Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Final Countdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Oh gawd, Drance on the radio saying Guenzel at anything under 11m Canuck fans should be fist bumping. Too much IMO.

• Wow
Reactions: oceanchild

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Oh gawd, Drance on the radio saying Guenzel at anything under 11m Canuck fans should be fist bumping. Too much IMO.

Yeah…I’d love to add Guentzel to this team but let’s say it’s $10.9M. That seems a bit high for a winger. At that point I would rather look into what Laine would cost (and if you could get him simply for Mikheyev and a pick while not asking Columbus to retain any salary).

I’d like to see the Guentzel contract under $10M. Ideally closer to $9-9.5M.

Reactions: Lindgren

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He said something similar on The Crossover with Donnie & Dhali yesterday. The gist is that Guentzel is a superstar that anything under 11m is a good contract.
whatever contract he signs, it’s likely the 1st 2-3 years he paid like 11M in real money but he is not going to be paid 11M like at the backend of a 7 year contract.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
ian mcintyre said on radio "i spoke to an agent that said the canucks are trying to save their money because they have a bigger piece in mind".:oops::oops:
logan stanley?
If 65m is the actual target as rumored, I think I'm OK with sending a 2026 3rd or whatever to Carolina for Guentzel's rights.

8.1 x 8 fits a lot better than 9.3 x 7 imo. The extra year doesn't matter at that point, and with the OEL crunch incoming, every dollar matters.

That 1m could be the difference between keeping Zadorov/Joshua or bringing Tanev home.
trying to squeeze a third out of the opportunity for another team to sign their big move tdl pick up to an 8 year deal versus a 7 year deal when they ostensibly have no given up on signing the guy is the most carolina thing ever. it perfectly captures their inability to follow through even when they make big moves., their ruthless disloyal approach to negotiating, their prioritizing of winning the details over the big picture, and their relentless thriftiness.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Boeser: "Find your own deal"
Garland: "Find your own deal"
Mikheyev: "Find your own deal"

Not too optimistic on this one.

Yeah, I was going to say, this isn't typically an encouraging sign. Granted, it ended up working out nicely for us that neither Boeser or Garland left. But I don't think Mikheyev is going to be in quite the same boat.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yeah, I was going to say, this isn't typically an encouraging sign. Granted, it ended up working out nicely for us that neither Boeser or Garland left. But I don't think Mikheyev is going to be in quite the same boat.

The only time I've heard of it working was with Zadorov. Apparently Milstein was the facilitator for him coming to Vancouver. That wasn't made public until after the trade was made which makes me believe Milstein has already had permission and hasn't had any luck so far.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
like goodrow, mikheyev has a limited no trade clause. if the canucks are considering waiving him so a team on his list can claim him then they might do this first as a courtesy.

otherwise i think it is a courtesy before a buyout.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but I don't see the Canucks paying a sweetener to move Mik. Wondering if there are any players who the Canucks can trade for in a 1 for 1 deal for Mik in an area of need. For example, Pageau has a five million dollar cap hit for two more years and would be a good 3C, eliminating the need to resign Blueger. Or Holl/Chiarot from the Red Wings, both of whom have two more years left, and while not at the level of Zadorov, would allow him to walk to focus on other needs. What other names would be reasonable for the Canucks to consider in such a trade?

Reactions: Lindgren

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Good company. Mik will not be traded and will have a career year and be our playoff MVP!

Thread in 2025: "Ilya Mikheyev 30 goal scorer - Re-sign?"
I know this is tongue in cheek but if we didn’t need the cap space to resign key players. I think he bounces back on line with Petey and Guentzel (or another offensive driver).

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He’s a Dom’s model simp. That model suggests that almost all 1st line caliber players are underpaid and a lot of middle 6 veteran players are overpaid

Basically suggesting that you should build a top heavy team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad