Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2024-25:Where's the Farm?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Eliteprospects hasn't gotten very far here...

1719348121373.png

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was a bit surprised to see Islanders qualify Thompson. Is there something to it a la Kyle MacLean?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Was a bit surprised to see Islanders qualify Thompson. Is there something to it a la Kyle MacLean?
The Thompson family is likely highly regarded within the Bridgeport organization (Tyce's dad was the Head coach there for years), and I believe Tyce and Tage grew up in the area. So there's a good chance they are doing Tyce a solid by keeping him in the fold in a place he wants to be.

There's also a slight chance they are hoping for a bit of late development (like MacLean as you mentioned), which was the case with his brother. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as his brother, but just that his brother developed later than expected.

Reactions: Potvottier

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
So, where is this team at right now?

G: Högberg, Lennox, Skarek, Tikkanen

D: Bolduc, Cholowski (?), Fulp, George, Hutton, McDonald, Mitchell, Odelius, Rajaniemi, Warren

F: Dufour, Gatcomb, Gauthier, Iskhakov, Jefferies, Karlström, Kopperud, Kuefler, Liukas, Maggio, Nurmi, Radl, Thiesing, Thompson

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

D: Bolduc, Cholowski (?), Fulp, George, Hutton, McDonald, Mitchell, Odelius, Rajaniemi, Warren

F: Dufour, Gatcomb, Gauthier, Iskhakov, Jefferies, Karlström, Kopperud, Kuefler, Liukas, Maggio, Nurmi, Radl, Thiesing, Thompson

Doesn't Bolduc need to clear waivers to get there? Can't imagine he wouldn't be claimed.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
  1. i

Updated
F
  1. Iskhakov - Karlstrom - Maggio
  2. Jeffries - Pinho - Dufour
  3. Liukas - Gatcomb - Gauthier
  4. Nurmi - Thiesing - Thompson
  5. Kuefler - Gill - Kopperud/Radl
D
  1. Odelius - Hutton
  2. George - Fulp
  3. Cholowski - Newpower
  4. Warren - Mitchell
  5. McDonald - Rajaniemi

Last edited:

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Pinho signed
Gill signed

Wyatt NEWPOWER signed. Defensive defenseman previously from Grand Rapids

Reactions: SI

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I hope a Germany loss to Spain won't make you start to confuse Bolduc and Barzal . . .

I have a Spanish colleague at work. And he's been very vocal the past few weeks.

If Spain should win this thing and he starts yapping it up again, I'm gonna so barzal his bolduc that he'll be on the next plane to Madrid...

• Haha
Reactions: leeroggy

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Pinho signed

Hmmm, thought they'd let him walk.

Gill signed

Actually quite surprising that he'd not wanna sign an ELC instead. Maybe even demand it.

Hope that means the organization had some persuasive arguments for him. As great as he was in the Q the past few years, I think he'll need time to adjust to the pro game.

But we're sooo due to have a topscorer step out of junior and be a slam dunk in the AHL.

To be fair, Dufour pretty much was in his rookie season.

Wyatt NEWPOWER signed. Defensive defenseman previously from Grand Rapids

Like Gatcomb, another UCONN kid.

Looks like a Helgeson replacement to me.

And another in the line of Fulp and Mitchell.

So many fringe NHLers out there who can help out in a pinch. Sure wish we'd pull in those types instead.

Reactions: Wanderson

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm somewhat surprised Gill only got an AHL deal, but I'm all aboard with that.

Looks like BPT's center depth is going to look something like this...

Karlström
Pinho
Gill
Kopperud/Thiesing

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
How is Gill ranked compared to other older players to dominate the CHL like Maggio and Dufour?

In essence, he's another Maggio for this club.

Dufour was the bigger prospect than both of them. He was a high selection in the Q draft when he got selected and he was actually selected in his first summer of NHL draft eligibility (contrary to the popular belief of some, who kept hearing him referred to as an overager when he started scoring big - which was meant to indicate that he was popping in his final stages of CHL eligibilty, not that he had been drafted as an overager).

Both Maggio and Gill were drafted as overagers.

My comparables for these two continue to be Maggio ~ Brendan Gallagher and Gill ~ Travis Green. That's basically what I'm seeing.

It will be very fascinating to see if Gill can manage to take the step successfully. He too will have a ton to learn as a young pro this season and we shouldn't be too surprised if some time in Worcester is involved.

But he's got some verified skill and a high level offensive IQ. Let's hope we got a special one here.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Hmmm, thought they'd let him walk.

Actually quite surprising that he'd not wanna sign an ELC instead. Maybe even demand it.

Hope that means the organization had some persuasive arguments for him. As great as he was in the Q the past few years, I think he'll need time to adjust to the pro game.

But we're sooo due to have a topscorer step out of junior and be a slam dunk in the AHL.

To be fair, Dufour pretty much was in his rookie season.

Like Gatcomb, another UCONN kid.

Looks like a Helgeson replacement to me.

And another in the line of Fulp and Mitchell.

So many fringe NHLers out there who can help out in a pinch. Sure wish we'd pull in those types instead.

Can't help thinking this is the way free agency is meant to be used - picking up value pieces that supplement the core of the team already in place. In another sport, this use to be the staple of the New York Giants during their championship years.

Instead, there are teams that consistently overpay for players based on their past achievements; often seeing diminished returns from players with no incentive to keep improving.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
With Iskhakov gone, and even with the additions of Karlstrom, Gill, and Foudy up front, I'm wondering who is going to be this team's playmaker?

There's still plenty of time but it would seem like a lot of scoring has left the organization over the past two summers without much being brought in.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Updated
F
  1. Jeffries - Karlstrom - Maggio
  2. Gauthier - Foudy - Dufour
  3. Liukas - Pinho - Thompson
  4. Kuefler - Thiesing - Gatcomb
  5. Radl - Gill - Kopperud
D
  1. Odelius - Hutton
  2. George - Fulp
  3. Cholowski - Newpower
  4. Warren - Mitchell
  5. McDonald - Rajaniemi

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
With Iskhakov gone, and even with the additions of Karlstrom, Gill, and Foudy up front, I'm wondering who is going to be this team's playmaker?

There's still plenty of time but it would seem like a lot of scoring has left the organization over the past two summers without much being brought in.
Losing Andreoff and Terry was a huge loss and it showed last season and now they lost their leading scorer last season. Will be interesting to see who steps up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad