Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Off-Season Edition | Not satisfied, so now what?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Who’s the current Phil Kessel? JR and Allvin will go out and acquire that guy.

That’s actually a really interesting question. Maligned late-20s player signed long term. Miscast as the star. Still pretty productive, though.

Three names jumped out at me: Mark Scheifele, Tomas Hertl, and Johnny Gaudreau. But that all are in their 30s. Don’t fit the profile because of that.

But there’s one player that is perfect. I think fits these exact requirements. Checks all the boxes. Of course I talk about none other than…

Bo Horvat.

• Wow
Reactions: Peter Griffin

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Players Canucks Are Rumoured to be Interested In
Trade:
Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Friedman)
Martin Necas (Friedman & Dhaliwal)

UFAs:
Jake Guentzel (LeBrun) (deadline)
Tyler Toffoli (David Pagnotta)
Brenden Dillon (Dhaliwal)
Chris Tanev (Dhaliwal)
Brandon Duhaime (Seravalli) (deadline)
Alexandre Carrier (Seravalli) (deadline)
Troy Stecher (Dhaliwal) (previous offseasons)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I still want to know what Brady Tkachuk’s status is in Ottawa after rumours he wanted out late in the season.

Can't remember exactly which "insider" it was but one of them said that he had talked to the new management team and told them if they don't start winning immediately, he wants out. It was stressed that it wasn't a trade request but he was clear that he would follow his brother's lead.

Should be noted, starting next summer he has a full NMC. So the Senators really do have to turn it around this season or trade him while they have the leverage.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Players Canucks Are Rumoured to be Interested In
Trade:
Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Friedman)
Martin Necas (Friedman & Dhaliwal)

UFAs:
Jake Guentzel (LeBrun) (deadline)
Tyler Toffoli (David Pagnotta)
Brenden Dillon (Dhaliwal)
Chris Tanev (Dhaliwal)
Brandon Duhaime (Seravalli) (deadline)
Alexandre Carrier (Seravalli) (deadline)
Troy Stecher (Dhaliwal) (previous offseasons)

Stecher would be an ideal 7th guy / upgrade on Juulsen, but I feel like that ship has sailed. There’s been chances to bring him back and it just hasn’t happened.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Stecher would be an ideal 7th guy / upgrade on Juulsen, but I feel like that ship has sailed. There’s been chances to bring him back and it just hasn’t happened.

Yeah, that's the way Dhaliwal described it. Lots of respect and Stecher wants to come home but playing time is the most important thing. Every time the Canucks have reached out to talk to him about coming back, they couldn't align.

I'd like them to aim higher for the 3rd line RD spot and Juulsen is perfectly fine as the 7th guy.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Stecher should know by now that even if he signed here as the 7th man he'd quickly find himself in the lineup in no time with injuries etc.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Or if you just run around like a chicken with its head chopped off, blab and brag about how $M@rT you were for getting in on Stamkos and Subban, you'll also be put into the preverbal stocks with rotten tomatoes thrown at ya.

It still blows my mind that, given the GIGANTIC unspoken secret that is tampering around free agency, that we had the one guy dumb enough to freely admit to doing it. On the record, in front of cameras.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It still blows my mind that, given the GIGANTIC unspoken secret that is tampering around free agency, that we had the one guy dumb enough to freely admit to doing it. On the record, in front of cameras.

I bet during the Reign of Error, other NHL team execs and managers would routinely tune in to our media availability, with popcorn in hand, just to see what out-worldly wisdoms our dear leader had to spew again.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I bet during the Reign of Error, other NHL team execs and managers would routinely tune in to our media availability, with popcorn in hand, just to see what out-worldly wisdoms our dear leader had to spew again.
Following the Benning regime usually felt like

QYTxEa.gif

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
No I’d be trying to move Hoglander, Lekkerimaki, multiple 1sts and other futures for Tkachuk with a Mikheyev dump included.
We should be doing something like this and it makes the upcoming offseason really exciting.

I like Necas and Ehlers as targets too for strong skating wingers to drive more transition offence in Tochett’s system. Obviously with a much more conservative offer given contract statuses.

Reactions: Burke's Evil Spirit

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Can't remember exactly which "insider" it was but one of them said that he had talked to the new management team and told them if they don't start winning immediately, he wants out. It was stressed that it wasn't a trade request but he was clear that he would follow his brother's lead.

Should be noted, starting next summer he has a full NMC. So the Senators really do have to turn it around this season or trade him while they have the leverage.

Sens are headed into an all-in season with Travis Green at the helm and questionable goaltending.

Canucks should keep their powder dry for the trade deadline.

Last edited:

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
That’s actually a really interesting question. Maligned late-20s player signed long term. Miscast as the star. Still pretty productive, though.

Three names jumped out at me: Mark Scheifele, Tomas Hertl, and Johnny Gaudreau. But that all are in their 30s. Don’t fit the profile because of that.

But there’s one player that is perfect. I think fits these exact requirements. Checks all the boxes. Of course I talk about none other than…

Bo Horvat.

I actually thought Timo Meier might be gettable at one point, but he turned it around to close out the year so probably not.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
NHL announced the SCF schedule. Potential last games are June 15th to 24th. The NHL draft takes place on June 28th & 29th.

The soon the playoffs end, the more trade action will pick up.

Draft / Free Agency is so fun for all the activity it generates.

Then the last three weeks of July/all of August are just an agonizing wait for hockey to start back up. :laugh:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Draft / Free Agency is so fun for all the activity it generates.

Then the last three weeks of July/all of August are just an agonizing wait for hockey to start back up. :laugh:

Yesterday, I was listening to Sekeres & Price and Patrick Johnston talk about this. The entire industry takes most of July and August off except them. So they have to figure out what to do during the dead period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad