Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign RD Vincent Desharnais 2-Year, $2M AAV Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Vincent Desharnais got benched for the last couple of playoff series in Edmonton--replaced by Philip Broberg.

But you can't teach 'size' He's listed at 6'7" ad 226....actually an inch taller but 20 pounds lighter than Zadorov. But the advantage is that he's a relatively rare right-shot d-man.

No doubt that adding Desharnais and Forbort will add some serious 'snarl' to the Canucks back-end.
Certainly lessens the impact of losing Zadorov, at least from a physicality standpoint..

Reactions: Indiana

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Also this reflects how management views Juulsen now. Just not a regular.
That's becasue he isn't.

As for the singing sure why not for the PK but man this back end is in a world of hurt if Hughes gets hurt.

As for the day I thought the Canucks did well but I'm still asking who is going to play with EP40?

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Still feel like we need a puck mover for the second pairing. That is one of the things that killed us against the Oilers.

It killed them against Nashville too, it’s a bit baffling that they didn’t recognize that. As soon as they started pressuring the dmen with an aggressive forecheck the offense all but disappeared as it was boards and out every play, with zero flow to the attack.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Pretty sure when tocchet was on TNT he admitted to wanting big D. I think he needs to be a bit more flexible. I don't mind some of the guys being big and physical you do need some of that but it seems thats all he wanted and management went out and got him only that.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It killed them against Nashville too, it’s a bit baffling that they didn’t recognize that. As soon as they started pressuring the dmen with an aggressive forecheck the offense all but disappeared as it was boards and out every play, with zero flow to the attack.
I think this is actually the team that Tocchet wanta

Fast forecheck up front, meat and potatoes on the back

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Would be a pretty big fail if it takes him that long
Not really, one more year at BU then a season in the AHL, maybe some call up games.

Eventually Myers slides down to 3rd pairing and ya I talked myself into it, this signing doesn't really make much sense.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The miss for me is I’d rather have the Myers/Desharnais salary allocated towards one legit top four D and a league min guy or something

Prefer a well rounded bottom 4 with 2 elite top pairing Dmen as injuries occur a lot on defence especially to the bottom 4 as they’re getting shelled on the PK, against top lines, defensive zone starts etc. better to have depth imo.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Ohhhh no no no no no!!!!

This guy is a pilon. complete waste of cap. Not sure what Allvin is thinking letting this guy and Myers run the right side.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Like having the size on d and looking at how well Foote and Gonchar have done with our d I would take a wait and see
Definitely going to be nasty painful work getting to Demko for other teams .

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Tocchet and Foote must be tree whisperers based on how Allvin's building the defence.

None of the deals are terrible individually but we might be asking a lot from Hughes and Hronek re: moving the puck, or moving in general.

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
Wait. It's 2 mil per? I thought it was 2 year 1 mil AAV.

f*** man...

3.5 mil on Forbort and Desharnais???? WTF. You spent most of the Mihkeyev savings on this shit? f*** right off.
Yikes, I read this as $1M AAV too. Hard to imagine this contract being good value. His AFPAnalytics projection was $1.1M.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Opening night last year which had them near the top of the league.
Carson Soucy, Filip Hronek, Quinn Hughes, Noah Juulsen, Guillaume Brisebois, Tyler Myers, and Ian Cole.

So far this season and as some have said (it's shit)
Soucy, Hronek, Hughes, Juulsen, Myers, Forbort, Desharnais

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This defense corp is terrible. They’ve got to add some mobility and puck movement.
They basically replaced Cole and Zadorov, with Desharnais and Forbort......so this really isn't a huge downgrade in terms of puck moving d-men.

But there are still a few guys out there who might help in the puck-moving department--ie Erik Brannstrom and Adam Boqvist.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I don't see the defense being any worse, puck movement with Cole and especially zadorov was not quick either, zadorov was big but slow moving the puck, he used his body well and has a good shot, I think the problem is they just recreated a physical big defense on the back end at a cheaper price when some felt they needed more puck movement instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad