Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I’m actually shocked that Goodrow, Dubois, and Markstrom-retention has been moved so easily.

I thought the Canucks would need to pay through the nose to unload Mikheyev but now I feel less sure of that.

His injury history does complicate things though.
1. Deal in place with the Sharks and Goodrow is a 2-time Stanley Cup champ who showed well in the playoffs.
2. PLD is still young enough, does have talent and plays a premium position. H's just a lazy f***.
3. Marky was once of the best goalies in the NHL for alot of last year. Just listen to any discussion with Woodley.

Mikheyev unfortunately is just a bottom 6 F who can PK. Guy can't put up points and issues with his health. Coupled with 2yrs remaining, I still don't think his value is anything other than 1. taking another crap contract back 2. attaching an asset.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Eh, he was traded for the age 34-36 years of a goalie who dropped an .890 last year and lost his starting spot to career journeyman Charlie Lindgren. He was traded for pretty substantial negative value here.

True, I'm just surprised anyone wants anything to do with him at this point.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Flyers are one of the few teams willing to take on salary. They are rumoured to be buying out a couple of contracts (Johansen and Petersen) so they can further facilitate that. Senators have a few contracts they want to move. Wouldn't be surprised if this involves Korpisalo and Joseph. Flyers were linked to Joseph last year but were asking the Senators to send them a 1st round pick with him.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Columbus and Winnipeg aren't exactly forever homes. Hardly the first players to request moves from there. He gave Winnipeg some solid production in his seasons there.

Jeff Carter himself was traded from Columbus from Philly and then moped himself to LA to win 2 cups.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Here's some Pagnotta BS about the Maple Leafs.

Maple Leafs:
-linked to Zadorov
-want to re-sign Edmundson but he is set on testing free agency
-interested in Colton Parayko
-negotiating with Bertuzzi and Domi on extensions
-belief they will entertain Marner trade calls from a select few teams

Torn between hating the idea of Zadorov in Toronto vs. him at least being out of conference.

I hope he re-signs here.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Allvin better not be getting greedy and asking for a good asset for Mikheyev. Just dump his ass for little-to-nothing if it's possible.
Makes me wonder, here's a stupid question: Has there ever been a trade where one side gives another side an asset without getting anything in return? And can there be? Or would the other team have randomly trade back a negligible asset as a formality?

Conceptually, it would make sense to want to do that, since negative value exists, but is it technically allowed?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Makes me wonder, here's a stupid question: Has there ever been a trade where one side gives another side an asset without getting anything in return? And can there be? Or would the other team have randomly trade back a negligible asset as a formality?

Conceptually, it would make sense to want to do that, since negative value exists, but is it technically allowed?
Yes, the magical asset known as ~*~Future Considerations~*~

Which can literally be completely ignored by both teams if they agree that nothing is needed later on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad