Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It blows and I’ll be cheering for the Capitals to lose every game but I’m guessing we’ll see some identical replacement sites pop up before the summer is over.
I was wondering: is any part of what they do proprietary? I don't see how. The information isn't. The general way it's presented isn't. You'd think a few people could build a similar database and website fairly easily. But I don't really know anything about copyright law.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Why do you guys want to trade Hoglander? He's showing he can learn a rigid system with Tocchet and he's going to be hitting his prime. Hoglander can score goals and he hasnt even fully developed yet. Lots to untap there this is the worst possible time to give up this player. Hoglander or Lekkerimaki for Mikael Granlund? Truly awful.
I don’t want to trade him—but his counting stats mean that his next contract is probably going to be more than the Canucks can afford to pay him.

It’s also worrisome that several coaches have chosen not to play him at critical times during the season. I suspect that Vancouver management would rather trade him than sign a player that they perceive as an awkward fit.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Rutgers would look extremely nice on EPs wing, and with Ehlers wanting out too, I could see a signed fast pker in mik being atleast somewhat attractive to the jets specifically.

Hard to see what we could add to make it worthwhile for wpg though, maybe Podkolzin, but not enough and we just signed him so seems less likely.

They may like garland too for similar contract reasons, but that's ~10M combined, also seems less likely and we'd have to take Ehlers.
(Rather keep Garland [+Joshua+Teddy])

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I was wondering how the Senators are going to get out of their Korpisalo problem and didn't even think about a buyout. Surprisingly buyout friendly with the big drawback being it would be dead money for 8 years.

24-25: 0.33m
25-26: 0.83m
26-27: 1.83m
27-28: 2.33m
28-32: 1.33m (4 seasons worth)

Very curious if they end up going this route.

Reactions: Nick Lang

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I don’t want to trade him—but his counting stats mean that his next contract is probably going to be more than the Canucks can afford to pay him.

It’s also worrisome that several coaches have chosen not to play him at critical times during the season. I suspect that Vancouver management would rather trade him than sign a player that they perceive as an awkward fit.

You are getting ahead of yourself.

Right now he's 1.1M and will be pushing for 20 goals. He's young and will probably keep improving and rounding out his game.

He's an RFA and if his contract demands get too pricey we can find a trade down the road. At the moment it makes no sense to offload a cheap contract that is producing.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
The rumour about wanting to rebrand to black and yellow because they feel green and blue isnt inspiring to the players is interesting. I definitely love the skate jerseys, but I actually find that black jerseys are uninspiring and they all end up looking the same in general. And there is a lean towards more black jerseys in the NHL right now.

The blue and green are actually colours that represent the region and if they feel the current is uninspiring, there's a lot to work with to do something strong that is also representative of Vancouver and BC.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The rumour about wanting to rebrand to black and yellow because they feel green and blue isnt inspiring to the players is interesting. I definitely love the skate jerseys, but I actually find that black jerseys are uninspiring and they all end up looking the same in general. And there is a lean towards more black jerseys in the NHL right now.

The blue and green are actually colours that represent the region and if they feel the current is uninspiring, there's a lot to work with to do something strong that is also representative of Vancouver and BC.

I always thought the classic green blue white jersey with totem orca logo looks quite wicked.

A sentiment apparently not shared by many. Puzzling.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Which rumor is this? First I’ve heard it.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I always thought the classic green blue white jersey with totem orca logo looks quite wicked.

A sentiment apparently not shared by many. Puzzling.

No way the mat black skate is my favorite. Once they eliminated the white in the skate it just looks so much better. Orange, black and yellow Canuck jerseys have always been labeled as the loser years, but 94 was by far my favorite Canuck year as a fan, and to bring these iconic jerseys back makes me pumped.

I like the blue and green stick in rink aswell, but not like the black, orange and yellow. Those just look mean.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Which rumor is this? First I’ve heard it.
It was a joke "rumor" from this about recreating the Penguins, including the colors:

Boring rumors this week.

Seawateronice's rumor mill:
-Guentzel could be coming here. Dubas has recieved countless calls from JR and Allvin on Crosby, Malkin and Letang.
-JR and Allvin have shown strong interest in Zucker and Sprong
-Allvin may try and trade for Dumoulin
-Strong efforts are being made for a yellow and black rebrand. Allvin seems to think the blue/green scheme doesn't inspire confidence.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i want Toffoli and P.Kane, they should be relatively cheap and they have stanley cup final experience which would calm the team down during the playoffs. Who cares if Kane is a jerk?

1719116901163.jpeg

rea

Feb 8, 2011
All jokes aside about jerseys, I do believe there is a psychology to wearing black jerseys as colors in perception. I believe I saw this in a 30 in 30 about the raiders and their black colors. Could be wrong though

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
All jokes aside about jerseys, I do believe there is a psychology to wearing black jerseys as colors in perception. I believe I saw this in a 30 in 30 about the raiders and their black colors. Could be wrong though

Hasn’t resulted in any actual success, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad