Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign G Jiri Patera to 2-Year, 2-Way Contract ($775K)

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Sooo, do we know that no other team placed a claim and he's on his way to Abby? Or do we have to waive him again later today or tomorrow and there is a chance he's picked up before going to Abby?
Nobody else put in a claim. He's Abbotsford bound.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Sooo, do we know that no other team placed a claim and he's on his way to Abby? Or do we have to waive him again later today or tomorrow and there is a chance he's picked up before going to Abby?

We do know, yes. Friedman and the like announced the Canucks were the only ones who claimed him and Canucks announced he's been sent to Abbotsford.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A four day holiday for Patera in Beantown......probably no more than a couple of practices.

In the Allvin interview, he claims the Bruins were apologetic for grabbing him on waivers in the first place....not sure if he was being facetious or not....But I guess the B's were just covering their backsides with contract negotiations with Swayman at a stalemate.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So now that he is back, I guess we are going to have a goalie log jam.

Lankinen, Silovs fighting for backup to Demko.

Silovs goes to Abby once Demko healthy.

So then we have Patera Silovs and tilapia arguing over who get sent to the ECHL

So then we have Ty Young and Koskenvuo in Kalamazoo.

So when everyone is healthy we have 7 goalies fighting for 6 spots.

Doubt the Canucks are going to carry 3 goalies, so is Dear Abby going to have Silovs Patera and Tolopilo fighting for ice time?

The good news is that we have 5 legitimate NHL goalies, (well Tolo has a chance to be an NHL starter some day, if not legitimate yet)

A four day holiday for Patera in Beantown......probably no more than a couple of practices.

In the Allvin interview, he claims the Bruins were apologetic for grabbing him on waivers in the first place....not sure if he was being facetious or not....But I guess the B's were just covering their backsides with contract negotiations with Swayman at a stalemate.
I don't think they were covering their backsides, I think this was a move to pressure Swayman to sign. If so, it worked.

Reactions: Lindgren

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA

Doubt the Canucks are going to carry 3 goalies, so is Dear Abby going to have Silovs Patera and Tolopilo fighting for ice time?

The good news is that we have 5 legitimate NHL goalies, (well Tolo has a chance to be an NHL starter some day, if not legitimate yet)

I don't think they were covering their backsides, I think this was a move to pressure Swayman to sign. If so, it worked.
Honestly I think it was probably both. Going into the season with just Korpisalo with the roster the Bruins have would be a huge risk. Legitimately could torpedo their chances at playoffs before the season even starts. Being able to put pressure on Swayman by picking up Patera showed that they were tired of playing games too

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If it’s true Demko is out until at least a November, having this goalie depth is going to be a good thing for us. Hopefully everyone stays healthy, but definitely good to have a guy like Patera on the farm in case of injury.

Reactions: Lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

Koskenvuo is still with Harvard. Were you thinking of Lemieux?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Koskenvuo is still with Harvard. Were you thinking of Lemieux?
Puckpedia shows him as non roster reserve. Wasn't sure where he was playing, forgot that he was at Harvard. They don't show Lemieux at all; so I guess his status is that he is not Canuck property?. It doesn't change my point, when Demko is healthy, we will likely have Patera Silovs and Tolopilo in Abby. Can't see any of them being happy about going to Kalamazoo.

Last edited:

iRageWin

Aug 7, 2014
Puckpedia shows him as non roster reserve. Wasn't sure where he was playing, forgot that he was at Harvard. They don't show Lemieux at all; so I guess his status is that he is not Canuck property?. It doesn't change my point, when Demko is healthy, we will likely have Patera Silovs and Tolopilo in Abby. Can't see any of them being happy about going to Kalamazoo.
Lemieux is on an AHL deal with Abby, not property of NHL Canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad