Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If Tampa beats us in the Guentzel sweepstakes it doesn't necessarily mean management dropped the ball.

Tampa is able to offer him more money (via less taxes), a tropical environment and is in the States (if Guentzel is one of those Americans that cares about that).
If they don’t sign Guentzel—I won’t consider it a ball dropped. Tampa is typically the #1 team where the average player wants to go to.

My comment is more oriented around the idea that if our management can sign Guentzel—it will reflect very well on their planning, negotiation strategy, and execution.

Reactions: kanucks25

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Duclair is not an option for the top 6, middle 6 winger at best.

Conroy would charge us an arm and a leg for Andersson but he'd be a great pickup for sure.
I agree on Duclair but I think signing a TT or Toffoli to a long term deal is a mistake. Duclair probably will come with less term and $.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I agree on Duclair but I think signing a TT or Toffoli to a long term deal is a mistake. Duclair probably will come with less term and $

I can absolutely see Duclair and possibly Mantha being options in the “two winger, no Guentzel/Reinhart” scenario.

Reactions: ameselare

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I'm f***ing irritated that Pittsburgh is dragging this shit out because Updated is probably the single most impactful player I believe we could realistically add. I say realistic as in he's relatively ancient and his team is clearly finished. But he's all romantic with that one team crap. 😭

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Will Mantha be overpaid though? His last contract was 5.7m AAV, I feel like he's gonna want at least 6.5m AAV with big term.
Are yall high, mantha was trash and won't be getting anywhere near 5M let alone 6+
Zero chance Allvin is even interested.

Duclair would be nice for speed and rush chances alone but can't see the fit here from his pov.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Well then we can all hope that him and JT are secretly best buddies who would delight at the idea of being reunited. Pick up the phone JT!
yeah that is a good point. miller could not get off the 4th line in tampa for a lot of his stay. i wonder if stamkos would recognize him.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Are yall high, mantha was trash and won't be getting anywhere near 5M let alone 6+
Zero chance Allvin is even interested.

Duclair would be nice for speed and rush chances alone but can't see the fit here from his pov.
Is the spark still there? Does Vanilla Coke still ring your bell?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i'd love to see Van offer a 6 year by $5.8M for Matt Roy
Two-way, RD in his prime. Can play with anyone and handle 20 + minutes a night. Strong underlying numbers that would indicate that when he's on the ice, your team usually isnt getting hemmed in their own zone shot puck recovery shot puck recovery etc.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If they don’t sign Guentzel—I won’t consider it a ball dropped. Tampa is typically the #1 team where the average player wants to go to.

My comment is more oriented around the idea that if our management can sign Guentzel—it will reflect very well on their planning, negotiation strategy, and execution.

They won the Kuzmenko sweepstakes if that means anything.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
If we miss on guentzal and Reinhart I'd go 3x6 for stammer. That would leave space for a matt Roy or tanev(if he doesn't sign in Toronto) and maybe a bet or two like mantha or skinner(I'd do this one on a one year show me ala Duchene) and then stammer is up when Hughes deal has to be reupped and we can reset at that point

Reactions: wetcoast

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Just got off a flight.. so Tanev is going to lose in the first round next year? That's sad to hear. Wanted him or Marino and both are off the table now (unless Tanev doesn't sign 🤣 )

Reactions: HockeyWooot

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Need a legit Top 6 winger.

No other names mentioned besides Guentzel, Reinhart and Stamkos are Top 6.

The rest are middle 6 at best. More like Bottom 6.

Yeah, and with it sounding like none of those guys are landing in Vancouver, our best option is finding someone via trade.

Can't go into next season with a top-6 full of Suters, Hoglanders, etc. Need a winger that can legitimately hang with Pettersson (assuming Petey has his head out of his ass next season).

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
i'd love to see Van offer a 6 year by $5.8M for Matt Roy
Two-way, RD in his prime. Can play with anyone and handle 20 + minutes a night. Strong underlying numbers that would indicate that when he's on the ice, your team usually isnt getting hemmed in their own zone shot puck recovery shot puck recovery etc.

I would be over the moon if we landed Roy, I just feel bearish on it as he’s a US guy who just spend his whole career living in SoCal

Reactions: MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad