Post-Game Talk: Canucks overcome Game Management to win in Shootout 5-4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Thats a good question, but I thought it was Jim Hughson during the Hirsch years. Either way I think Hirsch made Shorty feel a little uncomfortable tonight calling the game, that it actually got into his head. Saying things like "I know you're missing your partner Garrett, we should hug it out!" LOL wtf. Thats enough to make anyone feel awkward haha.

oh yeah, that moment was super telling. He had just said something kinda awkward about making “radio money” and was clearly in shortys head. That was so funny though.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Ok Green, now that you are finally reading my posts get Chiasson off the 3rd line and replace him with Podz

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Win reminded me of wins we had a couple of years ago when marky and Demko played lights out and covered alot of tire fire sins

make no mistake the difference between goalies was the difference tonight

we need to clean up alot in our own end with overall team d

Reactions: Indiana and B-rock

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
you think vancouver gets called goalie graveyard for the past decade before luongo arrived. LOOK at philly. they are the definitely one.

Reactions: Indiana

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
EP hasn't looked like the goal scorer he did as a rookie. Bo too needs to start hitting the net, especially when it's empty..

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Thought we were in for a long evening if not for Carter Hart who energized the team. Nice to see Pods score his first goal. He looked so happy. But that was before Green benched him. Chiasson did his thing. Everything was going so well but of course the Canucks couldn't hold the lead. Thought we were going to lose for sure but we managed to eek out the win. These points add up.

On another note, Konecny was flying out there. Almost won the game for the Flyers. Hoping Garland gets his first goal soon.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
If Boeser is back next game, I go:

Miller-EP-Hoglander
Garland-Bo-Boeser
Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin
Highmore-Lammikko-Dowling

Like the way the defence is put together for now. Poolman is looking like a good fit beside Hughes. Enough IQ and puck skills to support QH and to get the puck out of the DZ with possession. All 3 pairings make sense, and are being deployed properly. Not sure what happens when we inevitably are missing a couple of bodies, but good for now.

Demko rounding into form. Don't think his rebound control is quite bubble quality yet, but MVP after 2 games.

Not loving everything Green is doing, far from it, but think the top 9 is still in flux. Looking forward to seeing what the lineup looks like with Boeser back.

Need another 2 points tomorrow. After last year, a quick start will be huge.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
BTW, Garland is so damn fast with his edgework, skating, and spin-o-rama's, he can barely stay up on his skates!

I would much rather 'this' than complain about other slow and tired skaters from the last few years..

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
you think vancouver gets called goalie graveyard for the past decade before luongo arrived. LOOK at philly. they are the definitely one.
They actually signed an undrafted goalie prospect by the name of Sergei Bobrovsky to a ELC way, way back but chased him out of town. Two time Vezina winner.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
firegreen_miviko_9d79b315ca544759bc4b9c5f0ef48086_master.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad