Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
It's a weird UFA market for defensemen, in that there are way more RHD than LHD available, seemingly.

Bad time to need a top-four LHD. There's Skjei, who will get an enormous contract. Then you're basically at Zadorov/Dillon and....?
So we sign both those guys and then: Soucy for Marino?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Flames are in an extremely interesting situation. They have a lot of cap space (23.27m), Wolf is their only important RFA, and they have pretty much their entire team under contract for next season. They have a clear need at defence if they want to compete. Here's their NHL depth chart:

Weegar-Andersson
Bahl-Miromanov
Hanley-Pachal

No one seems to know which way the Flames will go. I'm not sure they know either.
They got Kylington in there too.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Flames are in an extremely interesting situation. They have a lot of cap space (23.27m), Wolf is their only important RFA, and they have pretty much their entire team under contract for next season. They have a clear need at defence if they want to compete. Here's their NHL depth chart:

Weegar-Andersson
Bahl-Miromanov
Hanley-Pachal

No one seems to know which way the Flames will go. I'm not sure they know either.
I lmao when they hired Conroy as gm.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
This seems to imply that they'll be like a Chicago/SJ-level team and they aren't even remotely close to that bad. Like, not even on the same planet.

They're probably not a playoff team but they aren't even a bottom-5 roster in the NHL.
I think you would have to ask what he implies by that. He is a flames fan.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think you would have to ask what he implies by that. He is a flames fan.

I'm not having a go at you for posting it. It just seems like a weird overreaction. It's still a pretty overall middling roster even before they use up the $23 million in cap space they have.

They have, like, probably 8 players better than the best player on the 23-24 Sharks.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I'm not having a go at you for posting it. It just seems like a weird overreaction. It's still a pretty overall middling roster even before they use up the $23 million in cap space they have.

They have, like, probably 8 players better than the best player on the 23-24 Sharks.
The Sharks have the 2nd worst win percentage of any team in the past decade this year. They were .06 ahead of the 16-17 Avalance that had Mackinnon, Duchene, Rantanen, Barrie, Landeskog, Girgorenko, Zadorov, Iginla, Erik Johnson. Last years Blackhawks had a higher win percentage than that team. It's very possible to have good players and an extremely bad team.

Sharangovich and Coleman had career years. They lost their #1 center, #1 goalie and their best defensive defencemen and have no really stellar prospects coming up. See what they do but it's possible, they could be very bad.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Do we think 34 year old Markstrom lasts longer as a starter than Schneider did in NJ? Schneider only had 4 seasons in NJ where he played more than half a season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Do we think 34 year old Markstrom lasts longer as a starter than Schneider did in NJ? Schneider only had 4 seasons in NJ where he played more than half a season.

I think Markstrom will be mostly fine health-wise. They acquired Allen so they could run a tandem of old guys then when one of them inevitably breaks down they rotate one of Daws or Schmid.

Reactions: Wisp

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The Sharks have the 2nd worst win percentage of any team in the past decade this year. They were .06 ahead of the 16-17 Avalance that had Mackinnon, Duchene, Rantanen, Barrie, Landeskog, Girgorenko, Zadorov, Iginla, Erik Johnson. Last years Blackhawks had a higher win percentage than that team. It's very possible to have good players and an extremely bad team.

Sharangovich and Coleman had career years. They lost their #1 center, #1 goalie and their best defensive defencemen and have no really stellar prospects coming up.

Their 1C last year was Kadri.

They still have a pretty deep top-9 up front (Kadri, Huberdeau, Mangiapane, Backlund, Zary, Sharangovich, Kuzmenko, Coleman) and two legit top-pairing defenders in Andersson and Weegar. And that's before they use up $23 million in cap space.

They're probably not a playoff team but it would be really surprising if they're a 'shocking bad' team as is being implied.

Reactions: Vector

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Flames really need to find a star or two in the draft, could change their dynamic.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Guentzel:
-Canucks would rather not give up the draft picks to get his negotiating rights
-Hurricanes still trying to sign him

Blueger:
-talks continue with him
-thinks the Canucks have identified him as a guy they want back with Lindholm gone

Zadorov:
-Milstein is willing to be patient and open-minded
-Zadorov really wants to come back to Vancouver
-thinks the Canucks are trying to clear up cap space to bring him back

Myers:
-a lot of work to do

Chatfield:
-knows if he hit UFA the Canucks would have been in on him

Jani Hakanpaa:
-keep an eye on him if he hits the market

Alexandre Carrier:
-another guy the Canucks are interested in