Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign forward Vilmer Alriksson to 3 year ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
hate this. it's not like he was a threat to re-enter the draft since he was drafted out of europe. they should have waited until he was closer to turning pro

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Looks like a reward/signing bonus for his Young Stars and training camp performance.

But I still think his upcoming OHL season is make or break for any NHL optimism. 0.5 PPG last year doesn't cut it.

Could be a wasted contract slot but the team seems enthusiastic to work with him.

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
It’s a weird trend to do this league-wide. I really don’t understand it.
Maybe it's a gamble on the player's development try to make their ELC expire sooner incase they go off at 21 or 22 and need a more expensive contract? Or just to reward a player for doing well and getting them some money if they're in junior?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Looking forward to wearing my Alriksson Guelph Storm shirt to my first game of the season when we play Carolina at home in a bout a month from now,

By talking with people who know that organization well it looks like he will be playing with Jett Luchanko so he should be in for a huge season

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Maybe it's a gamble on the player's development try to make their ELC expire sooner incase they go off at 21 or 22 and need a more expensive contract? Or just to reward a player for doing well and getting them some money if they're in junior?

it'll slide because he's going back to jr

there's no reason to sign this player early that i know of

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
By the time you're picking in the fourth round of the entry draft, expectations are pretty limited. All you are really looking for is a kid who shows continuous improvement in the years following being drafted.

And from that standpoint, Arliksson is probably one of the Canuck prospects, along with Raty, who've made the most quantum leap, year over year. I have no idea what the expectations might be for him in Guelph this season. But because Arliksson is a bit of a 'unicorn' , his junior stats won't tell the full story.

He probably plays pro hockey at 6'6" and 230 or so. If can skate at all, he's always going to be a consideration or at least a fourth line role. Looks to me like his skating has improved dramatically; and he's a lot more physical than he was at his first camp. He's a 'project' pure and simple......but with a three-year ELC in his back pocket, clearly the Canucks see the potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad