Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Guentzel Pete Podkolzin
Suter Miller Boeser
Garland Joshua Hoglander

Hughes Hronek
Zadorov Tanev
Soucy Myers

Guentzel 9
Joshua 2.75
Zadorov 4.5
Myers 2

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
That likely doesn't fit. Guentzel ($9.5M) and Toffoli ($4M) plus Zadorov ($4.5M) and Joshua ($3.5M) is $21.5M. That's basically all your cap space and you'd be running Juulsen/Friedman as your two right-side guys behind Hronek. Blue line would be gross.
True, drop Toffoli for a good RHD in above scenario.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
That likely doesn't fit. Guentzel ($9.5M) and Toffoli ($4M) plus Zadorov ($4.5M) and Joshua ($3.5M) is $21.5M. That's basically all your cap space and you'd be running Juulsen/Friedman as your two right-side guys behind Hronek. Blue line would be gross.
I had the same thought.

Guentzel (9.5)
Zad (4.5)
Joshua (3.5)
Dillon (2.5)

That fills the roster out (an LD would have to play RD) with Juuslen unfortunately still in the top 6. And that's being pretty conservative with contract numbers too.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Guentzel Pete Podkolzin
Suter Miller Boeser
Garland Joshua Hoglander

Hughes Hronek
Zadorov Tanev
xxxxxx Myers
1719501192997.png

Why put Podz in the top 6? Hoglander works there (and actually scores goals)
Why put Joshua as the third line centre? Blueger works there (and is a centre).

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
We aren't going to dodge every bullet of emotional pain. Some people may have thought it would end with Lindholm but we kinda had to always know another of the pending UFAs was gonna leave and it was gonna be of the please don't go variety.
I really like Zad. Loved what he did in the playoffs.

But he can, maybe, be replaced with Dillon in the third LD spot, and it would leave room for Guentzel, Joshua, and an RD. It might be the only way to go.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
As far as Guentzel is concerned, not sure how I feel about a winger getting 9M per year on a long term deal. Wingers that are making 9M+ are Panarin, Pettersson c/w, Nylander, Pastrnak, Marner, Kucherov, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Benn, Stone, Pettersson, Point c/w, Huberdeau, Tkachuck, Rantanen, Kaprizov. That’s it. You must be amongst the best wingers in the league to command that, is Guentzel a game changing Superstar? He’s good but not at that elite superstar level.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
As far as Guentzel is concerned, not sure how I feel about a winger getting 9M per year on a long term deal. Wingers that are making 9M+ are Panarin, Pettersson c/w, Nylander, Pastrnak, Marner, Kucherov, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Benn, Stone, Pettersson, Point c/w, Huberdeau, Tkachuck, Rantanen, Kaprizov. That’s it. You must be amongst the best wingers in the league to command that, is Guentzel a game changing Superstar? He’s good but not at that elite superstar level.

This is the same thing as the "no Stanley Cup winners have a player making over 10M." Cap is going up and salaries will as well - these arbitrary lines in the sand aren't really relevant moving forward.

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
Damn I can't believe we're well managed again. To be honest I'm more interested in the management side of hockey than watching them play, so this has been really great to witness. We have capspace and a capable front office, how wonderful. The Benning years were intolerable for me just because it made me too angry, because I got the feeling that the majority of this message board could do a better job. Had to stop paying attention for my mental health.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I really like Zad. Loved what he did in the playoffs.

But he can, maybe, be replaced with Dillon in the third LD spot, and it would leave room for Guentzel, Joshua, and an RD. It might be the only way to go.
I'm honestly ready to let Zadorov go unless the cap hit is extremely friendly. Same with Joshua. I trust what this group is doing and especially their ability and willingness to do their business in season. I really don't want to see them spend on anything(term) until the top of the lineup is truly beefed up.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm honestly ready to let Zadorov go unless the cap hit is extremely friendly. Same with Joshua. I trust what this group is doing and especially their ability and willingness to do their business in season. I really don't want to see them spend on anything(term) until the top of the lineup is truly beefed up.

I think you can have one, but not both, if you want to fully flesh out the blue line and add some forward depth plus top-six scoring.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
At this juncture I’d rather have Joshua at $3.5M and not sign Zadorov for term. Fill that spot with Dillon and save $1-2M and reallocate to a Dillon partner or another forward. Also keeps Joshua Blueger Garland together

Reactions: Nopefully

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

This Walman situation keeps getting funnier. The aura around Yzerman is completely collapsing.
The Yzerplan has always been garbage. But Wings fans will just attack with the angry mob any time you mention it.

For these transactions though, seems like a favour-favour-favour between SJ taking on Goodrow, Detroit gifting SJ a 2nd and Walman, and then....DET taking on Trouba.

Vindication!*

*for me
Yep. Seems almost impossible Walman was a cap dump, especially to that extent.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hog-Petey-Tofolli
Joshua-Wennberg-Garland
Aman-Blueger-Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe

Hughes-Hronek
Myers-Soucy
Z/Dillon-Freidman

Might be a better idea to sign Tofolli instead of Guentzel to help bolster the rest of the lineup. Tofolli for Mikheyev instantly makes Pettersson’s line much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad