Lighting reaction to hit on Hedman completely embarrassing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Good clean hit and good teammate for sticking up for his player who was it.

Nothing to see here

Jumping a player isn't sticking up for them, it's embarrassing them.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Players don't benefit from instant replay when seeing their teammates get hit. A big part of hockey is you come after my guy, we come after you.

You as the fan don't have to like it, but it's part of the fabric of the game. And I freaking love it.

Reactions: Lunatik

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Playing close to a hundred games in a year is corrupting NHL hockey, elements of the game becoming untenable because of the congested schedule.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Could be just the way the team wants to show that they have Hedman's back as the new captain.

Could be they didn't like someone going after their captain/number 1 dman.

If you don't want someone to potentially come after you, don't throw a hit.

ClEaN hItS sHoUlDnT rEsUlT iN hAvInG tO dEfEnD yOuRsElF

As mentioned above players don't have the ability to pause the game, go check out the replay and make a decision.

WeLl It NeVeR uSe To HaPpEn

It did. There use to be brawls over looking, or even talking to a good player

Spargon

May 31, 2019
It wasn't even a big or devastating hit. Hedman barely stumbled over and bounced back up like it was nothing (it was). People are wayyy to soft these days throwing a tantrum over clean checks. Mind as well go no hit ringette for those 10 ply players and fans.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
This is simply what the nhl has become. If you hit a star you will likely need to answer for that. Doesn’t matter if it’s clean or not. Good way to get your team on the PP as the other side takes the instigator, but if you don’t want to be dealt with you’re probably not hitting a star again.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Davies is a 6th rounder who plays this style. He goes out and hits, nailed kucherov twice before the temper tantrums, some other scrub, and Hedman here. Clean hits, all of em. Doucherov just didn’t like that Davies was owning all of them so he horse collared him after another clean hit, then Geekie earned more penalties thanks to Davies. Kid drew 8 penalty minutes iirc and ran over the Lightning. Great f***ing job.

Before Hedman he also threw a hit on Kucherov, even twice if i'm not mistaken. Just some AHL thug trying to show off but since he can't score or make an assist the only thing left to do is attack the star players. Of course Tampa doesn't like that because it could end in injury before the season even starts. Anyway, he was literally the only guy on the ice doing it but he stopped after Geekie beat the crap out of him.
What exactly is the problem, I don't quite understand?

Nope. Kuch got popped again in the corner and he hit others, though nothing was as nice as him hitting Hedman.

Everyone was hitting all game, actually.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

snag

Feb 22, 2014
To those talking about camera angles and on ice vantage points in Kuch's defence...Kuch didn't need multiple camera angles to see Hedman get up immediately and want to get back in the play BEFORE his dickery.

Hedman got up faster than Kuch's brain could process what he saw.

So yes....he should be embarrassed.

Reactions: Laus723

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Of course Tampa doesn't like that because it could end in injury before the season even starts.

Then Tampa shouldn't play those players in the preseason if they can't handle them being on the receiving end of clean hits. Tampa's problem - not the person deliverying legal checks. The rules of the game don't change regardless of whether or not it's preseason. I don't see why anyone expects special treatment from AHL players during NHL preseason games.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
When your star/captain teammate is put down with a clean hit you respond with clean hits on your opponents best players.

Pretty simple.

If Kuch doesn’t like that and chooses to do what he did…fine.

Dirty plays like hitting from behind, elbows to the head, slew footing and running the goalie are now open.

I don’t think Hedman would like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad