Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers to 3y/3m Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not a big fan of of this. Much rather spend a bit more on Tanev.
Tanev has a larger market. If you are EDM, if you can sign Tanev, you dump Ceci and hope he can help Nurse. Toronto, also should have interest in Tanev. Dal is buying out Suter, so they have some cap space to afford him. Technically, Tanev would have been a 2008 pick as that was his first year of eligibility. I would say I would have preferred Tanev instead, but that was no guarantee of securing him.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Happy with $3 million, not excited with 3 years. I imagine that extra year brought down his cap hit. Thankfully his 3rd year is buyout friendly.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Nope not a fan of this one. 2 years maximum and $2.5M maximum otherwise I would have chased Tanev, who by all accounts could be interested in a return.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
A year too long, and would have expected more of a discount (250-500k more).

Glad to have at least 3 RHD signed but need to bump myers and juulsen down the chart.

Reactions: Hodgy

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Nope not a fan of this one. 2 years maximum and $2.5M maximum otherwise I would have chased Tanev, who by all accounts could be interested in a return.
Going to guess Tanev signs a 4 year 20 mil contract. There are some teams offering stupid money. Would be very risky.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
A year too long, and would have expected more of a discount (250-500k more).

Glad to have at least 3 RHD signed but need to bump myers and juulsen down the chart.
They have to choose between D depth and Guentzel.

Reactions: timw33

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Don’t think I like this at all. I’d be very happy to be wrong, but IMO, while he was getting better results and had a stronger playoffs, Myers was still kind of intermittently doing a lot of weird Myersy stuff - it just wasn’t really hurting anything. That obviously concerns me a lot going forward.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Third year is buyout-able, if his play takes a nosedive later in his career.
myers buyout.jpg

Meh, not really worth buying out in the final year unless he's absolutely awful. I imagine they could trade him with 50% retention for something even if he sucks because of his size.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
In my various CapFriendly projections, I had Myers at $2.95M for 2 years.

Only being off by .05 in the cap hit isn't going to upset me. And I think the way the third year is structured, it gives the Canucks the ability to walk away if they have to.

Fair deal for a guy who wants to be here. He and Soucy proved to be a difficult pair to play against for the Oilers in Round 2, so glad they get to ride again, here.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
$3m is exactly what I've been expecting him to be at all off-season. 3 years, not so much, but I also think this is a good way to ease Willander into the lineup. He can be a 3rd pairing Dman on the right side for his rookie season while Hronek and Myers take the heavier minutes. I'm fine with this. But I figure this means that Zadorov is walking on Monday which is a shame. Hopefully they can shift that money into some more speed and skill in the top six to balance it out.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
3m for a bottom 5 guy who can play top 4 when injuries pill up can be useful. Just don’t like that it’s 3 yrs.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I will reserve judgment on this.

Ultimately, event though I would have liked 2 years or 2.5 million per year over three, I am fine with this if Myers is on the third pair, and for example, this doesn't prevent us from signing Tanev and Guentzel/Reinhart.

This must mean Zadorov is not coming back though,

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I was never a fan of the original Myers contract. I have to give him his flowers though for his play last year, and living up to his contract. He might of been able to get 3×5m on the market. That being said I am not a fan of having him signed until he is 37 and of the NMC and mNTC in the last year. If he doesn't decline much it's a good deal. I don't think this signing should of been a priority

Also here is a Gifaffe meme that I forgot to use during the season:
FB_IMG_1714436046679.jpg

Reactions: VanCanucks53

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I will reserve judgment on this.

Ultimately, event though I would have liked 2 years or 2.5 million per year over three, I am fine with this if Myers is on the third pair, and for example, this doesn't prevent us from signing Tanev and Guentzel/Reinhart.

This must mean Zadorov is not coming back though,
They can’t sign Tanev AND Guentzel/Reinhart and field a 23 man roster.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
They have to choose between D depth and Guentzel.
IMO they will go after Guentzel over defense depth.

They showed last year that they were willing to go into the season with an incomplete defense. There will be a dozen options to choose from at the deadline.

Star wingers tends to be a lot more expensive to acquire through trade.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
I'm personally fine with this. Feel like he certainly could've gotten close to 4.5m in free agency after the year he had. 3rd year is okay with me as well. Can dump him in 2026 off-season if cap space is tight/Myers has fallen off.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad