Post-Game Talk: Canucks overcome Game Management to win in Shootout 5-4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Guys moving around, guys seem off, etc. Could just be early season jitters but things just don't seem to click.
I wouldn't say they are a mess though...
Top 3 and even the 4th showed flashes of extended effectiveness..

A healthy Boeser and Motte would bounce bodies into pretty effective positions on paper... but we can't count on a healthy Boeser for a couple of weeks still... so we are rolling with what we got which I don't think is a mess... Your Pros will see to that to the next couple weeks. I hope.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
I wouldn't say they are a mess though...
Top 3 and even the 4th showed flashes of extended effectiveness..

A healthy Boeser and Motte would bounce bodies into pretty effective positions on paper... but we can't count on a healthy Boeser for a couple of weeks still... so we are rolling with what we got which I don't think is a mess... Your Pros will see to that to the next couple weeks. I hope.

That's the hope but most nights the Nucks won't have Carter Hart in goal playing like tonight.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Pod szn

OEL so far so good

Green still dumb

Garrett better come back asap, that was hard to listen to

Reactions: Fatass

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
oh man I’d forgotten about that. That was wild.

has John Shorthouse actually been doing PbP so long that he called Hirsch’s games?

Looks like he would have actually, 1998-99 was Hirsch's last season with the Canucks and Shorty's first.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Green can screw right off for sitting podz after he scores a great goal in the second game of the year!! Not like its a playoff game with the season in the balance

some reward, and we wonder why players like ep want out

Reactions: Grumpy1

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
All idiot Green needs to do is play the lines we all know need to be in place and then just stand there and shut up

but nope

- starts the season with Chiasson on the top line
- plays hogs on line 3
- plays podz on line 4
- sits podz after he scores a goal

The guy is utterly incompetent

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Did Green explain why Podz was benched?

Had left him on the bench too long and didn't think it was fair to Podz to expect him to be able to get his legs going after sitting too long. Sat because of the flow of the game, match-ups on the road etc. Has been that guy that sits for first 7-8 mins of a period, to be thrown over the boards and be expected to create some energy. Didn't think it was fair to Podz, nor putting him in a position for success and didn't want to risk his confidence in case a mistake cost them in a close game.

On the positive side, didn't sound like Green had a negative view of Podkolzin's game, just poor bench management I guess.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
1) We got the exact same game management when behind against Edmonton in the last game with a 3-0 3rd period PP advantage.

2) We got a couple big missed calls in our favour when we were getting dominated in the first period. Things evened out, at worst.

The blown icing call was much worse than the penalty call.

No doubt the Canucks benefit from game management, probably in the last few years more than an average team. Of course, fans always remember the games stolen from them more than the help given them. Obviously in their days as President Trophy winners, as a strong team that usually had the lead, they'd get hammered by the refs.

Reffing to help the team that is behind imo hurts the credibility of the league and makes the games more entertainment than sport.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Had left him on the bench too long and didn't think it was fair to Podz to expect him to be able to get his legs going after sitting too long. Sat because of the flow of the game, match-ups on the road etc. Has been that guy that sits for first 7-8 mins of a period, to be thrown over the boards and be expected to create some energy. Didn't think it was fair to Podz, nor putting him in a position for success and didn't want to risk his confidence in case a mistake cost them in a close game.

On the positive side, didn't sound like Green had a negative view of Podkolzin's game, just poor bench management I guess.

Thanks for sharing.

That might just be the dumbest excuse ever. Green is an idiot and I hate that he's our coach.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

that is a diplomatic way of saying he was afraid to put him out there.

Reactions: Jimnastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad