Post-Game Talk: Canucks overcome Game Management to win in Shootout 5-4

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
no, the puck did, but his stick was up high and hit his arm.. so the call of "slahsing" is technically correct

That's the best kind
SnhYNtt.gif

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Yeah, he seems like an OK dude and he tries hard but being a colour guy really isn’t his gig.

I will echo what someone else said that while the first period was painful he did get a bit better. He talks too much and tries too hard to be goofy and self deprecating like Garrett and it just doesn’t work. But I didn’t hate him as much in the third.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Lolol...Carter Hart. Wow. If I'm AV, that guy never starts another game in Philly. Absolutely handed the game to the Canucks. Came out completely flat, dominated in possession and shots...then, oh hey! Here are four weaksauce goals an AHL goalie could easily stop! Where the hell was that when we really needed it from the hockey gods...if I've ever seen a game where the difference was goaltending, it was this one.

Corey Hirsch is a misery for my ears. I thought Garrett was annoying, but that guy's next level. FYI for ya bud: that foamy thing covering the part of the microphone you speak into? It's actually not a decoration. It's called a pop shield, and its function is to stop the hard P sound from blowing out our speakers at home during the broadcast. Keep it on the mic, dumbass.

--Garland is a great player. As down as I was on the whole OEL deal, getting him was genuinely good. Amazing how the team seems to have no idea what to do with him. It's so weird how they tunnel vision in on their guys and their plans to the point where they can't even handle developments that would be drastic improvements. Garland -- Pete/Miller/Bo -- Hoglander is a line any smart coach starts right now. Hoglander and Garland on a line is an ES monster; hope they put it together sometime soon.

--Demko: if he's even above average, this game's done in the first period. Still solid as a rock.

--It's so weird seeing Philly and it being totally unfamiliar. Oh yeah, US teams are a thing. Huh. Good to be coming out of our pandemic mouseholes.

One hell of a big horseshoe headed our way tonight.

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lolol...Carter Hart. Wow. If I'm AV, that guy never starts another game in Philly. Absolutely handed the game to the Canucks. Came out completely flat, dominated in possession and shots...then, oh hey! Here are four weaksauce goals an AHL goalie could easily stop! Where the hell was that when we really needed it from the hockey gods...if I've ever seen a game where the difference was goaltending, it was this one.

I mean, the entire St. Louis series in the bubble looked like this only moreso?

Even against Edmonton Mike Smith conceded a hideous goal to allow us to tie the game.

Reactions: Burnaby Schmo

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Caught the highlights - great to see Podkolzin score, and nice to get the first W of the season. Less nice to blow a two goal lead in the dying minutes, but I’ll take it.

A few fluky goals on a very weak Carter Hart, but they all count in the end, so I’ll take it.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Mafia reffing. They knew they could not call a high stick, knew puck hit knockknee’s head so they call it slashing

looking directly at EP getting hooked in the hands on the breakaway and ignores it

will there be an investigation? Nope there will be points gained towards playoff reffing

Reactions: tyhee

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Podz getting the Jake treatment. How dare he score a goal under Green’s watch

stapled to the bench the rest of the of way

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Chiasson was a disaster in our end. Gave away the puck in our end 3 times on one shift in the first.

definitely need to cycle him in and out of the lineup on the fourth line

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Mafia reffing. They knew they could not call a high stick, knew puck hit knockknee’s head so they call it slashing

looking directly at EP getting hooked in the hands on the breakaway and ignores it

will there be an investigation? Nope there will be points gained towards playoff reffing

1) We got the exact same game management when behind against Edmonton in the last game with a 3-0 3rd period PP advantage.

2) We got a couple big missed calls in our favour when we were getting dominated in the first period. Things evened out, at worst.

The blown icing call was much worse than the penalty call.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
oh man I’d forgotten about that. That was wild.

has John Shorthouse actually been doing PbP so long that he called Hirsch’s games?

Thats a good question, but I thought it was Jim Hughson during the Hirsch years. Either way I think Hirsch made Shorty feel a little uncomfortable tonight calling the game, that it actually got into his head. Saying things like "I know you're missing your partner Garrett, we should hug it out!" LOL wtf. Thats enough to make anyone feel awkward haha.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Those 3 Canuck goals were flukey, but I'm not sure where Hart letting in all weak goals are coming from.

It's not like Hart really had a chance on Petey and Chiasson's goals. Those were some of the strangest bounces and deflections I've ever seen that lead into a goal.

EP's goal was off a knee, off the backboard, off Hart's left skate, then his right skate.

Hart made an incredible save on Chiasson's initial shot. Then it was a scramble in front of the net, Flyer's dman tried to sweep it out of the crease and it went off Chiasson's skate and into the net. No body in the scrum even knew where the puck was until it was in the net.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad