Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2024-25:Where's the Farm?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Eliteprospects hasn't gotten very far here...

1719348121373.png

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Was a bit surprised to see Islanders qualify Thompson. Is there something to it a la Kyle MacLean?
The Thompson family is likely highly regarded within the Bridgeport organization (Tyce's dad was the Head coach there for years), and I believe Tyce and Tage grew up in the area. So there's a good chance they are doing Tyce a solid by keeping him in the fold in a place he wants to be.

There's also a slight chance they are hoping for a bit of late development (like MacLean as you mentioned), which was the case with his brother. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as his brother, but just that his brother developed later than expected.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
So, where is this team at right now?

G: Högberg, Lennox, Skarek, Tikkanen

D: Bolduc, Cholowski (?), Fulp, George, Hutton, McDonald, Mitchell, Odelius, Rajaniemi, Warren

F: Dufour, Gatcomb, Gauthier, Iskhakov, Jefferies, Karlström, Kopperud, Kuefler, Liukas, Maggio, Nurmi, Radl, Thiesing, Thompson

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

D: Bolduc, Cholowski (?), Fulp, George, Hutton, McDonald, Mitchell, Odelius, Rajaniemi, Warren

F: Dufour, Gatcomb, Gauthier, Iskhakov, Jefferies, Karlström, Kopperud, Kuefler, Liukas, Maggio, Nurmi, Radl, Thiesing, Thompson

Doesn't Bolduc need to clear waivers to get there? Can't imagine he wouldn't be claimed.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
  1. i

Updated
F
  1. Iskhakov - Karlstrom - Maggio
  2. Jeffries - Pinho - Dufour
  3. Liukas - Gatcomb - Gauthier
  4. Nurmi - Thiesing - Thompson
  5. Kuefler - Gill - Kopperud/Radl
D
  1. Odelius - Hutton
  2. George - Fulp
  3. Cholowski - Newpower
  4. Warren - Mitchell
  5. McDonald - Rajaniemi

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I hope a Germany loss to Spain won't make you start to confuse Bolduc and Barzal . . .

I have a Spanish colleague at work. And he's been very vocal the past few weeks.

If Spain should win this thing and he starts yapping it up again, I'm gonna so barzal his bolduc that he'll be on the next plane to Madrid...

• Haha
Reactions: leeroggy

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Pinho signed

Hmmm, thought they'd let him walk.

Gill signed

Actually quite surprising that he'd not wanna sign an ELC instead. Maybe even demand it.

Hope that means the organization had some persuasive arguments for him. As great as he was in the Q the past few years, I think he'll need time to adjust to the pro game.

But we're sooo due to have a topscorer step out of junior and be a slam dunk in the AHL.

To be fair, Dufour pretty much was in his rookie season.

Wyatt NEWPOWER signed. Defensive defenseman previously from Grand Rapids

Like Gatcomb, another UCONN kid.

Looks like a Helgeson replacement to me.

And another in the line of Fulp and Mitchell.

So many fringe NHLers out there who can help out in a pinch. Sure wish we'd pull in those types instead.

Reactions: Wanderson

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm somewhat surprised Gill only got an AHL deal, but I'm all aboard with that.

Looks like BPT's center depth is going to look something like this...

Karlström
Pinho
Gill
Kopperud/Thiesing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad