Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-EP-Toffoli
Joshua-Wennberg-Garland
Aman-Blueger-Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Z/Dillon-Petrovic
Freidman

Might be a better idea to sign Tofolli instead of Guentzel to help bolster the rest of the lineup.

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hog-Petey-Tofolli
Joshua-Wennberg-Garland
Aman-Blueger-Podkolzin
Di Giuseppe

Hughes-Hronek
Myers-Soucy
Z/Dillon-Freidman

Might be a better idea to sign Tofolli instead of Guentzel to help bolster the rest of the lineup.
Disagree. This team would do the same or worse as last year.

We need to go big game hunting for an impact player who can make something happen when the games tighten and the scoring dries. Toffoli is getting slower by the minute and I would consider this “running it back” and would be a minor failure if this is all they do.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
it really only makes sense as an attempt at an old school punishment trade where he wanted to send him to a terrible situation to make an example of him and grier didn't want him. although you'd think buffalo might have taken him cheaper.

Why would you do something spiteful when it's your job to get the most value out of your assets and from this report probably didn't have to pay to dump him and maybe would have received a pick.

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
I know cap would be super tight and would have to be pylon filling the remaining spots but I think we def could fit the following

(Ignore winger positions as anyone can be moved around)

Guentzel- Petey - Hoglander
Suter - miller - boeser
Pylon - Lindholm - Garland
Podkolzin - Blueger - Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Zadorov
Friedman - Juulsen

Thatcher
Backup

I know it’s probably not plausible because the d is trash but worse case can be upgraded at deadline

Just hurts to lose lindy for nothing

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Disagree. This team would do the same as last year.

We need to go big game hunting for an impact player who can make something happen when the games tighten and the scoring dries. Toffoli is getting slower by the minute and I would consider this “running it back” and would be a minor failure if this is all they do.
We took the Oilers to 7 games with our 3rd string goalie, plus Boeser was out for game 7 and we had Soucy suspended for a game, EP playing like shit through a knee injury, Hughes double minor missed in a critical game etc. The Canucks were the best team in the NHL this year when fully healthy, you don’t need to change much. Toffoli (or similar) for Mikheyev is a big upgrade to our top 6, Guentzel would be great but we lose too much from the rest of our roster.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
A post of yours from earlier today, referencing the previous management group, reminded me of the most bizarre exchange I've had on the board. i said something about a future GM needing to understand certain logical concepts, such as the sunk cost fallacy, or opportunity cost. A poster responded that opportunity cost was too complicated a factor to be accurately measured in hockey transactions.

The poster's writing style was kind of bombastic and pseud- intellectual. I speculated that he'd majored in English at an elite university. He hadn't posted much, and he wasn't around much longer ... Could I have been right?

And yes, I, too, pinch myself.

You may have been closer than you realize.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Why would you do something spiteful when it's your job to get the most value out of your assets and from this report probably didn't have to pay to dump him and maybe would have received a pick.
pour encourager les autres

(ask eddie shore)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
We took the Oilers to 7 games with our 3rd string goalie, plus Boeser was out for game 7 and we had Soucy suspended for a game, EP playing like shit through a knee injury, Hughes double minor missed in a critical game etc. The Canucks were the best team in the NHL this year when fully healthy, you don’t need to change much.
I didn’t say we weren’t good, but it was pretty clear we just didn’t have enough top end scoring talent to go deeper. We were up 3-2 but gassed ourselves because Miller couldn’t carry us every game and scoring dried up and no one else could score. Boeser missed 1 game and we lost - that’s unfair to Boeser to put scoring woes all on him. Even if we won against Edmonton, the cracks were showing with Suter/Mikheyev/Lafferty filling in on our top lines. Even management has alluded to reevaluating our lineup formula this offseason.

We don’t ‘need’ to change much, but it’s realistically impossible to bring back the same team and add to it. There’s a reason they’re taking a run at Guentzel - they saw what we saw.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
God, Guentzel on Dallas would be terrifying.

I hope we have a plan B, C, and D too.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
God, Guentzel on Dallas would be terrifying.

I hope we have a plan B, C, and D too.

They absolutely have contingencies. What they are, we really don't know. The reporting on who the Canucks might be interested in comes from Dhaliwal and we know where he gets his info.

Reactions: David71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad