Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Can you imagine having Tkachuk, Joshua and Zadorov next season? Sheesh. The FO has to go all in on Tkachuk. Literally the perfect acquisition for us.

Reactions: Donuts

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Kevin Fiala?​

Ooooooooooohhh...he fits the bill too.

About 30 mins, Hughes played that much with Myers too. But if I can recall a lot of that was when they were down and trying to generate offence. He spent hardly any time on the right side in the regular season too. We know Tocchet prefers playing defence-man on there natural side.

Yeah, it was almost always in late game situations. He prefers it but given that he played Cole on his off-side when everyone is healthy and Zadorov is capable of playing on his off-side too. I think it'll be a push-comes-to-shove situation where if they wind up with 4 LD, one of them will be on the right side.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Zadorov: going up to 5x5 if he’ll sign that is a no brainer. Question is how you deploy him - beside Hughes or with Soucy?

Dillon: it feels like an obvious telegraphed signing that’ll happen the moment free agency opens, but how does it work $ and handedness wise? Hronek must be moved for it to make sense financially and with Zadorov here

Tkachuk: trade literally any sensible asset to get him (maybe no Willander but even then I’d think long and hard and do it)

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Zadorov: going up to 5x5 if he’ll sign that is a no brainer. Question is how you deploy him - beside Hughes or with Soucy?

Dillon: it feels like an obvious telegraphed signing that’ll happen the moment free agency opens, but how does it work $ and handedness wise? Hronek must be moved for it to make sense financially and with Zadorov here
Why would you play lefties with lefties. Dillon isnt necessary if you re-sign Zadarov - focus shifts to the right side.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Trading for Brady would mean Willander, we'd effectively be going all in the next couple years.

Willander would be a gigantic loss though.....we need young performing D-men to compete for the cup for cap purposes.

If we could pull off Hronek, Lekkerimaki, 1st, Hoglander, or something....maybe its possible?

Need to hope we pull a Dallas and pull off a few 20/30 goal scorers in the later rounds though...

Reactions: geebaan

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I would empty the cupboard for Tkachuk. If a player like that becomes available you put all of your chips in and try to win the cup in the next 2-3 years.

Willander, Lekkerimaki, 1sts, etc.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I would empty the cupboard for Tkachuk. If a player like that becomes available you put all of your chips in and try to win the cup in the next 2-3 years.

Willander, Lekkerimaki, 1sts, etc.
I would offer Hronek, Lekkermaki, Hoglander, 1st and 2nd round pick.

I’d try to keep Willander personally, but if he needed to be included, then I’d say they have to take Mikheyev.

Interesting that Tkachuk doesn’t have any trade protection….

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
I would offer Hronek, Lekkermaki, Hoglander, 1st and 2nd round pick.

I’d try to keep Willander personally, but if he needed to be included, then I’d say they have to take Mikheyev.

Interesting that Tkachuk doesn’t have any trade protection….
Thank goodness you are not the general manager.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Tkachuk would be an amazing target for Allvin and the Canucks. His leadership, goal scoring ability and aggressive approach to the game would be a welcomed addition to the roster. I would also empty the cupboards for this player, he would be amazing in the playoffs.

Reactions: Hodgy and Donuts

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Would love to add Brady Tkachuk. Can one of you CapFriendly folks, put together a cap compliant line up that includes Tkachuk, Zadorov and Joshua? Perhaps with Blueger to centre the 3rd line?

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
So ignore most of the names here, it was more about assigning a cap hit to a position. I just wanted to see what we could do if we kept Zadorov and Lindgolm

I like the idea of being strong down the middle and loading up one side of the defence strong like Tamp did in their run.

After doing the exercise Probably better to downgrade on Lindholm and keep Zadorov. Maybe if you can get him to come in under the 6 mil I have him here it would fit more, but I wanted to put it at a high number for the exercise.

View attachment 875717

After signing Zadorov and Dakota, I would actually explore that trade with Carolina for KK. It is for sure a risk, but see if he can work with Joshua and Garland, and if not its such a cheap buyout... Hogs and Mik for him? Gives you more room too for Petey's wing and adding a real RHD.

Still want to play around a bit, but thats where I would start.
Zadorov would have to come in closer to $5M to make it make sense. Something with longer term and front loaded so when he sucks you can place
Him on LTIR.

Reactions: racerjoe

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Who wouldn't take Brady Tkachuk on the Canucks but I wouldn't be willing to pay the price that some have mentioned. I don't think Ottawa would want a bunch of futures either.

I'd say Garland, Hronek and Silovs gets it done for Tkachuk and Anton Forsberg.

Sounds as if Ottawa will move on from one of their LHD most likely Chychrun. They will probably get some futures for that.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
If Allvin pulls off Tkachuk, we should all shave our heads.
Those that need to. God only made a few men with perfect tops, the rest he put hair on. Does that mean I am a Tkachuk guy already?
Ooooooooooohhh...he fits the bill too.

Yeah, it was almost always in late game situations. He prefers it but given that he played Cole on his off-side when everyone is healthy and Zadorov is capable of playing on his off-side too. I think it'll be a push-comes-to-shove situation where if they wind up with 4 LD, one of them will be on the right side.
Most teams are NOT L - R combinations, that is one reason RHD are so wanted. Dallas plays 2 RHD
Hronek, there is a good chance he goes but he isn't necessary to sign Zad, as I pointed out many times, just which contract cap hits with Myers. A no brainer. The Hronek money used for another large human or in a trade.
Why would you play lefties with lefties. Dillon isnt necessary if you re-sign Zadarov - focus shifts to the right side.
Lefties with lefties, 6 out 9 of the last cup champs had a lopsided defence.
Tocchet played and won with only 2 of 10 RHD, Coached and won with 3 of 8 RHD, 2 of 8 RHD Penquins, lost in Tampa with NO RHD one half season and 2 of 12 RHD the full season, Yotes seasons, 3 of 12 RHD, 2 of 10 RHD, 3 of 10 RHD, 4 of 11 RHD. Maybe all those losing seasons he just attributed to not having equal pairings because he played on many teams that didn't have equal pairings.. You won't remember but Wee Willie made rookie Tryamkin play left and right side, I think to teach him lesson, it didn't work mostly due to size and reach but also because the was a great skater too.
RHD is such a topic because Hughes strong suit is still not defence, he is getting better but is still rag dolled in the playoffs and has a time of it clearing the box.

Maybe Allvin's comment about Hronek being able to run his own pairing has to do with an offer for Hughes instead. Then the worry would not be so much on needing a RHD. AND ya I know the posters will fill the thread with, THEY WILL NEVERTRADE Gretzky, oops, Hughes. ;)

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Would love to add Brady Tkachuk. Can one of you CapFriendly folks, put together a cap compliant line up that includes Tkachuk, Zadorov and Joshua? Perhaps with Blueger to centre the 3rd line?
With an 8M salary coming in, a large salary or two is gonna have to go out.

Reactions: oceanchild

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Who wouldn't take Brady Tkachuk on the Canucks but I wouldn't be willing to pay the price that some have mentioned. I don't think Ottawa would want a bunch of futures either.

I'd say Garland, Hronek and Silovs gets it done for Tkachuk and Anton Forsberg.

Sounds as if Ottawa will move on from one of their LHD most likely Chychrun. They will probably get some futures for that.
Pettersson for Tkachuk and Pinto? :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad