Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers to 3y/3m Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Redeemed himself (mostly) in my eyes last year, still moves well and likely would’ve gotten more on the open market. I’m neither annoyed or excited about this, but it is nice to not have half the team new next year.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I get and understand why they did but I don't like it. I would have waited for the defence market to shake out before I signed Myers because you know he wanted to be back. This seems premature for really no reason. It should have been lower than $3 Million too.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
OK, Allvin overcooked here. Myers is only a year younger than Cole, who declined a fair bit as the season went on. I'm fine with the 3M for next season but the next two could be very troublesome, specially with the worst of the OEL buyout crunching the cap. Unless the Canucks had no realistic shot at bringing over Tanev or Dillion I think the 3 years instead of 1 or 2 makes it a bit of an L.
Yes, exactly. This is one of those moves that evokes an immediate reaction from the fanbase and will play out exactly like how we think it will over the course of the contract.

Like I get why they did it and he’s liked in the room, but man the term and dollars…

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i think at this point they have re-signed hronek, blueger, joshua and myers for $900k more cap space than last year.

that's not bad.

capfirnedly currently shows no signing bonuses for myers. not sure if that is confirmed but if it is this is not expensive to buyout.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Sign Tanev + Zaddy for 5 million each. And you can get a winger for EP for around 5 million

Hughes-Tanev
Soucy-Hronek
Zadorov-Myers
Reserves: Juulsen, Friedman

Is a solid defense.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I honestly hoped for a two year deal at that price but I get the feeling that the free agent market for D lis going to surprise a lot of people. I think Tanev is going to get a huge deal from someone if he hits the market.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Sign Tanev + Zaddy for 5 million each. And you can get a winger for EP for around 5 million

Hughes-Tanev
Soucy-Hronek
Zadorov-Myers
Reserves: Juulsen, Friedman

Is a solid defense.

I don't think Tanev can command 5 million at his age. His last deal was 4.5 and he's turning 35 this year, so I think 4/yr at 3 years is more than fair at this point.

Reactions: Russian_fanatic

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Chef Allvin is cooking up a recipe that is on fire
200w (1).gif

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Guy was huge in the playoffs. He was so good I shudder to think how bad of shape this team would have been in had he went down with an injury. I'll go against the grain of the nay-sayers here and say that this deal is a solid one for the team. He's a legitimate top 4 Dman who can log minutes. Maybe in term a year too long, but at $3M per I think it's a bargain. I personally think the Canucks front office are killing it so far. I'm pretty happy.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Don't like the term but you can bet your ass that he could have gotten more. Kept the AAV low so they can make it work. Hope he can stay at 80-90% of last year and it's a bargain if so

Reactions: HairyKneel

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
The deal is structured in such a way that I don't mind the third year and Myers is actually good value at 3m. The dude literally put his balls on the line in the playoffs and played very well all season. I think the only thing this means for Vancouver is that Tanev probably isn't going to be coming here unless big Z walks but it shouldn't effect Guentzel.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
OK, Allvin overcooked here. Myers is only a year younger than Cole, who declined a fair bit as the season went on. I'm fine with the 3M for next season but the next two could be very troublesome, specially with the worst of the OEL buyout crunching the cap. Unless the Canucks had no realistic shot at bringing over Tanev or Dillion I think the 3 years instead of 1 or 2 makes it a bit of an L.

As with Hronek, you're taking Ls (in value) when creating redundancy on the right side.

@alternate I was off by 1 signing lol. Damn you Joshua. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad