Confirmed with Link: Cangy Stepping Down as Play by Play Announcer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Well this sucks. I didn't like Cangy too much when he was the fill-in for Doc, but he grew on me over time and by the end I really did enjoy hearing him call games.

I think he did a good job at keeping professional while still being obviously excited when the team did well. Lots of guys fall too hard toward either homer or disinterested and I always appreciated that he would tell it straight.

As for who should replace him, I say we should see if this guy wants to switch to calling hockey games:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
No more OH BOY CANGI's from Dano
4FB67F0C-0A60-4851-AA16-F9020F4228E0.jpeg

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah this really does blow. Just hit me. A decade is a long time and he’s been our voice. Will be weird to hear someone else.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Loughlin is so long winded it’s horrible to listen to. He calls one shot and 15 other things happen by the time he’s done.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I nominate Bleed. His rants on goaltending and coaching would be epic.:laugh:
I can already hear myself saying “Shut the f*** up Kenny” every time he tries to rationalize a poor goal against on the goalie or crediting how great Ruff is. Or some opposing coach “And there you see the head coach of the LA Kings Todd McLellan. Very good head coach in this league in my estimation”. And then me firing back “Shut the f*** up Kenny, this guy sucks as a head coach! I could have that job right now if I was cutting Babcock’s grass back in the early 00’s”.

“Yeah, I think Mackenzie knows he’s gotta stop that one, but it’s a little unfortunate there” and I would go into a tirade and that would probably only last one game.

I would actually love to hear someone shoot on players and coaches and GM’s and tell everyone how they really feel on a hockey broadcast instead of blindly crediting everybody and going out of the way to give compliments to every goalie and player and coach and GM there is.

That said, I think I’d be more cut out for color commentator than a play by play guy. I don’t have the greatest voice for play by play, nor can I really keep up with my voice against the play on the ice. I can ramble on for 30 seconds with a record number of shots taken on some goalie or coach or whoever in those 30 seconds, but the play by play isn’t my thing. I feel like I wound be like an even worse version of Bob Miller when he was 80 years old and at the end of his career.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Am I the only one who is relieved? Going from Doc to Steve was like going from Le Bernadin to Burger King. So I could never really pallette the guy.

Matt Loughlin would be my choice.
I was not a fan of Cangelosi at all. Only reason I’m not more relived is I’m convinced we’ll end up with someone worse.

Would love Matt Laughlin.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Cangi is very intelligent and one of the best we ever had. Working with Dano requires a certain type. You need to be a fast talker to balance the tempo, and be able to pick up Dano if he goes on a tangent.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Someone on Reddit posted this:

Laughlin replaces Cangy
Sal behind the bench as an assistant
PK takes Sal’s role

I wouldn’t mind this
I wouldn’t mind that either. Though, the Reddit has also turned themselves off to drafting Slaf due to Byron Baders analytics, so my estimation of them as a whole has f***ing plummeted.

Reactions: glenwo2

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I was not a fan of Cangelosi at all. Only reason I’m not more relived is I’m convinced we’ll end up with someone worse.

Would love Matt Laughlin.

i’m just glad i won’t have to hear him call things in the past tense anymore. “nico moving in HE SCOOOOOOORED”…who does that lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad