Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I don’t think they can justify these Toffoli rumors. Poison pill contract
I don't take those rumours very seriously. Would be surprised if he doesn't end up back with the Kings.
He doesn’t want to be there. Can’t really ignore that part of it imo
True. They could try to make him happy and satisfy some of his demands, but that's not really the Canes' style.

I know there's rumours that Buffalo is high on him, but I think that would be a silly trade for them to make. I don't think he's a good fit there.

Preds are an interesting fit.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Along with all of the guys we just drafted as well, more than likely.

Thank you, Mr. Benning.

So you're saying we are signing Guentzel AND Reinhart?

Bold predictions. Care to wager an ass tattoo?
You be careful. An unflappable, cool handed operator like Britton? You'll be the one with the ass tattoo and wondering why you're so darned happy to have gotten it.

Reactions: ziploc

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Carolina wants Hoglander, Necas would be a canuck already if we were willing to pay that price.
I definitely don't think necas to van is dead though and mgmt might change their mind the next few weeks depending on how FA unfolds.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
When we traded for Zadorov, it was reported that Tanev was hoping it was him coming here when he found out there was a trade.

Then we traded for Lindholm and it was reported that Canucks were trying to include Tanev but the price was too high. Also reports that Canucks think very highly of Tanev.

At the deadline, Canucks were aggressively after Guentzel but lacked the assets to get the deal done. Then there were media reports that Guentzel preferred Vancouver as his #1 team.

Let’s see what happens, we should be optimistic

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This week has been a roller coaster of emotions. Wednesday and Thursday were thrilling and exciting but then yesterday and today have been completely deflating. I know to trust Allvin and "the process" but it sucks hearing name after name of guys we're interesting in being linked to other teams while we're seemingly holding the bag heading into Monday.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Carolina wants Hoglander, Necas would be a canuck already if we were willing to pay that price.
I definitely don't think necas to van is dead though and mgmt might change their mind the next few weeks depending on how FA unfolds.
They want Hoglander+++. Canucks aren't willing to part with Hoglander + (for example) Lekk + other assets right now. Canes will trade Necas elsewhere in the offseason if they stick to that asking price.

I think the Canucks will try to acquire a higher-end winger during the season, using a guy like Hoglander + guys in the system - we've just added a few more high-upside overagers to our prospect pool.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
This week has been a roller coaster of emotions. Wednesday and Thursday were thrilling and exciting but then yesterday and today have been completely deflating. I know to trust Allvin and "the process" but it sucks hearing name after name of guys we're interesting in being linked to other teams while we're seemingly holding the bag heading into Monday.
patience is the keyword but how patient can allvin be when these ufa names be resigning or signing with their new/old teams and vancouver be left with scraps.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
50/50 on Allvin so far

On one hand he hasn’t made any trades, on the other hand I know we don’t have much trade capital to work with.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
There's a part of me that still thinks this is part of the negotiations between Stamkos and the Lightning and he'll still end up there. Probably unlikely though.
I would love nothing more than this debacle to blow up in Tampa’s faces. Stamkos has been a very loyal player that has taken less to stay with the team in the past and is showing that willingness to do it again.

This is the face of your franchise for 16 years, sacrificed blood, sweat and tears with. To do this to him is nothing but disrespectful.

I hope we sign Guentzel so badly, f*** Tampa.

Reactions: ameselare and Tact

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
When we traded for Zadorov, it was reported that Tanev was hoping it was him coming here when he found out there was a trade.

Then we traded for Lindholm and it was reported that Canucks were trying to include Tanev but the price was too high. Also reports that Canucks think very highly of Tanev.

At the deadline, Canucks were aggressively after Guentzel but lacked the assets to get the deal done. Then there were media reports that Guentzel preferred Vancouver as his #1 team.

Let’s see what happens, we should be optimistic
Or we could assume that the media is just making stuff up.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
In before we trade Pettersson to Ottawa for a package that includes Brady Tkchuck, then package Hoglander, Garland (remember folks he is a first liner look at his underlying stats (end sarcasm) and Silovs for Crosby, then sign Guentzel @ $9m and trade our 2025 first, raty and Pod to Calgary for Andersson. Then we plan the parade.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Take this for what its worth but my neighbours cousins son used to walk Rutherfords nephews dog, and he heard that Reinhart and Guentzel are "100%" both signing with the Canucks on discount contracts on Monday

IMG_1494.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad