Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RD Vincent Desharnais 2-Year, $2M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
this move has to see Friedman go down so the Canucks can sign someone like Kylington.

they also must be committed to having Hronek’s and Hughes anchor their own pairings.

Reactions: BimJenning

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So I guess there's a camp battle between Juulsen and Friedman for the #7 spot. Unless they want to carry 8 Dmen which may not be a bad idea since they could potentially cycle through a number of farm bodies for the 14th forward that won't need to pass through waivers.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I was okay with Forbort as I assuming we were in for an improvement on right side of the defence. If Desharnais is the only acquisition that changes things. Hopefully the plan isn't to have both of Desharnais and Forbort in the regular top 6.

Reactions: MS and BimJenning

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
No way Hronek and Hughes can play together now, our puck movement is horrendous... I'm actually dumb founded at the moment. Myers is back on the top pair... puke...

Hughes-Myers
Soucy-Hronek
Forbort-Desharnais?

What in thr actual... Friedman is better than Desharnais.

Reactions: dez

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
On aggregate I’m fine with what they did up front, but on the blue line I’m very suspect.

Individually they’re all fine, but trying to build your entire bottom 4 around guys who have mobility and puck handling issues seems like a disaster for generating offense at even strength.

Each of Soucy, Myers, Forbert, and Vinny’s favorite target is boards and out. You can be physical and suppress scoring chances all you want, but it’s much better to just get it out quick and attack.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No way Hronek and Hughes can play together now, our puck movement is horrendous... I'm actually dumb founded at the moment. Myers is back on the top pair... puke...

Hughes-Myers
Soucy-Hronek
Forbort-Desharnais?

What in thr actual... Friedman is better than Desharnais.

I don’t see how you break up Soucy-Myers, they are legitimately pretty good together. Soucy-Hronek has been an absolute tire fire every time it was attempted.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Ok now I feel like we have too many of the Oaf Class of D men with minimal puck skills.

Going to have to split Hronek Hughes here. Low cost puck mover like PO Joseph would be good considering how much money is left now.

Yeah. Individually I don't hate any of the contracts but I really don't like the mix of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad