Post-Game Talk: Canucklehead

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 stars

• Chris Kreider

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Mika Zibanejad

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Vladimir Tarasenko

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Artemi Panarin

Votes: 84 92.3%
  • Gary Trocheck

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Jim Vesey

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Alexis "Big Red" Lafreniere

• Kaapo Kakko

• Filip Chytil

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Julius Gauthier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake LeShihtzu

• Barcley Goodrow

• Adam Fox

• Ryan Lindgren

• K'Andre Miller

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Jacob Trouba

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Mikko Mikkola

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Igor Shesterkin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Didn't we play the same 3 game sequence last year? Lost to the Nucks with a JT Miller winner, McDavid with a highlight reel goal against Nemeth and Calgary was a decent game finally.

They got murdered in Calgary and lost that Edmonton game in OT but yes, that was the McDavid goal game.

I think they lost to the Canucks in regulation too. They had a lead and blew it and it started a bit of a slide.

Like I said, I can't remember the last time they played in this building and had a good game. Maybe once in the last 11 years.

Reactions: Brother Mouzone

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Didn't we play the same 3 game sequence last year? Lost to the Nucks with a JT Miller winner, McDavid with a highlight reel goal against Nemeth and Calgary was a decent game finally.
McDavid strafed through 4 Rangers, I'll never forget that

Poorest performance I have seen in a long time from this team. They were outplayed in every period. Defense was garbage, Igor was garbage, and effort was garbage. If Vancouver has an average NHL goalie we lose. I never complain especially about individual bad games but this game just pissed me off. They fly into Vancouver on Sunday, have 3 days off, and thats the effort you give?
Demko would've won this game

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Igor was very off all night. Gotta be better than that. Still time for him to figure it out. All is forgiven as long as he’s locked in for the playoffs. This team can score enough at this point they can outscore issues in regular season hockey.

Fox looked a bit off too. I wonder if he’s nursing something.

The real issue was the Rangers played the whole game coasting as if they were blowing the Canucks out because the Canucks stink. When the Rangers turned it on, it was easy. But Vancouver was scrappy and kept working and got back in it.

It is what it is. Two points in the first game of the road trip.

Reactions: egelband

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
That was kinda pants but it's the first game on the West Coast
I wish I could give the poster credit who brought this up last year but I don’t recall who it was . Sorry whoever you are.
The first road game for an east coast team playing on a pacific time game usually is a loss.
The third period for the Canucks was played between 9:45 and 10:30 P.M. their time and for the Rangers, their players are playing the third period what would normally be between 11:45 P.M. and 12:30 A.M.
Fatigue must play a role. Happy for the win.

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
I normally don’t complain about wins, but that wasn’t my favorite. Why did degiuseppe look like he was in fastforward compared to everyone on the rangers? How many icings did he negate?

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Whole team was off all night and if it wasn't for Vancouver being terrible defensively and having poor goaltending, this would've been an L.

-What the heck was with the official scoring? Trouba gets the puck poked off his stick on the Miller goal and loses an assist? WHY
-Also have to watch the replay of the ENG but seemed there should've been 2 helpers on that as well instead of only one.
-2nd PP needs to stop deferring to point shots. Try to create something with the forwards.
-1st PP really didn't look good at all especially heading up the ice.
-Igor was bad tonight. Was fighting the puck all night.
-The more I see of Jake Leschyshyn, the more I don't want him in the lineup again. He does nothing well. Every time he touches the puck it's an automatic turnover. Whenever he's on the ice, the Rangers get pinned in their own end and don't create anything. Let Goodrow center Krav and Goat...that'd actually be much better as a fourth line, and good enough for a third if our team wasn't so deep.
-In spite of all this, they scored some nice goals, but there was no sustained forecheck or offensive zone pressure.
-I still don't understand Trocheck. He'll try to beat 2D solo all day and take bad angle wristers when he's on the verge of skating past the net, but Panarin will find him in a shooting area and he won't pull the trigger.
-Despite the -1, Mikkola had a solid game and is a massive upgrade over Harpur. He's far stronger on the puck and in the corners, and he doesn't have Harpur's dumbass shot selection ("are you far away from the net? take a bad angle fadeaway wrister and aim high!") algorithm programmed into his brain either.
-Tarasenko looks a little lost out there like he's deferring to others. He had a couple chances to rip it and made passes instead. Hopefully someone on the coaching staff politely reminds him we need him to think shoot first.

Obviously I'll take the two points, but if they play like this against Edmonton, it's going to be ugly. Hopefully this was one of those get it out of their system games. They looked very slow today, the passes weren't crisp, the zone clears were awful, took entirely too many icings, and there were definitely some notable lack of hustle plays sprinkled in at times.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Panarin was absolutely mesmerizing, that was 2019/20 Bread. He was assertive, playing with swagger and trying to fire everything at the net. He had that aura of a superstar.

Mika was very good as well.

Tarasenko looked lazy as hell, floating everywhere. Not good.

Trocheck was ok, still had that tunnel vision that I’ve complained about.

Vesey played a really simple game, almost painfully so because of how basic and X’s and O’s he plays. Zero finesse to his game but he did well.

Chytil was great, got some ohhhs out of the crowd on some of his rushes.

Kakko was pretty bad, pretty slow and his shots had so little power on them. Pretty much every other players shot made a completely different sound when it hit the goalies pads than his did. His body language was also really bad, looked mopey and shook his head when skating to the bench at end of several shifts. Some really bad turnovers too, honestly I’d say he was our worst player today.

Lafreniere not good

Kreider’s speed almost generated a few chances but he looked disengaged at times.

Gauthier was Gauthier.

Leshytshow was suck.

Goodrow was fine.

Fox was kinda underwhelming, didn’t feel like I was watching a superstar out there. His stick broke up a few plays and kept some pucks in but not the best game for him.

Lindgren was pretty good, he’s more mobile than he gets credit for.

Trouba was hilarious. The crowd hated him. He threw a few massive hits and Joshua was pissed at him multiple times. Temporarily injured Lazar. Then there were moments where he stumbled over his own feet, was looking a completely different direction from the play, etc lmao. He looks even dumber in person, when you look at in outside of the play he'll literally routinely trip over his own feet, he'll blankly stare into space and forget he's playing hockey, we may legitimately be able to get out of his contract citing some sort of mental disability making it cruel to allow him to play a contact sport.

Schneider was decent.

Mikkola is an oaf, took a penalty again lol. And is nowhere near as physical as advertised.

Edit: forgot Miller! Don’t know how because he was very good. Man when I was along the glass in warmup and he was just feet in front of me he looks like a f***in tree! Giant of a man. Our best defenseman today

Shesterkin had an off game but the first goal was in a scrum and second he had no stick. The game was also generally very sloppy defensively for both teams. Was exciting seeing him try to shoot on the empty net even though it wasn’t a great attempt lol.

Gallant’s bald head was magnificent in person tbh. But the guy hid in the lockerroom the entire warmup because of my sign and his impending arrest.

Last edited:

maris

Oct 20, 2005
They got murdered in Calgary and lost that Edmonton game in OT but yes, that was the McDavid goal game.

I think they lost to the Canucks in regulation too. They had a lead and blew it and it started a bit of a slide.

Like I said, I can't remember the last time they played in this building and had a good game. Maybe once in the last 11 years.
I was thinking back in '94

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Panarin is loose and wants a Himbo. He doesn't want a line driver, he needs a workhorse he can ride and drain. Vesey will always defer to Panarin while Trocheck will hold his own on puck retrievals and act more like a center than strome. Vesey has real potential here to be a $800,000 replacement for a $5M Strome.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I’m so bitter than I was too late to try to bet us down 1-0 at -130. I assumed it locked because we scored and I was still bitter as hell. -130 for an Ebug caliber vs Shesty with like 55 min left is lunacy.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
igor just looks off to me...last year it felt like he was almost on top of every shot - idno how to describe it other than like last year he almost looked like he was bullying teams. he had a style that was so smooth it was borderline disrespectful/arrogant how easy he made it look. that hasnt been there this year. not that hes been bad, but certainly been a drop off. its entirely mental...i just hope someone knows the trick for how to get that where you literally know guys on breakaways are already dead to rights way before they shoot

2 points tho. kid line worst game in a long time. panarin and mika good to see. fox been quiet lately....is the dogdays of the season though. like how mikola fits, that can be a real solid bottom pair. vesey honestly just keeps improving its awesome.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Tarasenko was f***ing COASTING for 90% of the game. No overreaction at all from him. Is it a problem now? Probably not; guys that have won cups know what the upcoming grind is going to be like and I don't mind guys throttling back in meaningless games so long as he's hitting everything that moves and driving the net like a savage in the playoffs.
I love how everyone is now an expert on this guy after a few games. It’s game number 50 something against a putrid team in which the team scored 6 goals but somehow it’s still “take shots at Tarasenko” time already.

It’s insufferable.

It’s a win and that’s what matters.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Shocking Panarin stat - he’s never had a negative +/- season in his entire career
Considering how many points he gets on the PP and his love of the cross ice backhand pass, that is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad