Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I hope Tanev signs for cheap here, first if he signs cheap he is a servicable bottom pairing for us that can play in the top 4 as needed, second it would piss of the Leafs for giving up assets. Bring Dad back please, we need stoner face Tanev back.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Elliotte Friedman’s post-draft podcast makes it sound like Guentzel is testing free agency and not re-signing with Carolina. He lists Tampa as the favorite, and suggests that there are a couple teams “out west” that are interested in trading for his rights just to talk to him.

When he speaks about Necas at the end of the podcast, he says that Carolina may circle back to re-signing Necas “now that they’ve lost Guentzel”.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I hope Tanev signs for cheap here, first if he signs cheap he is a servicable bottom pairing for us that can play in the top 4 as needed, second it would piss of the Leafs for giving up assets. Bring Dad back please, we need stoner face Tanev back.
are you doing a bit are are you really behind on the news?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
you can’t compete with 6 years for these defenders. it’s shitty but that’s a wild offer.

genuinely mind blown tanev is getting 6 years.

i thought he’d get like 6mmx4 and we’d lose because we only offered 5x4 or something

zadorov really might walk away with 7 years.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
you can’t compete with 6 years for these defenders. it’s shitty but that’s a wild offer.

i thought he’d get like 6mmx4 and we’d lose because we only offered 5x4 or something

Wait Tanev has been signed?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Elliotte Friedman’s post-draft podcast makes it sound like Guentzel is testing free agency and not re-signing with Carolina. He lists Tampa as the favorite, and suggests that there are a couple teams “out west” that are interested in trading for his rights just to talk to him.

When he speaks about Necas at the end of the podcast, he says that Carolina may circle back to re-signing Necas “now that they’ve lost Guentzel”.

Other tidbits of note - he thinks Tanev is getting at least 6 years from Toronto and thinks it will get done.

Says Toronto will go hard after Zadorov, but so will Boston.

It’ll be gross if both Lindholm and Zadorov go to Boston. Blah.

EDIT: Also, he expects Nashville to make a big push for Stamkos.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

Where are you seeing the Tanev news?

6 years for anything beginning with a 4 would be lunacy.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
the Lightning are an intimidating bidder as far as location goes, but the hockey fit for Tampa is weird
with Guentzal. "We kicked out Stamkos for you!" is not so sexy when playing with Stamkos was one of the Lightning's main draws

Oh well, remember, everyone lies this time of year. lots of misinformation. we'll see how it plays out - Friedman was suggesting the Hurricanes could get it done as recently as Friday.

Reinhart was supposed to be a done deal too but still not settled just yet.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Boston should send us some picks to sign Zadorov and Lindholm to 8 year deals.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Straight speculation. I just can't see him getting more than 20M total or more than 5 years
Friedman saying 6+ years and Dreger saying 5+…

I’d be surprised if he’s taking 4-5 and not 6-7

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Friedman saying 6+ years and Dreger saying 5+…

I’d be surprised if he’s taking 4-5 and not 6-7
Dreger's statement was just "this could happen lol," haven't seen Friedman's yet. I tend to think that if people have real information they'll always take that clout rather than speak in the passive voice. I'll look up what Friedman said.

EDIT: didn't notice the link. Yep, looks legit

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Give Tanev the dad contract.

Heavy signing bonuses but very buyout-able.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

7 years for Zad is somewhat palatable... Tanev, not so much

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
7 years for Zad is somewhat palatable... Tanev, not so much
Not when he’s getting the same money as Tanev per year while being a significantly worse player. Also their mileage isn’t overly dissimilar, regardless of age

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Zadorov wants max term, high AAV and probably a NMC because he’s tired of moving from team to team.

As if he’s a top pairing defencemen

Reactions: Peen

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
Tanev is getting 6-7 years cause the leafs can afford it. They are probably gonna frontload his contract and Tanev can go on LTIR near the end of the contract. I see the cap hit being about 3mil.

Leafs are getting creative, i love Tanev but i would of never gone more than 3 years for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad