Rumor: Capitals interested in Claude Giroux.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I feel like at this age Giroux should be making every moment count in an effort to win a cup. Not sure how many seasons he has left in him with the probability of injury increasing yearly. If I'am him I'am in more of the "I need a Cup now" mindset.

Jesus he turned 34 two months ago and has missed a total of 15 games in his 14-season career. I think he's got some time left.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
The Caps may be interested in CG, I just don't think CG will have any interest in the Caps. Plus, I'm not sure the quality of pieces coming back from Washington is there.

Yawn

Jul 19, 2011
Spencer Mansion
I mean, the Caps are a good team and Giroux would make them that much better. Just because they're not a favourite doesn't mean they wouldn't have a puncher's chance if they added Giroux.

I can't believe I'm a Pens fan trying to convince a Caps fan of the Caps legitimacy.
And pumping Claude Giroux’s tires in the process!

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
because GMs never say one thing and do something completely opposite
Actually caps Gm has been very upfront about exactly what he wants to do and usually follows through. If he said he does not expect to trade top prospects then thats exactly what i expect will happen.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Actually caps Gm has been very upfront about exactly what he wants to do and usually follows through. If he said he does not expect to trade top prospects then thats exactly what i expect will happen.
Perhaps, but also the Vrana-Mantha trade had mostly come in out of nowhere. He will make a splash if he finds a deal he likes

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Perhaps, but also the Vrana-Mantha trade had mostly come in out of nowhere. He will make a splash if he finds a deal he likes

Vrana trade was not out of nowhere. The writing was on the wall that Vrana was not meeting the teams expectations. The GM also never once said that he was not going to trade Vrana. And the Mantha-Vrana trade was hardly a splash.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've wanted to see Giroux passing to Ovechkin for over a decade. The best shooter he's ever passed to was Hartnell :laugh:. Guy would have like 200 more career assists had he played with anyone with an elite shot.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I love Giroux as a player. If he can bump down Oshie to the third line and the Caps go with a second line of Giroux-Backstrom-Mantha I really like the top six.

I just don’t think the Caps would get the value out of him that it’d cost to acquire him. He’s not going to get PP time which negates a lot of what he will add to his new time.

He can play the right side of the PP, although that reduce his effectiveness compared to his usual position.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm sure Giroux looks at the Caps and says "uh yeah that is my best option for a cup" lol

That would be a sad way to end Giroux career.

He's 34 and still playing at a very high level. Would guess he's got at 3 more years left in him, if not 5. He's been incredibly healthy having missed less than 10 games due to injury the last 10 years. Playmakers tend to retain their skills at a high level longer than some other types of players as well.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Never say never...but to me, the Caps aren't quite good enough for an over-the-hill Giroux to make them a true contender. I've been wrong before, though.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I've wanted to see Giroux passing to Ovechkin for over a decade. The best shooter he's ever passed to was Hartnell :laugh:. Guy would have like 200 more career assists had he played with anyone with an elite shot.
And that says alot since he had the most assists in the 2010 decade of any player!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad