Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Been reading Ottawa is looking to get rid of Mathieu Joseph. I think he can be acquired for a pick. Would make a good addition to the bottom 6.
Agree with this, pretty sure you're the first one to suggest him and I think he'd be great fit here.
Also duclair if he comes cheap enough.

Tanev is coming home. Been saying it for months, and it's not going to be anywhere near 5M as some ppl are speculating.
(Dillon too)

Sign me up for mik for Reilly Smith (or almost anyone cheaper/better contract)

Reactions: Bubbles

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I wonder if the Utah Entities would take Mikheyev and 3 2nd round picks from 2027 onward in exchange for one of their high 2nds this year or next. I could see a lot of value in flattening out the bulge of 2nd-3rd round picks they have so they can evaluate and sign prospects without having to be as selective with contract slots.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Tanev:
-had a chuckle with Tanev's agent
-Hughes and others in the dressing room went to management and asked them to acquire Tanev
-Stars trying to re-sign him
-has a very soft spot for Vancouver
-when he was being traded, he really wanted to be traded to the Canucks
-could command 4y/5m
-willing to spend around what Chatfield got on a RD, which is 3m
-Senators are trying to acquire Brandon Tanev
-going to be really tough for the Canucks to get Tanev

Zadorov & Joshua:
-good news is that Joshua and Zadorov are willing to wait
-both players want to return
-hasn't been any talks with Zadorov for a long time; same as Joshua
-wouldn't be surprised if Red Wings make a pitch for Joshua

Canucks July 1st Plans:
-Canucks have plan Bs ready to go
-retaining size will be important
-expect them to target Brenden Dillon, Joel Edmundson, and Jordan Martinook

Mikheyev:
-were trying to move him at the trade deadline
-Canucks need to retain money or throw in a sweetener
-doesn't think the Canucks want to retain

Boeser:
-doesn't sound like they are committed or sold on Boeser

Guentzel:
-knows a lot of people are confident he'll end up in Vancouver
-was told to "park the brakes" on him
-Hurricanes still trying to re-sign him
-state tax in North Carolina is only 5% and cost of living is very low
-if Chatfield singed in Vancouver, is told it would have cost 3.5m
-has been told it's a good hockey fit for him in Vancouver

Misc:
-Mark Friedman is a really good teammate
-Chase Wouters signed a 2 year AHL deal because if he signed an ELC, his QO would be very low
-has been told that agents think 4-5 guys from Abbotsford can push for regular NHL jobs
-prospect pool is not known as a deep one around the NHL

Last edited:

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

Guentzel:
-state tax in North Carolina is only 5% and cost of living is very low

Does cost of living really affect a guy making $9.5M? Buying a house becomes an investment, and the difference b/n $1.99 and $2.99 for a bag of chips is meaningless to them.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Nah, all the rosters posted here work. There's something that you are consistently doing that is incorrect.

Also, the Canucks roster will be right at $0 cap space at the start of the season, or very close to it. That's how LTIR works. Castonguay will guarantee of it.

View attachment 885176
Easy to fix;
Myers instead of Tanev, Tanev's going to TO/Ottawa.

Go with 6 dmen since Abbotsford is an hour away.

And they aren't getting Guentzel, that is a smoke screen for something else.

See how the sponsored sports shows have the masses accepting paying a mythical player up to 9.5 million now.

Same with Zadorov, who is more important Joshua who plays maybe 15 minutes a game and gets 3 shots or Zadorov who can play up to the top pairing, play 20 minutes a game and help prevent or stop 15+ shots per game?

Sign Dillion for 2.2 mil or so.

Really folks can you see them letting Zadorov and Lindholm walk for nothing? What bad asset management that would be, Benning level.

Especially how the coach really likes Zadorov and Zadorov handcuffed his agent by stating he and his family want to make this their city, country and home.

There is a difference between pursuing a player as a rental at the TDL and one to age 38. That's the basis of this rumour and it gets clicks and likes. This rumour has been mostly promoted by Dhali

Necas then signed for 7 X 7 and all the pieces fit, t's crossed i's dotted and cap space left. Minimum disruption to the room and chemistry built up.

Or some other combination of players, Chinakov, just signed for 2.3, maybe a couple of BJ's :eek3::help:
Then Mikheyev and Garland deals.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Really folks can you see them letting Zadorov and Lindholm walk for nothing? What bad asset management that would be, Benning level.
Sunk cost fallacy.

Also, how can anybody take your posts seriously after the Benning 2.0 post?

I know he meant "pump the breaks" but for a guy who's been on the radio the majority of his life you'd think he'd be better at talking.
"Brakes" you mean?

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Well, if Tanev can get 20M I don't think he's coming here.
Does cost of living really affect a guy making $9.5M? Buying a house becomes an investment, and the difference b/n $1.99 and $2.99 for a bag of chips is meaningless to them.
It affects everyone.

Also, when you have 50 or 60 million, or 100 or 200, you start to be able to see over the horizon of normalcy to true, actual wealth, the kind where you control more than the appearance of and level of luxury in you and your family's immediate surroundings, and most people who get there want more, and at every level you are introduced to more experiences you can't have. Even though it's mostly just finer and finer levels of artificial exclusivity. Guys in the NBA making 50M a year are even closer to that threshold and are even more apt to think they can drag themselves over the line. There are pretty concrete psychological reasons why people generally don't give up any money even when on paper it won't make them any happier.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
View attachment 885059

Works fine, even with no real UFA discounts. About 750k in cap space. There would have to be some discounts to afford Blueger.

Whether it’s a well functioning team, that’s another matter. But that’s a really strong defense corp. Moving Poolman would also help the team accrue cap to go shopping later in the season.
The defense is very good, but there are a lot of issues in the forward corps in that lineup. Lekkermaki is seriously unproven, that third line is worse than last year by a good margin, and the 4th is pretty meh as well.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is one of two words I consistently spell wrong.

giphy.gif

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Canucks July 1st Plans:
-Canucks have plan Bs ready to go
-retaining size will be important
-expect them to target Brenden Dillon, Joel Edmundson, and Jordan Martinook
🤨 Martinook is neither big or physical

Reactions: MS

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not paying Dakota Joshua $3 million so you can trade assets for Mathieu Joseph at $3 million to be a lateral move (at best) minus the physical element and Garland chemistry would be ... strange.

To me it only works if Joshua’s number is being underreported and you’re getting Joseph for basically free.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I with me go into camp with a Juuslen, McWard, Friedman rotation/combo for third pair RHD. They will go for Tanev imo. They will try and find an in year deal to add a third pair dman later if needed, those you can get. You have to pay a lot for dman like Tanev however and I think that is the strategy.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Dhaliwal’s insight on UFAs is useless because he just repeats whatever the agents want him to. Talks always seem to be on hold for a long time and then suddenly the player signs.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I think Tanev is going to give the Canucks a bit of a discount if he comes here. Heck he wanted to be involved in the Lindholm trade when it was made. It's apparent he wants to come home and I think he will give the team a bit of a break doing so.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Rutherford going through the media to insist the Canucks have given Zadorov and Joshua their best offer and its take it or leave it time.
Leverage disappears when the other party is clearly willing to walk away.

I know he meant "pump the breaks" but for a guy who's been on the radio the majority of his life you'd think he'd be better at talking.

Malapropisms are a big part of Dhaliwal’s “desi-hoser” persona. Some find it amusing.

This is one of two words I consistently spell wrong.
Them’s the brakes.

Reactions: Vector

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I with me go into camp with a Juuslen, McWard, Friedman rotation/combo for third pair RHD. They will go for Tanev imo. They will try and find an in year deal to add a third pair dman later if needed, those you can get. You have to pay a lot for dman like Tanev however and I think that is the strategy.
If the reporting is correct and Tanev wants anything close the to term and value he can get on the market, bringing him here will require the team to drop/change a lot of other plans. If he'll take less than 3M it should be an easy decision and a fairly easy process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad