BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Someone is going to give Lindholm an awful deal. Hope it's not us.
Under the "Worst Value" header:

"The biggest name here is Elias Lindholm. Ever since his ’21-22 campaign, with a nice duo of linemates for the Flames, Lindholm hasn’t been the same. He’s still contributing to the box score to an extent (although that’s even questionable now), but virtually every other metric we account for has shown a concerning decline. Given the narrative out of Vancouver and his fairly obvious slump, it wouldn’t surprise me if our contract model ends up being a bit high on him when everything is said and done. That said, it’s completely possible that the right fit exists on a team looking for a player with the obvious ceiling Lindholm has shown."

They're projecting a 7yr $7.96M contract for Lindholm.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Hmmm

Attachments

• IMG_9811.png
    IMG_9811.png
    636.7 KB · Views: 2

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The bottom hasn’t fallen out yet.

I’ve been expecting it to happen and calling for it long enough now, so now I’ll go the opposite and say they’ll do enough in free agency to push doomsday off for another season.

Whether they build a true contender or not? I dunno.

I don’t think the parity has ever been stronger in this league. The B’s have enough blocks to build around if they are smart in free agency.

As always, target the biggest fish and the bargain bin. Stay away from the middle tier guys who almost always get overpaid and for too long of term.

The wild card here is what Swayman gets paid.

I read Shesterkin wants almost $13m per.

So Swayman is worth what in comparison?

View attachment 889875

I bet he gets it. He, like Swayman, makes the Rangers better than they actually are.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Whatever happens

People will bitch because we paid someone too much

People will bitch because we didn't outbid another team for someone
so true

Well if everyone agreed or was happy about everything it would make this place kind of boring wouldn’t it.lol
I don't think we need to worry about that. :laugh:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Under the "Worst Value" header:

"The biggest name here is Elias Lindholm. Ever since his ’21-22 campaign, with a nice duo of linemates for the Flames, Lindholm hasn’t been the same. He’s still contributing to the box score to an extent (although that’s even questionable now), but virtually every other metric we account for has shown a concerning decline. Given the narrative out of Vancouver and his fairly obvious slump, it wouldn’t surprise me if our contract model ends up being a bit high on him when everything is said and done. That said, it’s completely possible that the right fit exists on a team looking for a player with the obvious ceiling Lindholm has shown."

They're projecting a 7yr $7.96M contract for Lindholm.

That’s a little too much in my opinion

Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad