Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Jeff Skinner signs with the Oilers (1 year, $3M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I am curious as to how he will handle playoffs. Could be great because he lacked it so much that he will go crazy effort wise, or could suck because he is nervous or any other many reasons possible.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
30 might be optimistic considering he won’t see PP time
Definitely optimistic.

He put up 16 even strength goals last season, I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers spike playing alongside Draisaitl & Arvidsson.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers getting Skinner and Arvidsson at the numbers they did is some shrewd work.
Both are reclamation projects of sorts, both have good potential though

Arvidsson needs to stay healthy
Skinner needs to show he’s not a head case

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
I really don't think Skinner is going to see much of a bump in his production that others are predicting. He always does his own thing out there on the ice. Probably would drive McDavid crazy if they're on the same line.

Reactions: Voight and Steddy33

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't like the fit considering what the oilers really need. It's a luxury signing on a team with other issues.

That's a good contract though.
Still lots of time for 3C and 2nd pair RD. When you can add a potential 30G+ scorer for 3mil you do it. Draisaitl finally has 2 good consistent wingers that can both score. This should be a match made in heaven for Drai.

Dont blame skinner for chasing a cup, oilers look like heavy favorites at this point. Probably help juice his numbers for one last big contract too
I said this earlier today but this is the most no brainer choice for Skinner. Chance on a cup contender and gets to juice his numbers with 2 superstar centres.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
3m is good business for Skinner. I’d take him over Foegele any day. Holloway and Broberg both showed they can move into the lineup next year at cheap.

For some reason casual fans don’t realize Edmonton actually played some of the most structured D in the league for 70% of the year including playoffs, but hey, HF will HF and stick with old narratives.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Both are reclamation projects of sorts, both have good potential though

Arvidsson needs to stay healthy
Skinner needs to show he’s not a head case

They're both good gambles. A lot of injuries just straight up come down to luck, and the underlying numbers suggest he's still good and drives play. To get him at 4 aav for only 2 years is incredible work imo.

Skinner at 3 million for 1 year is clean work as well, when you consider he's probably going to be paired with McDavid, and when he's on the ice the Oilers are usually dominating/controlling play. It's about buying in defensively for him more than anything, but most of his shifts will be spent in the offensive zone. Really good fit, think he could put up 40 goals this season if things click (Pretty good chance that they do imo)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad