Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers to 3y/3m Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Gross. Hate this deal. He's 34 years old and was crap for most of his previous contract. Current coaching staff had success with him this year but again, he's 34 years old. We all just saw how fast Cole fell off a cliff due to age and we're banking on Myers maintaining his best level of play into his late 30s.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
There is zero chance you’d have gotten a right-side guy at this cap hit who could handle the 17-18 minutes Myers did last year.
They've been very open and vocal about valuing his size on defense to go along with the rest of the bottom 4. With Zadorov, its just a matter of whether or not his number meets their value marker for a bottom 4 guy - they'd clearly like to keep him.

Reactions: HairyKneel

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Gross. Hate this deal. He's 34 years old and was crap for most of his previous contract. Current coaching staff had success with him this year but again, he's 34 years old. We all just saw how fast Cole fell off a cliff due to age and we're banking on Myers maintaining his best level of play into his late 30s.
Fair point, this is the biggest risk of this signing.
Hopefully the coaching staff keeps his minutes low unless the situation forces their hands.

oba

Feb 2, 2024
Playoffs is the only thing that counts.
And this dude was a rock in the playoffs.

Or:

The regular 82 exhibition critics will whine and whine but the real shit starts on game 83.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
It’s only the third year here that gives me pause - I was fully expecting 3-3.5 million plus on a 2 year deal given what we paid for Cole last year in FA and the cap going up.

Given his size and RHD, and ability to play bigger minutes than Cole, I’m not surprised his agent was able to squeeze us a bit harder.

Very interested to see how the search for Petey’s winger goes from here, and if we’ll be able to add additional depth on d or not.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Have to think Hughes, Petey and Miller are feeling pretty good right now. Hard to imagine they weren't having thoughts of Toffoli/Markstrom/Tanev/Stecher after the bubble seeing so many guys unsigned for so long, and then BAM, we lock up all the guys that started the year with the team.
I still remember the ran outta time comment by Jim. What a f***ing embarrassment of a GM.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Was expecting Dak’s deal to be $500k higher & Myers’ to be $500k less… so it’s a wash for me.

Wish he would have given a bit of a discount since he was overpaid in his last deal.

Zadorov next plz

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
View attachment 888262

Meh, not really worth buying out in the final year unless he's absolutely awful. I imagine they could trade him with 50% retention for something even if he sucks because of his size.
I read in some tweet he has an NMC in year 3, which would have meant the only way to move off him would be a buyout.

Looks like that is the opposite, he has an NMC in years 1-2 and a limited NTC in year 3.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
OK, Allvin overcooked here. Myers is only a year younger than Cole, who declined a fair bit as the season went on. I'm fine with the 3M for next season but the next two could be very troublesome, specially with the worst of the OEL buyout crunching the cap. Unless the Canucks had no realistic shot at bringing over Tanev or Dillion I think the 3 years instead of 1 or 2 makes it a bit of an L.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad