Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
They didn’t have to trade Ullmark. They could have traded Swayman instead and signed Ullmark.

The Jacobs cheapathon just gets worse every year. Now it finally hits home at the most important position. Watch the B’s take a step back this season. Their goaltending is abysmal.
Yeah, it’s not like the Bruins pay to the cap every year or anything …

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
pretty shady on Boston to use the media to make Swayman look bad, I honestly would request a trade only because of that
You should revisit how this started, Swayman was the one who went to the media. Swayman is still going to the media, and unfortunately, he is losing the fan base which he pretty much had the vast majority in his corner. Sway and agent misplayed these talks so badly, I do not think they can be repaired even if there is a signing.

Reactions: FMichael

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Just thinking back, who was the last Bruins goalie to put up bad numbers in Boston and their system?

Blaine Lacher?

2007-2008 Manny Fernandez played 4 games and didn't look good. Was injured and never recovered. so 14 years ago?
Even raycroft won the Calder but the next year struggled mightily and Boston shipped him for rask.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You should revisit how this started, Swayman was the one who went to the media. Swayman is still going to the media, and unfortunately, he is losing the fan base which he pretty much had the vast majority in his corner. Sway and agent misplayed these talks so badly, I do not think they can be repaired even if there is a signing.
When the Bruins replacement level goalies start losing games will the fans hate Swayman more or less? I’m thinking the fans will direct their anger towards Neely and Sweeny for losing the club’s most important player.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
pretty shady on Boston to use the media to make Swayman look bad, I honestly would request a trade only because of that
Requesting a trade doesn’t mean much if no one wants to trade for him. Right before the season starts teams are not wanting a 9 million dollar goalie or even fit under the cap unless it’s a bottom feeder. And what bottom feeder is trading a 1st which would most likely be the ask for value when it’s gonna be a top 10 pick.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Requesting a trade doesn’t mean much if no one wants to trade for him. Right before the season starts teams are not wanting a 9 million dollar goalie or even fit under the cap unless it’s a bottom feeder. And what bottom feeder is trading a 1st which would most likely be the ask for value when it’s gonna be a top 10 pick.
Last goalie to get a top ten pick in a trade was Schneider. Bruins would get a good return for Swayman but likely it wouldn’t be a first rounder. More like a good (younger) player and an experienced goalie. Could be a later round pick added too. Someone mentioned Zegras + Gibson. Something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad