Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Imagine having a $9.5 million dollar problem and a GM who wants to get out of it. Must be nice.
I’ve been wanting to see deals like this for like 2 years. Sometimes you just have to dump some cap and try again with some new players.

That’s something about the current Nucks management that I respect. They’ll dump you if they have to and they’re pretty aggressive about filling holes, getting Zad and others mid season was great for them.

I suspect Jackson is about to make a couple dumps in the next week or so.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Wish they could work on extending McDavid now too. Im a Leafs fan (regretting lately) saying this, Tired of hearing McDavid to Toronto in 2 more years bullshit, especially on HF, we need help elsewhere. Anyways....... I dont want McDavid to leave here. my parents love talking about McDavid even though they've never seen him live. This was a fun playoff run to watch and be apart of.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Oh I know, but you know, basically publicly leaking a trade and you haven't even talked to the representative of the guy who as a NTC, that's my lolz.

I've always liked Mikheyev, I would take him in a deal for Campbell, no problem.

Mikheyev sucked on the Nucks but was good with the Leafs. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him bounce back somewhere else. Not exactly a slam dunk cap dump IMO

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Wish they could work on extending McDavid now too. Im a Leafs fan (regretting lately) saying this, Tired of hearing McDavid to Toronto in 2 more years bullshit, especially on HF, we need help elsewhere. Anyways....... I dont want McDavid to leave here. my parents love talking about McDavid even though they've never seen him live. This was a fun playoff run to watch and be apart of.
Can’t sign anything until a year from now. But Leon and Bouch can sign in a few days, if they’re locked up I’m very certain McDavid will when it’s his time.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This is my template for next season. Obviously it would be based on Nurse being traded. If we can’t trade him, we won’t be able to fill as many perceived holes

View attachment 887805
If Janmark-Rico-Brown are back, I'd say there's a 100% chance that they're the third line.

It'll be a miracle if the three of them are paid low enough to not be.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Nice bit of work but isn’t Mikheyev only 4.75? Lafferty was a UFA so his cap hit is gone.
Yeah I mean cumulative. Usually that's what the talking heads reference to eat money

Debrusk would be such an Oilers pick up. Style wise and history wise. Another high motor, big body, speedy forward with maybe iffy hands and/or vision.

I don’t know if he’ll be worth his ask. I don’t think we could even afford him. But I guess if we got him, I’d be fine with it. Can’t argue against additions like Hyman and Brown at this point and this player type is in line with that.
I'd take a run at him for sure

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Janmark-Rico-Brown are back, I'd say there's a 100% chance that they're the third line.

It'll be a miracle if the three of them are paid low enough to not be.
Imo the hard part will be keeping Henrique. Janmark said at his age winning is all that matters is, which tells me he is staying. Brown? All the tension from the fanbase is gone so maybe he stays. I'd guess not cheaply

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Just curious, were you an Oilers fan too? Your username is familiar, but I could be wrong

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Imo the hard part will be keeping Henrique. Janmark said at his age winning is all that matters is winning which tells me he is staying. Brown? All the tension from the fanbase is gone so maybe he stays. I'd guess not cheaply
I suspect Henrique’s family is pretty happy in Anaheim. If he doesn’t sign with us I’m pretty sure he’ll go back there or nearby.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Imo the hard part will be keeping Henrique. Janmark said at his age winning is all that matters is winning which tells me he is staying. Brown? All the tension from the fanbase is gone so maybe he stays. I'd guess not cheaply
Pretty sure Henrique also said his priorities are more towards winning. Still, I can’t picture affording him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nurse out. Or 9.25M out would be immense. That’s a game changer. We would go into next season better than this years team. Rare after a Cup run shortfall. I don’t want to get my hopes. Could it really be realistic?
You'd need to find a taker. Imo it still makes more sense to upgrade his partner. He played tons better away from our RDs but it's not ideal to have him play with other LDs like Broberg or Kulak.

But sure, maybe there is a way. Maybe the most probable is to trade him for a similar player but the RD version. Seth Jones' contract and status are similar. Hamilton is too much like Bouchard. Maybe send extra value to Chicago and they retain a chunk

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rishaug made it sound like there is no way Henrique is back on GYB a few min ago
Yeh he just doesn’t have the history with these guys. And he has too much value on the open market. I’m okay if he was strict rental. I also think positionally we aren’t that bad off with the speedy and 2 way responsible Mcleod at 3C with another year of experience under his belt.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Yeh he just doesn’t have the history with these guys. And he has too much value on the open market. I’m okay if he was strict rental. I also think positionally we aren’t that bad off with the speedy and 2 way responsible Mcleod at 3C with another year of experience under his belt.

McLeod can take a hike. I’d trade him for a pick.

Guy needs to be sat to play well. Over and over.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You'd need to find a taker. Imo it still makes more sense to upgrade his partner. He played tons better away from our RDs but it's not ideal to have him play with other LDs like Broberg or Kulak.

But sure, maybe there is a way. Maybe the most probable is to trade him for a similar player but the RD version. Seth Jones' contract and status are similar. Hamilton is too much like Bouchard. Maybe send extra value to Chicago and they retain a chunk
Upgrading his partner would be a good plan B. But if there’s a way, and it doesn’t rustle McD’s feathers, I’d get rid of him asap. Hate to say it, cause I really wanted to support Nurse on this run, but even in the game he was praised for having a monster game, on my rewatch he was still pretty damn bad. Like I just don’t think there’s much we can do to save his game. It’s just risky in a playoffs scenario.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That's the smart play imo, and then just upgrade at the deadline. We might not need to.

I still say McLeod has a couple steps of development to show us still.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McLeod is an absolutely awful center and he proved that all year. He can handle bottom 6 wing but he offers nothing at center

That's the smart play imo, and then just upgrade at the deadline. We might not need to.

If you have to keep upgrading your 3c every deadline, maybe stop putting that guy as your 3c

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yeh I know Oil Country is really down on Mcleod. I still see a good player there, there’s lots of tools to work with and a decent tool box. He needs to take this offseason though and realize he needs to be more of a bottom 6er and less of a top 6er. He needs to hit more often and he needs to crash more nets. I think with his skating and his head for the game, he should be able to transition to that type of game no problem.

McLeod is an absolutely awful center and he proved that all year. He can handle bottom 6 wing but he offers nothing at center

If you have to keep upgrading your 3c every deadline, maybe stop putting that guy as your 3c
He offers responsible 2 way play as a 3C. Brings elite speed to get back and dart in and out of defensive plays.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad