Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Listening to tonight’s pre-draft 32 Thoughts and Friedman believe the Reinhart extension is done. He thinks it’s 9-9.5m. That’s why he hasn’t been linked anywhere else.

Also thinks they’ve extended Verhaeghe.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Listening to tonight’s pre-draft 32 Thoughts and Friedman believe the Reinhart extension is done. He thinks it’s 9-9.5m. That’s why he hasn’t been linked anywhere else.

Also thinks they’ve extended Verhaeghe.

That's hefty.

I'm cautiously optimistic about getting a deal done with Guentzel, if we can get a little discount it'll be even better.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Friedman also says that the Hurricanes want Guentzel signed before the draft. Several teams believe he’s going to re-sign. Thinks the Canucks moves over the last few days may have been because they have a bit of intel and think he will re-sign. He heavily cautions that at this time of year, everyone lies.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Is it his contract value is the part that's a little sus? I think he provided us great value in the playoffs.
I think our memories are getting distorted by the timing of that goal against the Oilers. 5pts in 13 isn’t anything to write home about.

I don’t think there’s an equivalent out there for 3M in FA, so I think we keep him, but if Brock is to stay, that 5M for a 3rd liner will need to be better allocated.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
According to Friedman, when Soucy got suspended Tocchet defended him and really challenged DPOS. It got back to the players and hey love him even more.
Everyone loves a coach that goes to bat for them, though they're usually the ones that coach players the hardest, which leads to them finding the mentally weak ones on the team who hate them lol. Like torts 😂

Luckily I feel this team has quite a bit of mental fortitude in them.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Marek says it feels like Tanev’s services are between Dallas and Toronto. Friedman stops him and says that he’s had people tell him on Thursday night that Vancouver isn’t out of it yet.

If Guentzel and Reinhart aren't available, I could absolutely see them trying to bring back Tanev and Toffoli. You could also do Zadorov, or pivot to Dillon and add probably one more forward.

Reactions: rea

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Marek says it feels like Tanev’s services are between Dallas and Toronto. Friedman stops him and says that he’s had people tell him on Thursday night that Vancouver isn’t out of it yet.
Friedman knows not to piss off his west coast listeners 😂

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

I'm starting to think that the Dhaliwal priority tweet about having Guentzel 1 and Tanev 2 was an either/or intent, not about having the cap to do get both done.

That may be why VAN isn't completely out, yet.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
damn sam and jake are re signing lmao
It's for the best lol. Think of the better depth they could build now without having to shell out the majority of what's left on 1 player. Extra bonus they won't be tied in to any 7 yr contracts

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'm starting to think that the Dhaliwal priority tweet about having Guentzel 1 and Tanev 2 was an either/or intent, not about having the cap to do get both done.

That may be why VAN isn't completely out, yet.

It’s fully possible and definitely reads as a message from management.

I do like Friedman’s caution that everyone lies.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm honestly not going to be heartbroken if Guentzel and Reinhart are off the market. Those contracts could be potential landmines and I don't think we're just one top six forward away. Ideally we'd need two, possibly even three so you can bump Suter and Hoglander down the lineup, and you're simply not getting that in Free Agency and still be able to round out your defence corps.

Bring in somebody on a more reasonable AAV and then lockup Zadorov or Tanev to solidify your defence and then go into the season with some cap room that you can sit on and let accrue until midseason when you can then target a rental or two to make your push.

We don't need to complete our final form by Monday.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
Ya I'm ok with signing Zadorov and Tanev. Maybe move Poolman. Sign a half decent winger for Pete. Acquire the top 6 forward at the deadline.
I thought the samething with moving Poolman but someone pointed out not many clubs will be in LTIR to start the season. But yeah that would be the dream to dump the last year of that deal

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Ya I'm ok with signing Zadorov and Tanev. Maybe move Poolman. Sign a half decent winger for Pete. Acquire the top 6 forward at the deadline.
Stamkos on a three year deal for $7m Tanev at $5 x3 and Zads 4.675x6 is $16.675 which is too much. I think they stack the defense and get some scoring. With Demko in net, and a solid D core, if this team had balance and consistency in two lines and good defensive forward to fill up the line up. That’s a tough team to beat and in an extended series, a team is gonna take some damage.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
Stamkos on a three year deal for $7m Tanev at $5 x3 and Zads 4.675x6 is $16.675 which is too much. I think they stack the defense and get some scoring. With Demko in net, and a solid D core, if this team had balance and consistency in two lines and good defensive forward to fill up the line up. That’s a tough team to beat and in an extended series, a team is gonna take some damage.
Was Stamkos around when Tocc coached the Lightning briefly? Might have been before Stamkos played.

I dont watch a ton of Tampa games but is Stammer fast?

Its not a bad shout but I think he stays in the east or goes somewhere & gets a big overpayment

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Was Stamkos around when Tocc coached the Lightning briefly? Might have been before Stamkos played.

I dont watch a ton of Tampa games but is Stammer fast?

Its not a bad shout but I think he stays in the east or goes somewhere & gets a big overpayment
Stamkos rookie season was under toc

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
None of these wingers being mentioned seem likely to work on the EP line. Same story for all of them, decent to good scorers, but aren't driving possession or play, and aren't taking charge on the PP.

There's one guy realistically available, possibly very cheap, who brings everything needed. The downside, is he loves him some hookers n blow a bit too much, and won't be available to play for a while.

Do it Alvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad