Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Let the negotiations through the media begin!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You bascially end up running two "second lines". For example, in the playoffs Pettersson and Lindholm both averaged around 19 mins per game. Lindholm is good because he's used in multiple different alignments and situations.

I do agree with the above, though, this will continue to leave you with a wing deficit and at least one or two suboptimal wingers in the top-nine.

I think signing Lindholm is a pretty good indicator the Canucks are not optimistic about their ability to get another true top-six winger. They will likely be left chasing guys like Toffoli, Zucker and Duclair.
Honestly running with Miller, Petey and Lindholm is probably good enough to get us into the playoffs. If they are doing that, I would hope we put 2 cheap wingers with Lindholm and see if we can start the season like 1-2M under the cap and get top6 help at the deadline, and I think for us, the "deadline" is probably mid Jan and not the actual TDL.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Then someone can file a complaint, get the twitter account shut down, and I'll just continue posting summaries here.

or you could add a little editorial content and commentary and make it more difficult to shut down. either way, good luck.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I know some people have talked about Zadorov playing with Hughes. I think if both Hronek and Zadorov are both back we might see a Zadorov-Hronek pairing. That would mean you would have to go with Juulsen or someone under $1.25 million on your third pair with Soucy to start the year. They could then upgrade at the deadline.

Hughes-UFA/Trade
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Juulsen

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I know some people have talked about Zadorov playing with Hughes. I think if both Hronek and Zadorov are both back we might see a Zadorov-Hronek pairing. That would mean you would have to go with Juulsen or someone under $1.25 million on your third pair with Soucy to start the year then you could upgrade at the deadline.

Hughes-UFA/Trade
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Juulsen

He did play a bit with Hronek during the playoffs as well. Would satisfy both Allvin’s comments about wanting to see Hughes and Hronek drive their own pairs and Tocchet/Foote’s preferences for keeping players on their natural side.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I know some people have talked about Zadorov playing with Hughes. I think if both Hronek and Zadorov are both back we might see a Zadorov-Hronek pairing. That would mean you would have to go with Juulsen or someone under $1.25 million on your third pair with Soucy to start the year. They could then upgrade at the deadline.

Hughes-UFA/Trade
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Juulsen

I think General Zad doesn't have to be the partner of Hughes all the time, he can just be slotted there every now and then, which basically sends the message of: you touch him, I'm going to kill you.

Reactions: David71

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here's a fun one.

Trade:
Mikheyev to whoever for whatever

RFAs:
Hronek for 7.25m
Silovs for 1.0m

UFAs:
DeMelo - 5.5m
Zadorov - 5.0m
Arvidsson - 4.0m
Joshua - 3.75m
Myers - 2.5m
Blueger - 2.2m
Jost - 0.775m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Arvidsson
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Podkozlin
Jost

Hughes-DeMelo
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space - $3,333

Realism - 0%

Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Here's a fun one.

Trade:

RFAs:
Hronek for 7.25m
Silovs for 1.0m

UFAs:
DeMelo - 5.5m
Zadorov - 5.0m
Arvidsson - 4.0m
Joshua - 3.75m
Myers - 2.5m
Blueger - 2.2m
Jost - 0.775m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hughes-DeMelo
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Myers

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space - $3,333

Realism - 0%
9 forwards. You crazy.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Here's a fun one.

Trade:

RFAs:
Hronek for 7.25m
Silovs for 1.0m

UFAs:
DeMelo - 5.5m
Zadorov - 5.0m
Arvidsson - 4.0m
Joshua - 3.75m
Myers - 2.5m
Blueger - 2.2m
Jost - 0.775m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hughes-DeMelo
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Myers

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space - $3,333

Realism - 0%
Actually this is one of the more realistic ones :laugh:

Arvidsson would be a good get but still wish we could move into a higher winger tier

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Actually this is one of the more realistic ones :laugh:

Arvidsson would be a good get but still wish we could move into a higher winger tier

Agreed. Arvidsson is a good target if they want to completely cash out and pump money into defence.

Also, I just really like the idea of DeMelo and Hughes running mate.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Here's a fun one.

Trade:

RFAs:
Hronek for 7.25m
Silovs for 1.0m

UFAs:
DeMelo - 5.5m
Zadorov - 5.0m
Arvidsson - 4.0m
Joshua - 3.75m
Myers - 2.5m
Blueger - 2.2m
Jost - 0.775m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hughes-DeMelo
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Myers

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space - $3,333

Realism - 0%
I don't think Blueger is coming back. I think he wants term and the Canucks don't want to give it to him. I think he is looking at Kampf, Paul and Gaudreau contracts and want something similar. Travis Boyd is a interesting target right shot center coming off an injury riddled year. I would not sign Myers, would rather have Juulsen and the cap flexibility. I like Arvidsson but I think you need to aim higher for a winger for Pettersson.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Here's a fun one.

Trade:

RFAs:
Hronek for 7.25m
Silovs for 1.0m

UFAs:
DeMelo - 5.5m
Zadorov - 5.0m
Arvidsson - 4.0m
Joshua - 3.75m
Myers - 2.5m
Blueger - 2.2m
Jost - 0.775m

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Podkozlin
Jost

Hughes-DeMelo
Zadorov-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Cap Space - $3,333

Realism - 0%

Jost is a guy I've wondered about too.

Like, I've seen this guy be an effective NHL player - circa the 19-20, 20-21 seasons he seemed to be reprofiling really nicely into a hard-working, high-motor 25-30 point bottom-6 player ... and then he just lost it and has become a vanilla nothing over the past few years.

Wonder if Tocchet's system could make him recapture what he was doing 3-4 years ago, and he's still only just turned 26. Worst case as that he's a good veteran for Abbotsford and experienced C depth to have around in case of injuries.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I've wanted give Jost a try for a while, he can't make plays consistently at this level but he skates and retrieves pucks well enough to play on a 4th line.

Reactions: sting101

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't think Blueger is coming back. I think he wants term and the Canucks don't want to give it to him. I think he is looking at Kampf, Paul and Gaudreau contracts and want something similar. Travis Boyd is a interesting target right shot center coming off an injury riddled year. I would not sign Myers, would rather have Juulsen and the cap flexibility. I like Arvidsson but I think you need to aim higher for a winger for Pettersson.
I would be disappointed if Blueger signs elsewhere and it’s in the low 2s

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Having everyone with guaranteed multiyear contracts is not the greatest strategy. I think we need to sign a few guys to one year league minimum deals in free agency. Someone like Barrie might help the powerplay and come very cheaply. Christian Fischer another player with size who Tocchet is familiar with. Had a bad year last season and might be good on a one year prove it deal. Lots of these type of players available and I'd rather have a few of them than re-signing one or two of ours to an overpriced multi year deal.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I really cannot understand the rationalizations for bringing back Lindholm at a 7x7 deal. That is absolutely disastrous.

I don't even have much confidence he can keep this somewhat disappointing level of production up for another two seasons, let alone beyond that. For the crowd that thinks we should sacrifice depth to upgrade the top-six, but simultaneously want to bring back a $7M 3C....it makes no sense. The club didn't want to invest this kind of money in Bo Horvat to be a 3C, but want to do it with Lindholm? Why?

It only makes sense if Lindholm becomes their permanent top-six fixture. But again, I don't really think he's going to maintain a high enough level of play to ever justify the contract, perhaps not even in year 1. His level of play is largely just driven by whoever his linemates happen to be, and I think there are many other passenger players out there you can find for a lot cheaper.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I have changed my mind, New Jersey Devils fans are now in my top three most annoying fans on HF boards.

They don’t want to give up anything of value, but they somehow want to get a top end goalie.

They keep talking about how the 10th is potentially available, and then when a person brings up a specific goalie, they say no to every single one of them🤣

Incredibly annoying
Schneider ptsd

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I just think you have to commit to a path here. There's really only one option right now of going all out the next few years while you have JT Miller and Demko entering the latter stages of their prime while having Pettersson, Hughes and Boeser in their prime.

There is a clear 2-3 year window right now where you don't really have any consensus clear cut team that's in the way of a cup, especially out West.

You ideally want to have a long window but there's no real prospect pool or budding crop of young reinforcements to suggest this team having that luxury.
If they are truly "all-in" for the next 2-3 years then they should be emptying the prospect/draft pick piggybank (incl. Willander/Lekk) to add truly high-end players. Not sign a $7M 3C.

It doesn't seem like that is the path. So alternatively, they can prioritize contending now without signing disastrously bad contracts that will be bad value from Day 1.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I really cannot understand the rationalizations for bringing back Lindholm at a 7x7 deal. That is absolutely disastrous.

I don't even have much confidence he can keep this somewhat disappointing level of production up for another two seasons, let alone beyond that. For the crowd that thinks we should sacrifice depth to upgrade the top-six, but simultaneously want to bring back a $7M 3C....it makes no sense. The club didn't want to invest this kind of money in Bo Horvat to be a 3C, but want to do it with Lindholm? Why?

It only makes sense if Lindholm becomes their permanent top-six fixture. But again, I don't really think he's going to maintain a high enough level of play to ever justify the contract, perhaps not even in year 1. His level of play is largely just driven by whoever his linemates happen to be, and I think there are many other passenger players out there you can find for a lot cheaper.

Bo is a goal scoring center that gets mistaken as being good defensively because he can win draws and he asked for 8M+ so that’s a big difference compared to Lindholm who is a borderline elite defensive center that puts up less offense, maybe?, who is asking for 7x7?
If they just extend Lindolm and don’t get another top6 guy then yeah that’s not good. I actually don’t mind if their plan is to spend below the cap somehow and then save the picks to add a guy like Buch at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad