Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers to 3y/3m Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I'm not a fan of the 3rd year either but my assumption without looking is the contract is structured so we can buy out Myers in the last year if his play falls off.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If they were going to 3 years I wanted a bit under 3m but I won't niggle. He formed a great pairing with Soucy, is aging extremely well, and wants to be in Vancouver. Big part of the culture. Keeps Tocchet happy.
My thoughts exactly. I was fine with $3M AAV, which was expected, but should have kept the term down. He's 34, don't think the third year was necessary. And if he wanted to come back in summer 2026, they could've worked something out on a year-to-year basis.

It's not a win. But passable.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Fine contract, and good value if he can repeat last year. I do worry we’re planning on running Hronek-Myers-Juulsen down the right. Would like to see a guy signed to bump Juulsen down to #7, but not sure that’s in the cards.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
You know what, Myers was pretty solid for us this year and he was really good for us in the playoffs.

This is a small overpayment, but I think it's fine, he's found his role and the coaching staff will probably squeeze 3 years of productivity out of him.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
1719528296955.png

Have to think this means no Zad. Can't imagine fitting him and a top line winger under the cap now. I'm guessing Dillon at <3m; Juulsen gets the 6th D spot, and a big name winger.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This absolutely means no Zadorov, which is fine. But are we really going to run it back? Running out of cap for tangible improvements..

Reactions: BimJenning

Else Ermine

Jun 1, 2024
It's a good move. Capable RHD cost too much and he's never been worse than a second pair one despite the hatred of his previous contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad