Value of: Canucks firesale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Realistically: Miller and Pearson are the two biggest candidates to be traded. And they’ve been our two most consistent players this season.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
1st, heinola and vesalainen for boeser@50% retention

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Guys who it makes sense to move as the season goes: Miller, Halak, Motte, Boeser. Tough to see others with contracts etc unless the Nucks want to eat salary which might be a possibility for 1 guy.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Not point for anyone to make any threads with Vancouver players as their fan base expects blue chip++ returns when their players are struggling. Also apparently Vancouver doesn't need any help on the back end as their D core is "really good"

Reactions: LeafChief

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Not point for anyone to make any threads with Vancouver players as their fan base expects blue chip++ returns when their players are struggling. Also apparently Vancouver doesn't need any help on the back end as their D core is "really good"

We expect value back when trading value and understand that just because the team is playing lousy we don't need to sell our star players for pennies on the dollar.

We absolutely need help on the back end, what we don't need is any more undersized offensive LHD, which we've explained at length, you and a few other members of the Av's fanbase can't seem to grasp this, I can't understand why.....

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
We expect value back when trading value and understand that just because the team is playing lousy we don't need to sell our star players for pennies on the dollar.

We absolutely need help on the back end, what we don't need is any more undersized offensive LHD, which we've explained at length, you and a few other members of the Av's fanbase can't seem to grasp this, I can't understand why.....

Undersized has nothing to do with it. How did Myers work out for you.. and if you're referring to Girard, he'd instantly be the number 1 dman on that roster. His preference it to play RD. At this point the Vancouver roster is stuck being a bubble team and unless you are ready to accept that the team trading away the best player in the trade is going to almost always lose the trade

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Undersized has nothing to do with it. How did Myers work out for you.. and if you're referring to Girard, he'd instantly be the number 1 dman on that roster. His preference it to play RD. At this point the Vancouver roster is stuck being a bubble team and unless you are ready to accept that the team trading away the best player in the trade is going to almost always lose the trade

Girard would not be above Hughes, he isn't the type of Dman we would trade one of our stars for, we don't want him, please stop trying to convince us to take him, if he is so amazing than keep him.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I wonder what a demko to Edmonton deal would look like

To Edmonton: demko

to vancouver: koiskonenen +2022 first + 2023 first +???? + ????

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Girard would not be above Hughes, he isn't the type of Dman we would trade one of our stars for, we don't want him, please stop trying to convince us to take him, if he is so amazing than keep him.
Again I never offered Girard in this thread. I simply stated that most Vancouver fans expect the moon for a return for struggling players who have not shown any progress over the past year and a half. Also once again you prove my point that with your opinions of players is exactly the reason why Vancouver is stuck in the bubble team zone and keep picking between 7 to 15

Reactions: Lt Dan

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Again I never offered Girard in this thread. I simply stated that most Vancouver fans expect the moon for a return for struggling players who have not shown any progress over the past year and a half. Also once again you prove my point that with your opinions of players is exactly the reason why Vancouver is stuck in the bubble team zone and keep picking between 7 to 15

We don't expect the moon just value and we expect what we are trading for is going to address a team need, why is this so hard to understand?

We are where we are in terms of standing because of managements inability to build a team, it has nothing to do with the fanbase overvaluing young players on HF boards. You and a few other Av's posters are really obsessed with our team, how about you worry about your own and leave ours to us?

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
If you read Hf at all literally every fan of any team expects good returns for their players. Its not some Canuck fan only thing.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Prob more than we’d want to pay tbh

Probably accurate.

A first and an RHD defender, with emphasis on size, defensive play and physicality, would be where we'd have to start. But until Benning is canned, it's not likely to happen unless its a hockey trade at this stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad