Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Be pretty cool if we did sign a bunch of our targets for less then the silver fox is predicting.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
so if we get guentzel it's like we traded for him at the tdl and then he had a weird injury that made him play like lindholm to the end of the season and playoffs and then we re-upped him and didn't have to give him 8 years?

so the first rounder was not wasted?

asking for a swedish friend.
They moved salary obligations for Kuzmenko this season so the trade was already not wasted.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
3rd and 5th for Guenzel
Lindholm for a 3rd
Get it done JR.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Do whatever you can to dish off Mikheyev. Collect the pick for trading Lindholms rights and trade it with Mikheyev. Do whatever it takes. I will be mighty pissed if we lose out on Zadorov and Joshua and still have the crest shooter in the lineup in the 24/25 season. Regardless if we pick up Guentzel, having Mikheyev in the lineup instead of Zadorov or Joshua would be a disaster. Time to get creative Allvin.

Reactions: dez

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Suter (1.6) – Miller (8) – Boeser (6.65)
Guentzel (9.5) – Petterson (11.6) – RW (2.25)
Duhaime (1.5) – Blueger (2.25) – Garland (4.95)
Hoglander (1.1) – Aman (0.825) – Podkolzin (1)
Plug (0.8)

Hughes (7.85) – Hronek (7.25)
Zadorov (4.75) – Liljegren (3)
Soucy (3.25) – Juulsen (0.775)
Friedman (0.775)

Demko (5)
Silovs (1)

OEL (2.34)

Things are getting tight. Can replace Lijegren with Myers (and probably more realistic) but I do agree that we need a bit more puck movement from the other two pairings. Couple of things, this assumes that

Mikheyev moved w/o retention
Poolman contract moved
22 man roster
Plug can be Raty who whomever

Might be a tad low on Duhaime. One option is to slot Hoglander into the RW spot on the 2nd line obviously but a) I don't feel he's quite there yet and b) that's a small 1B / 2nd line. Not really sure who would be a good target or fit there.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
They moved salary obligations for Kuzmenko this season so the trade was already not wasted.
you mean where we gave away a recent 40 goal scorer who immediately reverted to a 40 goal pace on his new team?

i get the rationale for moving kuzmenko but it does not feel like good value for a 1st round pick to have moved him.

Reactions: PavelBure10

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
If they sign Guentzel, it’ll be

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Dillon Juulsen/Friedman

Most likely. I would prefer Liljegren, and management specifically indicated that they needed more puck movement from the back end, but this is more realistic as I said. I wonder if the Zadorov "patience" is whether the team lands Guentzel or not - there is a path to sign both however.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Am I the only one who's butt puckers at $9.5m for Guentzal? Better work out or window slams shut.

I'm also starting to have doubts about Myers being back. All the "still work to be done" reports seem like code for "I'd be leaving HOW much on the table??" Starting to think he's going to sign a silly contract elsewhere.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Most likely. I would prefer Liljegren, and management specifically indicated that they needed more puck movement from the back end, but this is more realistic as I said. I wonder if the Zadorov "patience" is whether the team lands Guentzel or not - there is a path to sign both however.
I'm all for the best players but a defence that could have Hughes, Hronek, Willander, Liljegren is small.

Reactions: JT Milker and MS

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Am I the only one who's butt puckers at $9.5m for Guentzal? Better work out or window slams shut.

I'm also starting to have doubts about Myers being back. All the "still work to be done" reports seem like code for "I'd be leaving HOW much on the table??" Starting to think he's going to sign a silly contract elsewhere.

i think guentzel is probably the right move for this team at this time, but yeah, the way the contracts are structured they need to be an elite team right away or they're probably going to be good-at-best/mediocre for nearly a decade. half the cap would be tied up in miller, pettersson, guentzel, hronek and hughes

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
May have missed it being posted before, but Drance with a new article today on the team’s priorities:

This is a team that thinks their core group is close to contending credibly for the Stanley Cup, but that still believes they need to upgrade their defence corps while — perhaps more importantly — adding an established, star-level scoring winger into the mix.

Now, the top priority is to find that difference-making player — another Hronek — to further elevate this team. To push it over the top.

Ideally that player is a top-line winger, and the team is excited internally about some of the forward possibilities that are currently bound for the open market on July 1. Make no mistake though, further blue-line upgrades are viewed as essential too.

Reactions: Lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad