Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | League Wide Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
If they do re-sign Zadorov—keeping Myers and his size becomes less of a priority.

Frankly, I'd rather see them invest in a Tanev or Carrier with that extra $1.5m than simply insert Myers back into the fold.
They have the money and cap space for all. This Guentzel for 9 million stuff is ridiculous. It has to be Dhali just trying to get an audience, he hardly is even quoted by other media insiders/people anymore.

They have about 4.5 million more cap space in reality. 4 AHL players are included and the 2.5 mil LTIR of Poolmans add to the 16 mil listed. So IF they did sign a mythical player to 9 mil a season they still have 5+ for Zadorov, Myers at 2.5 - 3, Dillion at 2.5, Joshua at 2.5 - 3, Silovs at 1.5 with some left over.

I don't see this at all. That said, it kinda means, we are not bringing back Zadrov, Bleuger, and Josha.
Tanev won't sign here now. TO won't miss on him this time.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If they do re-sign Zadorov—keeping Myers and his size becomes less of a priority.

Frankly, I'd rather see them invest in a Tanev or Carrier with that extra $1.5m than simply insert Myers back into the fold.

If they bring back Zadorov and sign Guentzel at $9M+ AAV they likely won't have the space to add a defenseman at anything over $3M AAV, even if they move Mikheyev.

Reactions: Hodgy

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
They have the money and cap space for all. This Guentzel for 9 million stuff is ridiculous. It has to be Dhali just trying to get an audience, he hardly is even quoted by other media insiders/people anymore.

They have about 4.5 million more cap space in reality. 4 AHL players are included and the 2.5 mil LTIR of Poolmans add to the 16 mil listed. So IF they did sign a mythical player to 9 mil a season they still have 5+ for Zadorov, Myers at 2.5 - 3, Dillion at 2.5, Joshua at 2.5 - 3, Silovs at 1.5 with some left over.

Tanev won't sign here now. TO won't miss on him this time.
The Canucks need to add 6 players to make the 23 man roster. 9 for Guentzal and 5 for Zad leaves 4.5M and they would still need to add 4 players with the 4 AHLers already there. They still need to add 4 more players that make 1M. Adding 9 million more is just not possible.

Getting rid of Mikky you can have 9.2 for 5 players. Or 4 because you can have a 22 man roster. Or 21 but that's not smart.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
View attachment 885059

Works fine, even with no real UFA discounts. About 750k in cap space. There would have to be some discounts to afford Blueger.

Whether it’s a well functioning team, that’s another matter. But that’s a really strong defense corp. Moving Poolman would also help the team accrue cap to go shopping later in the season.

When I run this roster in Cap Friendly it is nearly $3M over the cap limit.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If they bring back Zadorov and sign Guentzel at $9M+ AAV they likely won't have the space to add a defenseman at anything over $3M AAV, even if they move Mikheyev.
Not saying they ought to do it—but just giving an idea of what it could look like:

1718980967509.png

You are pretty much banking on Lekkerimaki (or a budget UFA) making your team—and—playing Juulsen and Friedman regularly in your defense.

Personally, in that scenario. I am trading Garland to either upgrade RD3 and/or add more size to my wings.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Not saying they ought to do it—but just giving an idea of what it could look like:

View attachment 885130

You are pretty much banking on Lekkerimaki (or a budget UFA) making your team—and—playing Juulsen and Friedman regularly in your defense.

Personally, in that scenario. I am trading Garland to either upgrade RD3 and/or add more size to my wings.
That team is tiny/painfully soft and would get abused like a newbie in gen pop.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

View attachment 885130

Not sure if that's accurate, I plug it in and you are almost $4M over the cap, my read has been if you sign Guentzel, Zadorov and Myers at projected cap hits, you can't even afford Blueger:

1718983301755.png

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure if that's accurate, I plug it in and you are almost $4M over the cap:

View attachment 885157
My equation for this is to just not re-sign Zadorov and use that portion for a different physical D (e.g. Dillon). That saves around 2.5 million. Then you try and get Blueger around 2.2 and trade for Guentzel’s rights to go to 8.3x8 instead of 9.5x7. Sameish total money

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not sure if that's accurate, I plug it in and you are almost $4M over the cap, my read has been if you sign Guentzel, Zadorov and Myers at projected cap hits, you can't even afford Blueger:

View attachment 885157

The difference is in the Silovs contract. @StickShift has him at 0.8m and you have him at 1.0m. I get the same results as him with him line-up. Do you have anyone on IR or under scratches?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The difference is in the Silovs contract. @StickShift has him at 0.8m and you have him at 1.0m. I get the same results as him with him line-up. Do you have anyone on IR or under scratches?

Ah no, I see what it did. Yeah I can get there now, but it puts you effectively right at the cap assuming Silovs signs at $800,000, and I think he'll be at $1M AAV short-term.

Reactions: Hodgy

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Rutherford going through the media to insist the Canucks have given Zadorov and Joshua their best offer and its take it or leave it time.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Ah no, I see what it did. Yeah I can get there now, but it puts you effectively right at the cap assuming Silovs signs at $800,000, and I think he'll be at $1M AAV short-term.
He has no arbitration rights and no leverage to ask for that much. He’ll likely take whatever the Canucks can offer on a 1Y or 2Y deal. Remember that his NHL salary is still a big raise over his AHL salary.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Nah, all the rosters posted here work. There's something that you are consistently doing that is incorrect.

Also, the Canucks roster will be right at $0 cap space at the start of the season, or very close to it. That's how LTIR works. Castonguay will guarantee of it.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 094942.png

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I feel comfortable with Juulsen as 6th D as long as the 5 ahead of him are Hughes, Hronek, Zadorov, Tanev and Soucy.
You can easily pick up bottom pairing guys during the year. We should target higher end guys like Tanev and Zadorov, assuming it works from a cap perspective, now, and upgrade Juulsen later. Juulsen is OK as sixth defenseman with a strong top four to start the year, but that would be a disaster going into the playoffs.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Nah, all the rosters posted here work. There's something that you are consistently doing that is incorrect.

Also, the Canucks roster will be right at $0 cap space at the start of the season, or very close to it. That's how LTIR works. Castonguay will guarantee of it.

View attachment 885176

Yeah I figured it out, was something to do with Poolman LTIR.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I feel comfortable with Juulsen as 6th D as long as the 5 ahead of him are Hughes, Hronek, Zadorov, Tanev and Soucy.

Management really really likes Cole Mcward. I wouldnt be surprised if Mcward over-takes Juulsen for the 6th spot.

I also wouldnt be surprised if the Canucks go after a cheap veteran for the 6th spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad