OT: Football thread (2024 season)

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Nate Hackett got hired to be the broncos HC to coax Rodgers over and then was hired as Jets OC to placate him.

All time bag getting stuff simply from knowing a guy so big shoutout to Nasty Nate. I respect it even though he f***ing sucks at his job lmao.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The irony of Salah getting fired is it could be argued that the Jets had the best chance of any team this season of beating the Vikings. They had the ball. They were driving for the win. The odds at that point were in the Jets favor. Rodgers made a poor throw and that was that. If Rodgers did not make that bad throw the Jets are 3-2 tied for first place and the talk is how far will the Jets go.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The irony of Salah getting fired is it could be argued that the Jets had the best chance of any team this season of beating the Vikings. They had the ball. They were driving for the win. The odds at that point were in the Jets favor. Rodgers made a poor throw and that was that. If Rodgers did not make that bad throw the Jets are 3-2 tied for first place and the talk is how far will the Jets go.
The Jets could have lost that game in the same fashion and still been in the conversation had they not played like absolute dog shit against Denver. It is what it is, though. Inconsistency from everyone, it was only a matter of time.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
That is true. The coach needs to be respected. I actually think the organization kissing Rodgers butt put the head coach in a tough position. Instead of the coach being 100% the boss people felt like the QB was making decisions. I think Salah is a pretty darn good defensive coach. It is noteworthy to me that Hackett kept his job.
Rodgers blowing off that mandatory preseason training session without repercussions was a good sign that Saleh was losing or had already lost the room.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Rodgers blowing off that mandatory preseason training session without repercussions was a good sign that Saleh was losing or had already lost the room.

I thought that trip was a mistake for a guy coming off injury and said so at the time. That may be a problem with Rodgers. It seems he is sometimes moody and high maintenance. If Saleh was a winning coach he may have been able to come down on Rodgers. Good news for the Jets new HC is the defense is stacked. The offense has weapons. Rodgers can still throw. The AFC East is really weak.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Most people think the Jets are pretty stacked with talent so would firing Douglas be a great move? Yes I know he has made mistakes. All GMs do but as far as team talent goes the Jets are rated high.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Thankfully the AFC East is not good to start the season. Win on Monday, and we're tied with the Bills for the division lead.

No doubt Rodgers had a say in this, but honestly, this was a long time coming. Saleh has had multiple instances over the last few years of egregious clock management, too many flags, and inability to make any adjustments during the game. The discipline ultimately falls on the head coach to keep his players disciplined, and he clearly was not doing that.

I am glad they chose Ulbrich to take over as interim, I like him. He shows passion, unlike Saleh on the sideline. If they tabbed Hackett (who needed to be shown the door too, but will never happen as long as Rodgers is around) as interim HC, I would have just given up.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Still think that was much ado about nothing. That largely became an issue because of Salehs wording.

More concern was lack of discipline and consistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad