GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I think you're way too down on Ham. Not particularly gunna disagree on what you rank him as but I still think he's one of the prospects we have that has upside and that is valuable on a team that's gunna be hurting for cap space soon

They've drafted a ton of guys similar, Lenni probably has the best chance to being something but I can get the logic of trading him for Colton tbh

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or throwing away picks. The Allen moves took another trade asset off the board, while also eating up another $1m in cap. No brainer to roll with Markstrom and Kahk ($1m), keep your 3rd/2nd, and have an extra $1m of cap.
Except they traded for Allen and Kahk at the same point. It’s total hindsight to say they should have only traded for Kahk AND trusted him with the starting spot last year and backup now when he was awful in San Jose and they basically got him for negative trade value

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I hope we add a couple of AHL/NHL tweener forwards on two-way deals, because our current call-up & healthy scratch / injury cover options don't seem that great. At the moment I guess it's Halonen & Foote?

I don't really want see Max Willman again, that's for sure.

Reactions: Nubmer6

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Like who? 80% of the guys are bottom 6 grinders...

Similar play style, I meant, not potential. Also not for nothing, putting one of those guys whoever it is if they're developed decently well with Jack/Bratt isn't the end of the world. Like I said, I'd keep Lenni but you have to give to get. The Avs probably want roster players or prospects for cheap ELC's, picks do nothing for where they are tbh

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Similar play style, I meant, not potential. Also not for nothing, putting one of those guys whoever it is if they're developed decently well with Jack/Bratt isn't the end of the world. Like I said, I'd keep Lenni but you have to give to get. The Avs probably want roster players or prospects for cheap ELC's, picks do nothing for where they are tbh

Meh, Idc about playstyle. Most of the guys Fitz have drafted in the later round have been terrible. Colton is not a can't miss player we need to be giving out value to help a team who is in cap hell

Reactions: Hisch13r

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Meh, Idc about playstyle. Most of the guys Fitz have drafted in the later round have been terrible. Colton is not a can't miss player we need to be giving out value to help a team who is in cap hell

who gives a shit about "helping" another team, especially a Western conference team? Colton would be a great add for our middle 6.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

You're missing the point, I'm saying Lenni's all well and good but you don't think one of the later round guys can turn into something? Fitz sucks drafting late round guys but all you need is 1-2 late round gems for it to be worth it. They've already got one in Bratt, can't see why they can't develop a power forward in hopes to play with Jack/Bratt in the top 6.

Reactions: Guadana

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Like who? 80% of the guys are bottom 6 grinders...
Gritsyuk is the best Devils forward prospect by a wide margin, and he should be in North America next season.

Right now, I would rank the Devils forward prospects as such:

1 Gritsyuk
2 Hameenaho
3 Foote
4 Filmon
5 Stillman
6 Halonen
7 Pikkarainen
8 Traff
9 Squires
10 Melovsky

It's a pretty weak group, especially in comparison to the NJ D prospects, which is close to the top of the league.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Gritsyuk is the best Devils forward prospect by a wide margin, and he should be in North America next season.

1 Gritsyuk
2 Hameenaho
3 Foote
4 Filmon
5 Stillman
6 Halonen
7 Pikkarainen
8 Traff
9 Squires
10 Melovsky

It's a pretty weak group, especially in comparison to the NJ D prospects, which is close to the top of the league.

Yeah, exactly Gritsyuk can easily be that guy for Jack in the top 6. If they can get a Swiss knife player, like Colton, I'm not holding onto Lenni for dear life.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

1 Gritsyuk
2 Hameenaho
3 Foote
4 Filmon
5 Stillman
6 Halonen
7 Pikkarainen
8 Traff
9 Squires
10 Melovsky

You forgot to put Graham in there, or is he so NHL ready you don't consider him a prospect anymore?

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Weird to call Gritsyuk a prospect.

I mean, I know he is... But he's also older than Jack. It's weird. Might never come over.

If Avs asked for him in a Colton trade, enjoy Colorado comrade.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
we have about ~$6.7 in space left. I would say that on a 2 year bridge deal, Mercer probably comes in around ~$4 million AAV.
I think you're right.

We likely have $7.5 in space, assuming DeSimone gets waived / goes to the AHL. But, we only have 10 forwards signed (includes Bastian) with Foote and Mercer RFA. Foote probably gets the same NHL salary as DeSimone, bringing us back to $6.7 million.

If Mercer makes $4, that leaves only $2.7. We probably want a 13th forward as well - that brings us under $2. Capfriendly says we have $5.1 in potential performance bonuses, so possible that the team as is ends up over the cap (with performance bonus overage being pushed to next year's cap).

At this point, it feels like any additional salary coming in requires salary going out.

People who were hoping not to see Willman, Bowers, Halonen this year probably aren't going to be thrilled.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
You're missing the point, I'm saying Lenni's all well and good but you don't think one of the later round guys can turn into something? Fitz sucks drafting late round guys but all you need is 1-2 late round gems for it to be worth it. They've already got one in Bratt, can't see why they can't develop a power forward in hopes to play with Jack/Bratt in the top 6.

I personally don't. Maybe Filmon has a chance, maybe Squires...that's about it

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I personally don't. Maybe Filmon has a chance, maybe Squires...that's about it

That's fair then, I think it's definitely getting tougher to find that power forward for Jack but the NHL is too fluid to know exactly rosters in a year or two. Maybe everyone's wet dream of Brady Tkachuk happens soon

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

1 Gritsyuk
2 Hameenaho
3 Foote
4 Filmon
5 Stillman
6 Halonen
7 Pikkarainen
8 Traff
9 Squires
10 Melovsky

I'm talking about since Fitz has drafted so I don't count Grits, and trading him at this point would be idiotic, another reason I didn't consider him

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Weird to call Gritsyuk a prospect.

I mean, I know he is... But he's also older than Jack. It's weird. Might never come over.

If Avs asked for him in a Colton trade, enjoy Colorado comrade.

I probably wouldn't this unless he specifically said he wouldn't play in NJ but even then it's not for Ross Colton

He doesn’t need some power forward to play with.

It's clearly what they're looking for him

Reactions: Hisch13r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad