Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, there were a lot of guys who many on this board wanted (Darche, Tulsky for example) were finalists for the GM job here. There wasn’t any stories of candidates dropping out or saying they weren’t interested.

Our perception of Sullivan is way different than the outside hockey world, everyone outside of the org think he’s wonderful. Listen to the way national broadcasts talk about him. I highly doubt any potential GM sees this org as ‘tainted’ because of Sullivan.
Pridham was the one bloke that Dubas waited on and he said no and wanted to stay in Toronto.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Pridham was the one bloke that Dubas waited on and he said no and wanted to stay in Toronto.
It should be noted that Shanahan and Pridham have a relationship that predates Dubas. Pridham and Shanahan both worked for the NHL. When Shanahan was hired to run Toronto, he brought Pridham over that summer. He hired Dubas at the same time.

Pridham is also from the Toronto area.

So even though Dubas may have inquired about his availability and interest, there are strong ties that could reasonably explain why Pridham stayed in Toronto.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And here we are

With still not a single even minor move

Be patient.

Dubas has a plan.

Just ignore the fact that his moves so far since being eliminated have been….

Hold nobody accountable but Todd Reirden, hire Mike Sullivan’s best friend and re-sign a back up goalie for two years.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And here we are

With still not a single even minor move
Didn't he just sign Nej? The cup was awarded two days ago, my lord!

This current team isn't going anywhere ok? It's all about building for the future.

You're gonna have to learn a lot of patience. We won't be relevant for 3-5 years, you need to understand that. And if you don't you'll be miserable.

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Didn't he just sign Nej? The cup was awarded two days ago, my lord!

This current team isn't going anywhere ok? It's all about building for the future.

You're gonna have to learn a lot of patience. We won't be relevant for 3-5 years, you need to understand that. And if you don't you'll be miserable.

It’s all about the future.

That’s why we signed a 29 year old goalie for two years…

Reactions: Pens x

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Jack St. Ivany signed a three-year steal of a deal. Valtteri Puustinen re-signed early.

Both of those moves went under the radar, and nobody will care...until the season starts and we're like, "man, those guys are underpaid!"

Over / under on Puustinen not producing through the first 20 games because Sullivan is playing on the 4th line with Harkins 2.0 and Acciari?

Was today the trade deadline or did I miss something?

Similar to what I said last year. Team's typically lock in their cap picture by July 1st.

If PIT is hoping to get paid for bad contracts or exchange bad contracts with another team, they've essentially got 4-5 days to do it.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Over / under on Puustinen not producing through the first 20 games because Sullivan is playing on the 4th line with Harkins 2.0 and Acciari?

Similar to what I said last year. Team's typically lock in their cap picture by July 1st.

If PIT is hoping to get paid for bad contracts or exchange bad contracts with another team, they've essentially got 4-5 days to do it.
Damn only 4-5 days? We're cooked. Nothing has ever been done in that time.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Damn only 4-5 days? We're cooked. Nothing has ever been done in that time.

What exactly do you expect to be done by Dubas this summer?

You still got to ice a team tough guy. Doesn't necessarily mean it has to be good.

Neat. If you are rebuilding for the future, do what San Jose and Chicago are doing and get assets to take on pieces that can contribute now.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
What exactly do you expect to be done by Dubas this summer?

Neat. If you are rebuilding for the future, do what San Jose and Chicago are doing and get assets to take on pieces that can contribute now.
Prolly at least a minor move, which is being lamented for not having been done yet

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Yeah July 2nd is a good time to judge Dubas' plans as there's unlikely to be much movement for the Pens after that.

If Jarry/Smith/*insert player you don't like* is still on the Pens past that date, they're probably here to start the season.

Also by July 2nd we'll have seen what free agents Dubas spent our cap on. Hopefully he does better there than last year lol.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Be patient.

Dubas has a plan.

Just ignore the fact that his moves so far since being eliminated have been….

Hold nobody accountable but Todd Reirden, hire Mike Sullivan’s best friend and re-sign a back up goalie for two years.
Your boy Tulsky hasn't made a significant move in Carolina yet despite the Canes having a lot of questions needing answered. Isn't he running up against that same deadline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad