Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
A player like Guentzel becoming available on UFA is extremely rare. If we have the chance to sign him you do it.
Sign a 37 yr old who has never had close to 100 points and played with two of the best ever NHL players his whole career to a what? 9 million dollar contract. 37 yrs old because that is one year of his possible contract. Would you do it for 9 million?

Eriksson. Schmidt. Two players whose numbers were more to do with the team and players they played with but bombed when they left those teams and came here.

Big chance that could happen here, again.

If Guentzel is rare what about Stamkos? Rienhart, Duchene, Marchessault I am pretty sure all those would sign a 9 million dollar check.

Seeing that Ottawa’s really trying the full court press to get Tanev, would you guys have interest in Brandon if we lost Joshua?
Hearing Ottawa is going for both, they have the assets and cap space.

Last edited:

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I want Guentzel signed, have always been a fan.

However... Im also weary of the idea that he is somehow going to mesh with EP. He doesn't really fit the mold at all of the very few players that EP has excelled with.

Jake-JT-BROCK BOESER is what I predict happening no later than the 1/4 mark of the season.

Never really know until you try tho.

Reactions: theguardianII

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not at his current cap hit.
My underlying expectation with that would be Chris signing at a pretty steep discount and all the money working.

So whatever we estimated Tanev and Joshua at - that all that essentially evens out.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Sign a 37 yr old who has never had close to 100 points and played with two of the best ever NHL players his whole career to a what? 9 million dollar contract. 37 yrs old because that is one year of his possible contract. Would you do it for 9 million?

Eriksson. Schmidt. Two players whose numbers were more to do with the team and players they played with but bombed when they left those teams and came here.

If Guentzel is rare what about Stamkos? Rienhart, Duchene, Marchessault I am pretty sure all those would sign a 9 million dollar check.

He's 29...

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

Guentzel is the best player out of them all. And 7 years from now who cares. We are contending now. Our window is now. Let's hunt the big fish.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Fixed it for you...

Lindholm's last 5 seasons:

0.77 PPG
0.84 PPG
1.00 PPG
0.80 PPG
0.59 PPG

One obvious outlier (centering one of the most productive lines in the league in 2021/2022) in a general downward trend. He is turning 30 this upcoming season.

The Canuck's also have two Centers obviously ahead on the depth chart in Miller and Pettersson.

Say what you want about the original trade, but extending Lindholm at $8.0-8.5M for 7-8 years would be a massive mistake.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Me trying to project a competitive roster again after the Hronek extension. The RSD looks scary in that one injury to Tanev means Juulsen in a top 4 role and Friedman playing regularly. But up front, especially top 6, looks fairly solid. No idea if Perron will come in at $3.75m but he is one option.

Over $1m in cap space left for big game hunting at the deadline, but I'm afraid that both Dillon and Tanev's contract would be slightly higher and thus eliminating all the cap space. Also Mikheyev full contract is dumped in this scenario with no cap coming back and no retention.

1718997779821.png

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Lindholm's last 5 seasons:

0.77 PPG
0.84 PPG
1.00 PPG
0.80 PPG
0.59 PPG

One obvious outlier (centering one of the most productive lines in the league in 2021/2022) in a general downward trend. He is turning 30 this upcoming season.

The Canuck's also have two Centers obviously ahead on the depth chart in Miller and Pettersson.

Say what you want about the original trade, but extending Lindholm at $8.0-8.5M for 7-8 years would be a massive mistake.
Disagree: 8 years at 7M should about do it and who cares about the last 3 years and why.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
The cost of living argument is so stupid. Especially pertaining to buying a home. You buy a house in Vancouver you'll make a bunch of money on that investment anyways. This only works when you have money, which NHL players do.

No idea what lucrative real estate is like in Raleigh, but in Vancouver we have multi cajillionaires from Hong Kong making large investments.
Guentzel would buy a house without a mortgage and live like a f***ing king in Vancouver. Or anywhere for that matter. He’d be making like $400k USD every other week lol, it’s a stupid amount of money.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
He's 29...
Now, but if the term is 7/8 years you are signing a player at 37 yrs old, only now.
Guentzel is the best player out of them all. And 7 years from now who cares. We are contending now. Our window is now. Let's hunt the big fish.
Well, if you have a terminal illness 7 years could be many lifetimes. You should go down to Canuck house and say that.
Contending now? How do you know?

But then they said that about the first 50 years at one time or another.

They backed into the playoffs then set records for winning with the lowest shot totals of all time, that's more than 7 years btw.
They started the season shot out of a cannon, at one time they were 40 points ahead of Edmonton but finished just 4 points ahead.
Last season was like a reverse of the previous two seasons where chasing was too hard but hanging on is easier.

And now fans want the team to make the same mistakes again.

What got them into the playoffs and won them most of those games was the defence. As mentioned by just about every hockey expert "the Vancouver defence is huge and very hard to play against"

Now dismantle that defence? If July 1 hits Myers could get a 4-5 mil offer from Seattle, Zadorov maybe more from Utah, LA or Anaheim. Maybe even Edmonton a team he dominated. Cole was slow and showed his age in the playoffs, Hronek and Hughes were shadows of themselves. Soucy got damaged again.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Guentzel would buy a house without a mortgage and live like a f***ing king in Vancouver. Or anywhere for that matter. He’d be making like $400k USD every other week lol, it’s a stupid amount of money.
How is that court case with Rev Can going? The Batista one? The one where players might be hit with additional taxes?

There is a little unnecessary considerations not required in no tax states or any of the south of the 49th states.

How about that Bally bankruptcy that might cause the cap to roll back?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
All of these projected lineups tell me Guentzel at 9.5 is a bad idea. There's just not enough depth.

It's kind of silly how everyone is penciling him in the lineup.

Hunting the big UFA has really never worked out for most teams. Including the Canucks. I don't mind adding depth players but I would never add the big name.

No one took my Lafreniere offer sheet proposal last year...now who's laughing.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
All of these projected lineups tell me Guentzel at 9.5 is a bad idea. There's just not enough depth.
If there’s an alternate solution who makes 6 instead of 9.5, I’m sure they’d do it. Can’t imagine Marchessault is signing for that little tho

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Seravalli fairly sure the Canucks near-term plan is "sign Hronek, trade Mikheyev, sign Zadorov, go after Guentzel". Nothing Earth-shattering, this is in my opinion pretty obviously what they're trying to do. Everything else is subsequent. Also said believes Carolina's current Guentzel offer is somewhere around 8 years at just under $8M. Sekeres and Price.

Believes they will swallow the bullet and add something to move Mikheyev out eventually.

Reactions: Vector

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
When you have a chance to sign a Hossa or Panarin caliber player (or even a Tavares) in UFA, you do it. Free asset with a skill level that may not get drafted by our team this decade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad