OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
The Platform - if youre looking for a great mind bender kinda gruesome indie movie. very unique and works well

Im going w a classic i havent seen yet, with a few old fashions in my hand -- on the waterfront or north by northwest

Last edited:
Reactions: Chili

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
LA Confidential - rewatch, its good but not 99% RT great

The Contestant - documentary, its good but not 93% RT great

Zombieland - rewatch, its good but not 86% RT great

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

remember that RT percentage is not the rating out of 100%, it's just how many ratings are "good" ones vs. bad

means LA Confidential isn't, like, the perfect film but it's not a polarizing opinion to call it "good"

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
remember that RT percentage is not the rating out of 100%, it's just how many ratings are "good" ones vs. bad

means LA Confidential isn't, like, the perfect film but it's not a polarizing opinion to call it "good"
eeb3e766-cae0-4c9c-827e-04d2b865f653_text[1].gif

Man .. thank you. Now Im wondering what other common knowledge things do I have wrong

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Love LA Confidential. When I had cable it was always hard resisting watching it when stumbling upon it in progress.

Man had a pretty massive Vikings Valhalla binge. Had two episodes left in the 1st season and watched all the way through the 2nd season in one sitting not even realizing there is a 3rd season so it was a fun bonus. Continued the binge into the 3rd season I think three episodes.

Reactions: Neil Racki

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Love LA Confidential. When I had cable it was always hard resisting watching it when stumbling upon it in progress.

Man had a pretty massive Vikings Valhalla binge. Had two episodes left in the 1st season and watched all the way through the 2nd season in one sitting not even realizing there is a 3rd season so it was a fun bonus. Continued the binge into the 3rd season I think three episodes.

It’s funny, I watched VV before Vikings…then went back and binged Vikings….now I have to watch the latest season of VV….such great content/characters.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Longlegs - anybody seen yet? just me and the 12 yr old and I got tickets but now am wondering whether its the right call .. watched the trailer and didnt see anythign sexually violent or sexually graphic
My Dad took 12 year old me and my 9 year old brother to John Boorman's Excalibur. Also tricked my mom taking me to Bladerunner right around that age also. Both of those were pretty graphic. But was different time in the early 80s with R films. Do not have a child (yet or known) but the ultra violence always concerned me more than nudity/non-violent sexuality. Was interesting when PG13 rolled out in 1984. Basically the R violence moved down into the PG13 realm over time.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I had just turned 7 when my best friend and I were taken by our moms to see Stripes. Not quite sure what they were thinking. Maybe MPAA ratings back then were not taken all that seriously? :dunno:

We loved it, of course. The movie is cartoonishly funny enough to not be completely lost on a kid, but the oodles of nudity, sex, and "adult language" were probably not so appropriate. And our moms stuck to their guns, cuz as I recall there's a bunch of that stuff very early on and they didn't drag us out of there...

Fond memories. ;)

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
My Dad took 12 year old me and my 9 year old brother to John Boorman's Excalibur. Also tricked my mom taking me to Bladerunner right around that age also. Both of those were pretty graphic. But was different time in the early 80s with R films. Do not have a child (yet or known) but the ultra violence always concerned me more than nudity/non-violent sexuality. Was interesting when PG13 rolled out in 1984. Basically the R violence moved down into the PG13 realm over time.
Oh also had a big family trip around Europe when I was 16 and France it was a bit eye opening that billboards could have topless ladies and the same was ok on regular French television. My Dad was stationed in the '60s all over Europe (AirForce navigator) so he was good explaining even then that violence was more restricted than nudity/non-violent sexual content. He was a bit of a playboy in that decade, heh.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
The Gift - (2015) w jason Bateman, it was good. a good kinda thriller drama movie to watch with your wife on the couch. Hes more Ozark bateman then arrested development bateman.

On the waterfront - (1954) best pic winner, Brando won best actor ... first half was really good, but was kinda confused at the ending and how it played out.

-----------------

I NEED HELP identifying a movie. Its maybe 15 years old. Comedy/drama/thriller. Takes place for the most part as 4-6 friends in an apartment talking and there is some dilmena of what to do/coming to a group decision .. with like a winning lottery ticket or something of value left behind that doesnt belong to any of them.

I thought it was The Gift but that was a totally diff movie apparently ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad