OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Romancing the Stone - rewatch .. my kid enjoyed it. A solid paint-by-numbers 80's fun action rom com

Monkey Man - real excited to watch this. Got Peacock streaming for Olympics and this movie and I just ran out of the Olympics

Lost - uggh f*** me. Fam was stream scrolling not finding anything so we went with a rewatch of Lost. My kid liked the pilot so we'll plug away when we dont have anything else to watch
I rewatched Lost about 4 years ago and enjoyed it way more the second time around.

I am thinking of watching it again but this way:

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Currently doing a rewatch of The Wire. Such a good show. So many actors/actresses that went on to do big things after this show.

One of my favorite scenes is in season one when Bunk and McNulty are revisiting the case of the girl Dee popped for Avon. They’re redoing the scene in the apartment and all they are saying is different iterations of f*** and mother f***er while the building manager watches in awe. Such a great scene.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Currently doing a rewatch of The Wire. Such a good show. So many actors/actresses that went on to do big things after this show.

One of my favorite scenes is in season one when Bunk and McNulty are revisiting the case of the girl Dee popped for Avon. They’re redoing the scene in the apartment and all they are saying is different iterations of f*** and mother f***er while the building manager watches in awe. Such a great scene.

best scene of all time.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/the-wire-oral-history-f***-scene.html

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Monkey man - 7/10 i guess ... it was good, interesting, some of the fight sequences had some pretty gruesome scenes .. but the movie just wasnt complete, wasnt fully developed .. but big fan of Dev Patel and his young directing career .. go make some kick ass movies for us

The Bikeriders - 7/10 I guess .. was good, goodfellas esque with the female narration throughout but I guess I need a traditional plot -- conflict/resolution .. hero/anti hero .. either needed to be an hour longer and put some actual meat on the bones/better character back stories or edited half that picnic dialogue scene out ..

same theme/dialogue kept repeating itself

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
This show on Peacock called Mr. Throwback is pretty funny

It’s Steph Curry show and it’s some sort of mock documentary
He’s definitely a better actor than LeBron

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Oppenheimer - was good, interesting but ill never want to watch it again

The Fall Guy - was very much a streaming service movie and it didnt pretend to be otherwise

House of Dragon - we finally finished it .. what a dud second half of the season .. cant believe they ended season 2 with a whimper .. i liked it mostly but with the expectation that it was leading up to some grand finale that never came.

I cant believe they ended it like they did

Season 3 filming wont even begin until 2025 ... way too long in between S1 and S2 and i honestly forgot S1 plotline

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Oppenheimer - was good, interesting but ill never want to watch it again

The Fall Guy - was very much a streaming service movie and it didnt pretend to be otherwise

House of Dragon - we finally finished it .. what a dud second half of the season .. cant believe they ended season 2 with a whimper .. i liked it mostly but with the expectation that it was leading up to some grand finale that never came.

I cant believe they ended it like they did

Season 3 filming wont even begin until 2025 ... way too long in between S1 and S2 and i honestly forgot S1 plotline
i'm giving House of Dragon the same treatment i gave GoT, wait several years before I start watching.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I've enjoyed the first season of Batman: Caped Crusader. Not all of the episodes work, but there are a few gems scattered in there (eg those with Clayface and Catwoman). The show really captures the spirit of the original 1990s Batman TAS, but this time with state of the art animation and artwork.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I've enjoyed the first season of Batman: Caped Crusader. Not all of the episodes work, but there are a few gems scattered in there (eg those with Clayface and Catwoman). The show really captures the spirit of the original 1990s Batman TAS, but this time with state of the art animation and artwork.
Have you seen Justice League, Crisis on infinite earths? I’ve watched part 1 and 2, waiting on 3 to get to Max.

Finally went back to X-Men ‘97, it grew on me…

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Have you seen Justice League, Crisis on infinite earths? I’ve watched part 1 and 2, waiting on 3 to get to Max.
I saw part 1, hated it, saw the reviews for part 2, they were brutal, so I'm not going to bother with either 2 or 3. DC Animated seems to have lost its way for the moment. The animated Watchmen trailer didn't inspire any confidence either.

But hey, Legend of Vox Machina S3 in a month, so not all bad :)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I saw part 1, hated it, saw the reviews for part 2, they were brutal, so I'm not going to bother with either 2 or 3. DC Animated seems to have lost its way for the moment. The animated Watchmen trailer didn't inspire any confidence either.

But hey, Legend of Vox Machina S3 in a month, so not all bad :)
Ohhh can’t wait for VM.

Yeah on Crisis, did not love part 1, but I liked part 2 better. Guess I’m pot committed now.

Reactions: sycamore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad