Rumor: Canucks Targeting Jake Guentzel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Jalen Chatfield, who's a 26 year old #5/6 defenseman, just signed for a $3 million AAV.

I think you're extremely low on your estimates for what these guys are going to be getting.

Myers has made over 60 mil in his career and absoloutely loves Vancouver.. its already reported that he is willing to take a paycut of around 2.5-3mil a year to stay in Van.

I dont see anyone paying Dillon 5mil.... thats Zadorov money.

Matt Roy i have no clue, but i dont see him as a 6mil Dman.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Good thing that the playoffs exist.

Guentzel being one of the best active playoff performers is a huge reason why he's an elite winger.

I mean I don't want to get into this again where Marner is an AHLer due to the playoffs, but based on his abilities he shows over 82 games every year he is a better player.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think Guentzel is right on par with Forsberg, Reinhart and Marner in this group.
Forsberg is a star he's one of the most underrated player in the league, he's playing with average center and produce over PPG most of the time. Pair him with Crosby and he would have score a few 100 pt season.

Reinhart is among the best PK players in the NHL, best goal scorer on the PP in the league this year and can also manage the C position.

Marner even through he suck in the playoff, he's a 90pt player in the regular seasion.

As I said Guentzel is ranking in the 10-15 category IMO.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Chicago would be smart to offer JG something like 3 yrs at 14.5 mil AAV, That might entice JG as he would still have some runway to sign another big UFA contract when he is 32 yrs old.

Chicago would massively improve Bedards development having JG beside him for the next 3 years.

Then in 3 years, Chicago can flip JG for a 1st round pick return at the deadline.

He would be 33 in the next contract. So ya no way does he take that and risks the money lost.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Myers has made over 60 mil in his career and absoloutely loves Vancouver.. its already reported that he is willing to take a paycut of around 2.5-3mil a year to stay in Van.

You're saying this as if Dillon is worse than Zadorov. Dillon's absolutely coming in at about $4.5 million a year, that's the going rate for middle pair DFD like him.

Roy isn't making $6 million, but $5 million is pretty reasonable based on his strong performance last year.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Myers isnt getting anything more than 3mil from Canucks.

Dillon at 5mil? He is 33 yrs old, why is he getting an almost 2mil raise?

Matt Roy at 6mil? why does he deserve a 3mil raise? Might as well spend that on Tanev or Zadorov then.

Canucks will have about 25mil in cap space. Theyll have enough for all those guys, they just have to trade Hronek and maybe even Mikhayev as well.
Myers and Dillon are going to be close to 5M, you will see. 2ns pairing D don't go for 3M anymore.

Are you familiar with Matt Roy? honest quesiton. I would take him in MTL at 6M per season right now. He's a solid 2nd pairing defenceman.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Forsberg is a star he's one of the most underrated player in the league, he's playing with average center and produce over PPG most of the time. Pair him with Crosby and he would have score a few 100 pt season.

Reinhart is among the best PK players in the NHL, best goal scorer on the PP in the league this year and can also manage the C position.

Marner even through he suck in the playoff, he's a 90pt player in the regular seasion.

And Guentzel is one of the best playoff performers in the NHL right now. Not mentioning that is not mentioning the biggest reason for why Guentzel is an elite winger.

In terms of goal scoring, Guentzel has the 2nd best goals/game of any player in the NHL in the playoffs dating back to 2017, he has 38 goals in 69 playoff games. Only Draisaitl is better than him with 41 goals in 69 playoff games.

Edit: my bad, Guentzel is actually 3rd. MacKinnon having 46 goals in 81 games is slightly better than Guentzel's rate (45 goals in 81 games).

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

sorry I missed this information, do you have a link?

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Feel like Jake is this year's "You're gonna regret it" signing.
Relegating that to whoever gives Lindholm more than $7 million and Joshua more than $2.8 million.

Both players are looking to cash in and both players trend towards the regret it category within 2 seasons or less

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
And Guentzel is one of the best playoff performers in the NHL right now. Not mentioning that is not mentioning the biggest reason for why Guentzel is an elite winger.

In terms of goal scoring, Guentzel has the 2nd best goals/game of any player in the NHL in the playoffs dating back to 2017, he has 38 goals in 69 playoff games. Only Draisaitl is better than him with 41 goals in 69 playoff games.
I can understand that and I agree with your statement but I like the others a little bit more. He's probably 11 or 12 on my list but I could see why some fans would put him 8 or 9 as well on their own list.

Still he's definitely not top5 on many list like the other poster said previously.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can understand that and I agree with your statement but I like the others a little bit more. He's probably 11 or 12 on my list but I could see why some fans would put him 8 or 9 as well. on their own list.

Still he's definitely not top5 on many list like the other poster said previously.

Yeah I definitely agree here. I have Guentzel in that 8-12 range, but calling him top-5 is craziness.

Reactions: EveryDay

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Guentzel produced at a better rate when moved to Carolina than he was in Pittsburgh.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Guentzel produced at a better rate when moved to Carolina than he was in Pittsburgh.
And? Do you believe that Aho is worse then Crosby at this moment? Do you think the Ryan O'Reilly is a better player then Aho?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Hossa's cap hit was dirt cheap due to the insane term contracts teams used to be able to hand out.

Rumor has been $9M ballpark for Jake.
$9M under an $88M cap(and rising) is about 10.2% CH. When Hossa signed his deal with Chicago at 30 years old it was at a 9.3% CH. It’s not that different.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Guentzel has stuck with Crosby so long that he essentially ended the "revolving winger" meme with #87. When you stick that long with one of the greatest players of all time, you begin to see the plays differently out there. Has been producing at a PPG and he sustains his play in he playoffs. He's a hell of a player and I know Detroit has bigger problems at D and G but he's legit and I'd happily welcome his level of talent

I think star player deadline acquisitions are generally overrated but Guentzel took that change of scenery and immediately looked so good in Carolina

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And? Do you believe that Aho is worse then Crosby at this moment? Do you think the Ryan O'Reilly is a better player then Aho?

Not sure what either of these have to do with the argument that was made.

Jake has had success without Crosby. Saying Forsberg would be a 100 pt player with Crosby is just saying things to say things.

Over the last two seasons...

Reinhart - 88 goals - 161 points - 164 GP - .98 PPG
Guentzel - 66 goals - 150 points - 145 GP - 1.04 PPG
Forsberg - 67 goals - 136 points - 132 GP - 1.03 PPG

Outside of Reinhart's defensive abilities and Forsberg's physical game, I don't really see the big difference between these three players if we are talking raw production. Especially when you factor in the piece about Guentzel being an incredible playoff player for nearly 10 seasons at this point.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
My point is Canuck nation hated it when Miller was signed to an 8yr contract that will take him to his Age 36 yr.

Florida hated the Bobrovsky contract a couple of years ago.

Edmonton hates the Nurse contract, etc..

Non of that matter if any of those teams wins the cup. Almost each cup winning team will have some sort of bad contract....

Giving Guentzel who is a top 5 winger in the game a big contract is a gamble id take on anyday.
Hahahahaha wtf. He isn't even on your team yet, no need to for the massive overrating to begin this early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad