Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
There’s something to that. So much of working in business is people skills - to say nothing of marketing, publicity, presenting, etc. I actually think my film studies / theater background benefits me hugely in terms of public speaking and memorizing important information.
This is now how I picture you making an important business deal:

1719086186190.png

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
What I’ve come to realize with Friedman is that he has very specific ways of structuring his rumours. Think/wonder means he heard it from one person and hasn’t or can’t corroborate with another. When it’s purely his opinion he clearly states that. When he “hears” or has been “told”‘it’s either an extremely trusted source or multiple.

In this case, he was told something from someone but isn’t willing to fully run with it so he “wonders”.

this is completely false. he'll always clarifies an original thought vs, what he hears. what purpose would framing a heard rumour (media gold), as "he wonders". does not check out

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
There is jerk, there is prick, and then there is a whole new level of awful that encompasses Kane and the entire Chicago Coverups organization. This goes way beyond hockey.

I want nothing to do with that poisonous bastard piece of shit of a human being.
hopefully i dont sound like a troll because that is not my intent, but if a POS human being can produce while not costing a whole lot of cap space. Why do we care?

1719087915041.png

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Morals, integrity, that kind of thing.
Winning the cup is also very important too. Plus nothing come out of it through investigation, so we have to assume he is innocent, unless new evidence comes out.

To mod, if this is seen as trolling, which i aint, please delete this. I have been a canucks fan since 1999, i am desperate to see this team win.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
You have to pay Hoglander in a year. Lekk is years away from needing a payday, especially if they bridge

That’s an underrated big thing

Almost to the point where if they don’t think tocchet will trust him come playoff time next year, they might be best getting out in front of it now depending on the return
You also need Lek to become an NHL player. I would bet on Hoglander.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I don’t see mgmt trading away Lekk for another prospect.

From Rutherford, sounds like they believe he can contribute shortly and if he does, that ELC is huge.

If he is to be traded, it would need to be for an established Top 6 F in their early-mid 20’s.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Winning the cup is also very important too. Plus nothing come out of it through investigation, so we have to assume he is innocent, unless new evidence comes out.

To mod, if this is seen as trolling, which i aint, please delete this. I have been a canucks fan since 1999, i am desperate to see this team win.
I guess to me, the things I named are more important then winning.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
hopefully i dont sound like a troll because that is not my intent, but if a POS human being can produce while not costing a whole lot of cap space. Why do we care?

View attachment 885771
I hope you don’t apply those same principles to your real life. You could make that same argument to a wide gamut of insidious things.

Man is nothing but a sum of our morals and character.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

View attachment 885771

No you don't sound like a troll, you're voicing your opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Normally I'd be 100% on board, as I try my best to approach every situation as pragmatically as possible. But for Kane, I'll make an exception.

We have differing opinion on the matter, and I'm totally OK with it.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
I think I would rather give up Lekk than Hogs at this point, call me crazy. We know what Hoglander is bringing to the table, and he comes pretty cheap. I'm not convinced Lekk makes an NHL impact yet.

I presume if Granlund were to come in then Blueger is not resigned?

Suter Miller Boeser
Hogs EP Guentzel
Podz Granlund Garland
PDG Aman Karlsson

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Zad/Dillon Juulsen
Friedman

I think that lineup would leave some cap space for improvement. Juulsen should not be in a playoff top 6; the bottom 6 is still weak; and Suter ideally should not be on the top line.
If you get Granlund at 50% it leaves money for Joshua if he'd be willing to take 3x5. Also I'd go all in and see if you could get buchnevich out of STL 50% retained for our 1st and either lekk or hoglander, and whatever else we'd need to throw in

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I’m partially joking but I wonder if a Mikheyev + draft for Joseph swap with the Senators is something they’d entertain. Major stumbling block is Ottawa seems to be trying to clear space not add.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
If you get Granlund at 50% it leaves money for Joshua if he'd be willing to take 3x5. Also I'd go all in and see if you could get buchnevich out of STL 50% retained for our 1st and either lekk or hoglander, and whatever else we'd need to throw in

san jose don't have any retention slots, so you'd need to give additional assets to a third team to retain

Reactions: Vector

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I was playing around with the roster builder on cap friendly and I can kind of see where theyre coming from with the roster if the intention is to add Guentzel at 9.5M

If we can't move Mikheyev then both Zadorov and Joshua are casualties. Even if we can pull it off, then Zadorov at 5-5.5 means that Joshua is likely a casualty still to disperse amongst sub 1.5M players to round out the roster and maybe retain Blueger.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Why do you guys want to trade Hoglander? He's showing he can learn a rigid system with Tocchet and he's going to be hitting his prime. Hoglander can score goals and he hasnt even fully developed yet. Lots to untap there this is the worst possible time to give up this player. Hoglander or Lekkerimaki for Mikael Granlund? Truly awful.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Off-topic but still pissed at CapFriendly getting shut down. It's a great tool to use to keep tabs on the team during the off-season. Helps being able to see everything laid out neatly like that where you can see how much we've got to spend, what we can and can't afford. Ted Leonsis can go to hell.

It blows and I’ll be cheering for the Capitals to lose every game but I’m guessing we’ll see some identical replacement sites pop up before the summer is over.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Off-topic but still pissed at CapFriendly getting shut down. It's a great tool to use to keep tabs on the team during the off-season. Helps being able to see everything laid out neatly like that where you can see how much we've got to spend, what we can and can't afford. Ted Leonsis can go to hell.

clearly they bought it for themselves to use, which is quite hilarious.

back up plan is https://puckpedia.com/team/vancouver-canucks

or HockeyBuzz.com - NHL Rumors

Reactions: Jovofan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad