Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Final Countdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yes, the magical asset known as ~*~Future Considerations~*~

Which can literally be completely ignored by both teams if they agree that nothing is needed later on
Interesting, I guess I misunderstood what Future Considerations meant. I always thought you had to agree on a conditional asset ahead of time, at the time of the trade with future considerations, but as fans, we just aren't always privy to what that consideration is. They can just agree on nothing later on, or leave it completely ambiguous at the time of the trade?

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Dhaliwal mentioned that Zadorov/Milstein are being patient and willing to wait as Zadorov really wants to stay.
This team needs Zadorov more than Joshua or Lind, but honestly he's the stupid one if he leaves over at most like ~4m total.
He's found a great fit in a great city where he'll be beloved on a perennial contender.

He should take whatever was offered, surely it was more than he would've gotten at the tdl.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I thought you had to agree on a conditional asset ahead of time, at the time of the trade with future considerations, but as fans, we just aren't always privy to what that consideration is. They can just agree on nothing later on, or leave it completely ambiguous at the time of the trade?

I understand that trades often end up resulting in one side giving nothing, due to future considerations not being met, but can you agree on getting nothing in return at the time of the trade (I guess the loophole in that scenario would be having an impossible condition attached to future considerations, but would that even be necessary)?
I'll be honest, I can't remember a time off the top of my head when a team sent back any kind of asset later on to fulfill the "future considerations." And if it did happen, it probably wasn't for anything more than a late pick or an AHLer.

I feel like if a team is expecting a potential asset in return they'll use conditional draft picks. Like a 7th that can become a 4th if so and so happens.

A notable somewhat recent trade was Max Pacioretty to the Canes for future considerations in 2022. He had one year left on his contract for like 7.5M, but he tore his achilles training in the off-season (after the trade), returned for 5 games then tore it again. Carolina has yet to send anything back to Vegas for that trade.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'll be honest, I can't remember a time off the top of my head when a team sent back any kind of asset later on to fulfill the "future considerations." And if it did happen, it probably wasn't for anything more than a late pick or an AHLer.

I feel like if a team is expecting a potential asset in return they'll use conditional draft picks. Like a 7th that can become a 4th if so and so happens.

A notable somewhat recent trade was Max Pacioretty to the Canes for future considerations in 2022. He had one year left on his contract for like 7.5M, but he tore his achilles training in the off-season (after the trade), returned for 5 games then tore it again. Carolina has yet to send anything back to Vegas for that trade.
Interesting, thanks for the info.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Interesting, I guess I misunderstood what Future Considerations meant. I always thought you had to agree on a conditional asset ahead of time, at the time of the trade with future considerations, but as fans, we just aren't always privy to what that consideration is. They can just agree on nothing later on, or leave it completely ambiguous at the time of the trade?

brian savage was traded for future considerations once. the future considerations were brian savage the next offseason

the nhl tightened up the rules on trades a while back** and ever since 'future considerations' is just a polite way of saying nothing. teams can promise to do other stuff but as far as the league office is concerned these are empty promises and teams aren't held to them

** (mostly to eliminate player/picks for cash deals but in the process they basically made it so only picks and players are tradeable and any conditions have to be agreed upon at the time of the trade)

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If Stevie Chaos wants to bring major changes to Ottawa, I hope Allvin is all over him regarding Zub.

Lord knows what they would want but he'd be an amazing acquisition.

Could pair him with Hughes and have Hronek anchoring the 2nd pair.

Reunite Hughes and Hronek when necessary.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
so in other words he'll sign a 5x5

I mean, it's somewhat common league-wide rumour mongering that Guentzel is going to get $9M+ AAV so that's not a totally crazy statement. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes somewhere around there.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Would anybody be interested in signing Mantha if he comes in at like $1.5m-2m? Talented player but inconsistent, doesn't produce too much offense but doesn't get the prime ice time either. Scratched in the playoff this year for a few games, but could be a good buy low candidate for cheap depth.

Not sure where I would slot him though. 3rd line with Garland/Blueger if Joshua doesn't come back? 2nd line as the 3rd wheel with Petey, if Guentzel signs?

Reactions: rea and TruGr1t

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Trade the 3rd for his rights and do 8 to lower the cap hit
Can only sign players to 8 year contracts if they've been with the team since the trade deadline at the latest.

They could do a sign and trade with the Canes to get an 8th year though

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Would anybody be interested in signing Mantha if he comes in at like $1.5m-2m? Talented player but inconsistent, doesn't produce too much offense but doesn't get the prime ice time either. Scratched in the playoff this year for a few games, but could be a good buy low candidate for cheap depth.

Not sure where I would slot him though. 3rd line with Garland/Blueger if Joshua doesn't come back? 2nd line as the 3rd wheel with Petey, if Guentzel signs?

Yes but AFP has him at like 3 x $4.8M AAV so I don't think he'll be near that cheap.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so if we get guentzel it's like we traded for him at the tdl and then he had a weird injury that made him play like lindholm to the end of the season and playoffs and then we re-upped him and didn't have to give him 8 years?

so the first rounder was not wasted?

asking for a swedish friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad