Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RD Vincent Desharnais 2-Year, $2M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Yuck. Wasn't he a healthy scratch in the cup final? And Myers is now locked in the top 4.

Not the final piece I was hoping the Canucks were going to add on D.
Boqvist was my ideal piece. Shelter him with third pairing minutes, have the potential to be a top 4 and could run the second PP unit.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I prefer both the Forbort and Desharnais signings to Zadorov at 6x5M. IMO the only thing Zadorov does better than these guys is rush the puck.

We do have too many of this archetype on D though and something will have to give in-season, whether that be a trade or Willander blowing the doors off and signing in the spring.

Reactions: bossram

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I prefer both the Forbort and Desharnais signings to Zadorov at 6x5M. IMO the only thing Zadorov does better than these guys is rush the puck.

We do have too many of this archetype on D though and something will have to give in-season, whether that be a trade or Willander blowing the doors off and signing in the spring.
Yeah, but I guess the plan is to have these four beat everyone up for the half the game they play, while Hughes and Hronek skate circles around everyone the other half

Reactions: alternate

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
didnt know vd was a big freaking guy, im hoping he can step right in and do what zadorov did for us when he was here

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
You know what?

After last off season, I’m giving management a chance as they clearly showed our pro scouting was making the right choices.
Awesome, good to see some common sense make it's way into these threads. I think after today the Nucks are faster and nastier to play against. The Boston guys are playoff tested and come from a great system. Still moves to be made too.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Yep, hard to forget all the moaning and groaning last off season about Bluegers, Suter, Soucy, and Cole.
I don't remember that at all.

Edit: Not saying it didn't happen, mind you, just that when you say it's hard to forget, I did, in fact, forget. Seem to remember a lot of positivity last off-season, more so that this year. Difference in expectations, maybe.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
This is the first deal where I just don’t think it makes much sense, I’d rather give the extra few million and the term to Z.

I don’t know

Seems like might be Tocchet and Co. driven. Allvin mentioned during his interview they think their coaching staff can get a lot more out of him. Must have caught their eye during the Oilers series, or something.

Reactions: BluesyShoes

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Kind of a weird one but you’ve got to give them the benefit of the doubt … they certainly like size on the blueline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad