Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Vancouver has been sending cute smiles at Guentzel since last TDL. They’ve been playing the long game.

Tampa just rolled up to the bar at closing time.

but she was still leaving with her bf as recently at last call until we started waiving our billfold around. and tampa's got a bigger billfold and a shorter drive home.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I cant get over how bad Carolina has fumbled Guentzel and likely a bunch of their players this offseason
Carolina should've done what Vegas did and secure an extension in place before making that deal.

If Carolina is ever going to get to that next level they will have to get comfortable signing contracts that age poorly on the back end of them. Still can't believe they didn't go hard after JTM when he was potentially available.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
but she was still leaving with her bf as recently at last call until we started waiving our billfold around. and tampa's got a bigger billfold and a shorter drive home.
Guentzel is the OnlyFans girl Vancouver spends a lot of time messaging and pining over.

Only to see her get what’s coming to her from another guy.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Brannstrom is an interesting bottom pairing target.

The Canucks were great in their own end last season, but outside of the Hughes pairing their inability to transition the puck up the ice was a big detriment in the playoffs.

If he can help in that department on a cheap, 1 year deal on the bottom pairing it would be a big boon. Team needs to make some cheap upside bets (in addition to the known need to get a regardless if they’re going to improve on last season.

Small, Canucks have shown they prefer size in for their bottom 4. They probably rather play Juulsen over him as the #6 if they had to (even though neither guy should be in the top 6 of a good team).

Reactions: Regal and dez

Diablo2020

Feb 11, 2020
Calgary
Forget the UFAs lets do some Mikhayev deals that help us fill spots without locking in much term.

Josh Anderson 5.50 x3
Jp Pageau 5.00 x2
Niklas Jensen 4.05 x2
Jeremy Lauzon 2.00 x2

We would need slight retention on a couple, or just a really big one on Anderson, to also sign Silovs as the backup.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lekkerimaki
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Pageau - Anderson
Podkolzin - Blueger - Garland
Di Guiseppe - Aman - Karlsson

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Jensen
Lauzon - Myers
Wolanin - Juulsen

Demko, Silovs

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
If he was on that trajectory sure, but he's not.
Yeah he'd be a throw in, not the main piece.

If we can't land any big fish tomorrow, and since this team's window is the next 3 years, and STL and Utah want to be competitive (meaning we likely can't extract any of their top 6 forwards if they achieve that), we should be hoping like hell that our top prospects have big years, Ottawa sucks again, Brady requests a trade, and we give up a haul to get him

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Forget the UFAs lets do some Mikhayev deals that help us fill spots without locking in much term.

Josh Anderson 5.50 x3
Jp Pageau 5.00 x2
Niklas Jensen 4.05 x2
Jeremy Lauzon 2.00 x2

We would need slight retention on a couple, or just a really big one on Anderson, to also sign Silovs as the backup.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lekkerimaki
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Pageau - Anderson
Podkolzin - Blueger - Garland
Di Guiseppe - Aman - Karlsson

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Jensen
Lauzon - Myers
Wolanin - Juulsen

Demko, Silovs

I'd prefer for the Canucks not to suck ass next season

Until Guentzel or Reinhart sign on the dotted line, my hopes for either one tomorrow are still high. We have a lot going for us

Yeah - it's basically unprecedented for players this good to get to July 1st. In the last decade I can think of two high-end UFAs: Tavares and Pietrangelo. This year we could have three: Guentzel, Reinhart, and Marchessault.

This is probably the best July 1st to have cap space available in league history.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I'm curious if management misd out on the big UFA fish if they might look at Marner. They might get him for deep discount if they can absorb his cap hit. I know he's been poor in the playoffs but he's got elite talent and would make magic with Pettersson.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
So... as of now we have

Hoglander - Pettersson - ***
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Aman - Podkolzin
(***)

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
*** - Juulsen
(Friedman)

Demko

4 spots to fill. You'd think Silovs and someone like Karlsson/Sasson/Raty/Bains for the other forward.
Two big holes on 1RW and 3LD

I'll fill your spot.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I'm curious if management misd out on the big UFA fish if they might look at Marner. They might get him for deep discount if they can absorb his cap hit. I know he's been poor in the playoffs but he's got elite talent and would make magic with Pettersson.
Toronto is not trading Marner for cheap.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Yeah - it's basically unprecedented for players this good to get to July 1st. In the last decade I can think of two high-end UFAs: Tavares and Pietrangelo. This year we could have three: Guentzel, Reinhart, and Marchessault.

This is probably the best July 1st to have cap space available in league history.
Panarin and I’d argue Hamilton, but yes this is unprecedented since the very early days of the cap.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Reinhart is younger, more durable, and vastly superior defensively. And has C utility.

Guentzel is probably a slightly better bet to light it up in year 1 of their contracts but on overall value for 7 years I’d take Reinhart.
Is that taking playoff production into account as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia