Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose 2-0; Best player? Empty net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
Goaltending will not be an issue with this team. Lack is a stud.

Defence is good, a puckmover would be nice.

The offence is PUTRID. My god.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
wow just wow,

Now being told Lack has requested trade due to "Lack" of run support....

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Man, its really rough seeing how great this core once was struggle so damn mightily. The same core pieces were around up front (Kesler, Sedins, and Burrows) when they were the best in the league offensively. There's so many problems with the team but its not really worth repeating them anymore, but that fact is the most depressing of them all.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Boy, that "everyone's accountable" philosophy sure looks hollow right now. Kassian pays for every little mistake, while others are free to play absolutely baffling hockey.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Embarrassing. This team is done. If Dan Sedin doesn't get his **** together, this team won't compete until his contract is up.

And yet this team was kicking ass 1 month ago. To go from good to this terrible in 1 month is beyond bizarre. I have not been impressed with the coaching lately, at all.

The system is breaking down, there is no generation of chances of the rush, the zone entries are rotten, the cycling seems to be cycling for cycling sake. We could get this out of Joe Sacco.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I called that earlier. We've looked slow all year IMHO and part of that is the breakout.

Team speed is an issue, for sure. So slow in the transition after we cause a turnover. The team isn't fast enough to get on the forecheck. The teams break out is slow and predictable the other team is just waiting there for it.

This coupled with the PP being so brutal are the two key reasons this team is in such rough shape.

Without the kind of goaltending the Canucks have received from Luongo and Lack this year this team is a bottom 10 team IMO.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
well im putting $100 on boston tomorrow that's an ass whopping waiting to happen. Sucks because this team was actually playing well a few months ago and curb stomped the bruins. Now im expecting a 6-0 type of game.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Tough loss... We outplayed them for 59 minutes and have nothing to show for it. I thought this was one of Daniel's better games this year.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This team badly misses Henrik...oh wait, that didn't change a thing.

Full credit to Lack though, he played great. Didn't see the Winnipeg game but heard he was the reason we didn't get absolutely blown out again. We're just a bad team.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
you mean everyone not named Lack

We can get rid of most of the other duds, The fact of the matter is that if Dan Sedin doesn't get it together, then the 1st line will always be ineffective. Dan Sedin and his bro aren't going to be traded. We can trade most of the other duds if we need to, but he's one person that actually need to score goals.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
This has got to be one of the toughest stretches to watch as a Canucks fan. Unbearable. Even more so than during the 10 game losing streak under AV, where Burrows played hero.

How can a team continue to score so little without some serious adjustments, system wise, I don't know. They are still trying to play the same way, expecting a different result.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Booth sucks.
Daniel sucks.
Kesler sucks.
Burrows sucks.
Edler sucks.

Guess which players are topping the charts in ice time!

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
If the Canucks are in a win now mode which I assume they are and I was Gillis if call up Garth snow and say what do you want for vanek and I'd give it to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad